[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some colorful core movies? I'm a bit sick of rusty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8
File: suspiria.jpg (20 KB, 620x264) Image search: [Google]
suspiria.jpg
20 KB, 620x264
What are some colorful core movies?
I'm a bit sick of rusty flicks
>>
File: 2.jpg (961 KB, 1200x1740) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
961 KB, 1200x1740
I gotchu fâm
>>
>The Fall
>Cries and Whispers
>Inauguration of the Pleasure Dome
>Only God Forgives
>Keiko Desu Kedo
>The Girl Can't Help it
>>
>>62741624
bless you
>>
>>62741628
>>62741624
thanks anon
>>
>>62741624
>Skyfall
>Colourful

u wot m8? It's grimdark&edgy brown and grey all the way

And where the fuck is Mad Max: Fury Road in that list?
>>
>>62742938
you're right, stalker isn't much colorful either but the list is still viable
>>
File: ilcon1.png (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
ilcon1.png
2 MB, 1600x900
The Conformist is the best looking film EVER
>>
>>62741563
"Les Parapluies De Cherbourg", "Wizard Of Oz", & "Pleasantville"
>>
File: Tokyo Drifter (1966).jpg (1 MB, 3840x1638) Image search: [Google]
Tokyo Drifter (1966).jpg
1 MB, 3840x1638
>>62741563
Tokyo Drifter senpai
>>
>>62743271
already on my torrent tbqh senpai ty
i'm open to more sugestions bonus if the movie is actually good)
>>
File: tumblr_ndkjsfV2ti1s57bimo1_500.png (501 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ndkjsfV2ti1s57bimo1_500.png
501 KB, 500x700
>>62741563
SUSPIRIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>62743420
Alright, senpai. Here goes:

>Only God Forgives
>Drive
>Spring Breakers
>Enter the Void
>Irreversible
>Sin City
>Chungking Express
>Fallen Angels
>In the Mood for Love
>Any Wong kar Wai films tbqh
>The Grand Budapest Hotel
>>
A good recent one is The Strange Color of your Body's Tears
>>
Pacific Rim

>Del Toro envisioned Pacific Rim as an earnest, colorful adventure story, with an "incredibly airy and light feel", in contrast to the "super-brooding, super-dark, cynical summer movie". The director focused on "big, beautiful, sophisticated visuals" and action that would satisfy an adult audience, but has stated his "real hope" is to introduce the Kaiju and mecha genres to a generation of children.

>Del Toro conceived the film as an operatic work: That was one of the first words I said to the entire team at ILM. I said, 'This movie needs to be theatrical, operatic, romantic.' We used a lot of words not usually associated with high-tech blockbusters ... We went for a very, very, very, very saturated color palette for the battle for Hong Kong. I kept asking John to tap into his inner Mexican and be able to saturate the greens and the purples and the pinks and the oranges.
>>
>>62744266
>Pacific Rim
>colorful adventure story, with an "incredibly airy and light feel", in contrast to the "super-brooding, super-dark, cynical summer movie".

lmaoooooooooo
tried to watch it and everything happened at the night, in the middle of the ocean, AND inside the eye of a storm. or fucking underwater. couldnt see shit. fuck that movie.
>>
Grand Hotel Budapest
>>
>>62744315
but the water helps to make everything shinny and night time makes the colorful lighting stand out

and you shouldn't see the water as an obstruction, the water, rain and ocean waves are part of the what's going on
>>
File: thegirlcanthelpit.jpg (127 KB, 853x361) Image search: [Google]
thegirlcanthelpit.jpg
127 KB, 853x361
>>62741628
>>62742885
Gonna append to my list these ones:
>Modern Girls
>South Pacific
>Kamikaze Girls
>Submit to Me Now
>Liquid Sky
>A Single Man
>The Adventures of Prince Achmed (depending on version)

I've also heard Red Desert has some amazing use of colour.
There's a few moments in The Ladies Man where the production design really pops -- there's also the amazing dance scene which is all monochromatic, but still full colour.
Keep an eye out for the Tex Avery and early Bob Clampett colour WB cartoons. They used oil paints for the background and the colors a way more ballza than any other cartoon short at the time excp. for some Disneys
>>
>>62744338

COULDNT
SEE
SHIT

thats all that matters.

>it flopped hard

gee why would it?
>>
File: the-holy-mountain-lizard.jpg (126 KB, 1125x488) Image search: [Google]
the-holy-mountain-lizard.jpg
126 KB, 1125x488
Holy mountain

>>62742938
probably for that scene in honkkong
>>
>>62744375
b-but it's getting a s-sequel
>>
File: inferno.png (992 KB, 730x1115) Image search: [Google]
inferno.png
992 KB, 730x1115
If you dig Suspiria, Inferno is like a sister film to it with many of the same visuals and blue and purple deco design. I actually enjoy Inferno even more than Suspiria, even if its a strange jumbled mess in comparison. Its a beautiful disaster with an awesome soundtrack, lots of creative murder scenes, and lots of pretty Italian women. Your standard Giallo fare.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.