[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what's the movie equivalent of welcome to the NHK /tv/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: Welcome_to_the_nhk.jpg (52 KB, 420x456) Image search: [Google]
Welcome_to_the_nhk.jpg
52 KB, 420x456
what's the movie equivalent of welcome to the NHK /tv/?

inb4 castaway on the moon
>>
>>62740042
Leave. Pedos aren't welcome here anymore.
>>
Maybe Tamako in Moratorium. Or some slacker comedy. Can't think of anything very similar.

>>62740070
Did you mean to post this in some other thread?
>>
>>62740042
ima boku wa

NHK dub > sub
>>
>>62740105
Yeah that might be similar. I've heard of it but haven't seen it.
>>
Watched the first 5 or 6 episodes...it was pretty terrible. Do people like it because they can relate to the total loser of a protagonist?
>>
>>62740143
Also the stupid love interest and general "realism" (well, as far as chinese cartoons are realist), I guess.
>>
>>62740070
>Pedos aren't welcome
>on /tv/

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: armond.jpg (22 KB, 300x279) Image search: [Google]
armond.jpg
22 KB, 300x279
>>62740042
Boyhood

Both are shit but receive praise from tasteless retards who like anything they can relate to. Just because you share experiences with a fictional man it doesn't make them less pathetic or more meaningful.
>>
>>62740244
Just because it's a meme anime on /r9k/ doesn't mean everyone who likes it is from /r9k/.
>>
>>62740302
Are you saying there are people who like it for any other reason?
>>
>>62740244
The difference is Boyhood is about an ostensibly normal kid.
>>
>>62740325
Yes. It's no different from any other work of fiction.
>>
>>>/a/
>>>/trash/
>>
>>62740360
which is why normalfaggots liked it despite the lack of artistic merit. They just saw boring normal shit happening and thought that was just like men so that's totally profound maaaan. Just like OP with his loser cartoon.

>>62740366
see>>62740377
Get some taste scrub.
>>
>>62740465
>Get some taste scrub.
What are you talking about?
>>
>>62740465
are you saying there is no merit in mundane topics?
>>
>>62740594
I'm saying there's no merit in Boyhood.

>>62740536
anime
>>
>>62740611
Huh? Again, what are you talking about?
>>
>>62740620
NHK is trash
>>
is anime to /tv/ swj to /pol/?
cuz i have never seen anything that trigger /tv/ faster than somebody trying to talk about anime here
>>
>>62740722
Ok? What about it?

>>62740761
It triggers /g/ /v/ too. It's mostly an American thing.
>>
>>62740776
/v/ i can understand, but probably because they are pretty tsundere about it
what is up with /g/? and why would anybody try to talk anime with them in the first place anyway
>>
>>62740761
anime gets talked about plenty here, each thread usually gets one person calling everybody faggot weebs for a mountain of (you)'s though. It works so well that it kind of says something about anime fans.

>>62740776
I don't really remember NHK, I gave it 10 or so episodes and wasn't getting into it. The humour was okay but nothing special and I wasn't interested in where things were going.
>>
>>62740806
Well people don't try to talk about anime per se on /g/, but posting an anime image or even having something anime-related visible in a photo of a battlestation can set people off.
>>
the novel is so much better than the anime/manga

read the 2nd edition of it with the fore/after-word.
>>
Are there any US movies about paranoid NEET conspiracy nutbags?
>>
File: 1447199229090.jpg (87 KB, 960x880) Image search: [Google]
1447199229090.jpg
87 KB, 960x880
PURUPURUPURURIN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg8Jahz6RM4
>>
Dont watch this show. Absolute garbage. The people who like this shit refuse to acknowledge its no different to every other piece of crap anime. Dude meets a bunch of girls with problems HAREMshit.
>>
>>62742435
this

the book however has less haremshit, more insanity, pedophilia, substance abuse and generally dark shit going on. well worth a read if the idea of a hikistory appeals to you at all.
>>
Joon-ho Bong's segment on Tokyo! is somewhat similar

>Tamako in Moratorium
>ima boku wa

Don't watch either of these, awful flicks tbqh senpai
>>
>>>/a/
>>
Tatami galaxy far superior.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.