[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is this a movie i can enjoy with subtitles?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: 6921470.3.jpg (139 KB, 500x701) Image search: [Google]
6921470.3.jpg
139 KB, 500x701
is this a movie i can enjoy with subtitles?
>>
File: 1417046599954.gif (2 MB, 298x256) Image search: [Google]
1417046599954.gif
2 MB, 298x256
If this is a question you're asking it's probably not your kind of movie.
No direct correlation but call it a hunch.
>>
>>62739027

pretty sure i put a question mark after my "question", so yea, its a question.
>>
>>62739110
Jesus Christ man, reading comprehension
>>
>>62738960
>this movie
>enjoy

u wot m8
>>
>>62739110
you are retarded son.
Pass it.
>>
>>62738960
>watching movies with subtitles
>ruining your immersion
>not learning the language
>>
>>62739202
Am I supposed to believe you fucks know Japanese, French, German, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, etc etc when you can't even type properly in English?

What's this about watching movies without subtitles, is it a new meme?

>It breaks da immersion
Are you fucking 8 and can't read a line of words almost instantly?
>>
>>62739255
>new meme
this is before /tv/, senpai
>>
>>62739255
>I only know one language
Dumb ameriburger
>>
>>62739202
You have to be mentally deficient to not able to read subtitles and watch a film at the same time. It's one of the easiest things to multitask.
>>
yo guys, i didnt want to spark a debate. i've watched a couple films with subtitles that i enjoy, just wondering if this was worth the watch, cause i don't speak russian
>>
>>62739326
and I already told you if you're that much of a closed minded shit you probably won't like it
>>
>>62739285
I know English, Spanish, Portuguese and a little French.

But fuck, I need subtitles for everything else.

I'm pretty sure I speak more languages than 90% of the people in this bread. Including the faggot I quoted first.
>>
File: tumblr_nhfkgzQgve1u4ohj8o1_1280.jpg (1 MB, 1002x1500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nhfkgzQgve1u4ohj8o1_1280.jpg
1 MB, 1002x1500
>>62738960

it's really boring, op. it's film only a pretentious douche could like
>>
>>62739367

And yet you cant be bothered learning Russian?

Don't even bother with this movie, it doesn't need people like you.
>>
>>62739367
>I know Mexican, hue and a little frog
Wow, give this man a fucking medal for his ability to understand telenovelas and football commentary without subtitles

>>62739394
He's a pleb. Tarkovsky would've ripped his ass apart for thinking that he as a non-Russian could even dare to try to understand his films.
>>
holy shit. /tv/ is a hateful place. im never coming back here.
>>
>>62739394
>>62739394
>And yet you cant be bothered learning Russian?
Did you learn Russian specifically for this movie? Why would I learn such a useless language?

>Don't even bother with this movie
>Implying I haven't seen it.

>It doesn't need people like you
Multilingual? Ok.

Answer my question, do you know all the languages I posted before? There are movies in all of those, and you don't use subtitles.

Unless you watch them dubbed, which makes you cancer.

>>62739414
>i know slav
Congrats, you can squat.

And he calls me pleb, heh.
>>
>>62739414
Tarkovsky wouldn't have ripped anyone's ass apart. Deeply spiritual, a humanist and a pacifist.

Though it's true he didn't believe poetry could be translated, film, especially Tarkovsky's, do not rely on the music of language.

Even watched without dialogue or sound his movies are felt.
>>
AH NUU CHEEKI BREEKI
>>
>>62739027
Its boring.
It is.
Adjani, Possession.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgrGes8KMRM
>>
>>62739552
Boring isn't an argument. Boring is a problem with the viewer.
>>
Tarkovsky liked Bergman's films and didn't speak Swedish.

Stalker is great. One of my three favorite movies, and much less "boring" than the others I've seen by him.
>>
And meanwhile the Strugatsky brothers are rotating in their grave.
>>
>>62739372
>not understanding psychoanalytics
Hi, pleb
>>
>>62738960
Masterpiece.
>>
>>62739491
>Tarkovsky wouldn't have ripped anyone's ass apart. Deeply spiritual, a humanist and a pacifist.
lol have you even read his diaries or journals or anything related to how he spoke to international critics? He was not some warm jovial uncle, he was extremely harsh on 90% movies and 95% of the people he met and interacted with, and didn't mince words when it came to art and films.
>>
I've been meaning to show Stalker during movie nights that I host for freshmen in our chem department.
Should I just give them Stalker or just choose something else. They're there not for the movie but the little stamp of attendance that I sign afterwards.
Its either this, Trolljägaren or Chung king express
>>
>>62743407
>thinking psychoanalytics isn't 100% bullshit

It's not the 19th century anymore.
>>
File: 3d3cb86.jpg (19 KB, 349x349) Image search: [Google]
3d3cb86.jpg
19 KB, 349x349
>>62739255
>not knowing russian in 2015

ffs no wonder burgers are a loser nation
>>
>>62739367
>this retarded nigger doesn't know russian

why the fuck would you even consider watching tarkovsky's cinematography without knowing the fucking language first??? /tv really became a pile of shit for the retards to gather, like anon here.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.