[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was Episode 6 called 'Return of the Jedi' when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: thinking pepe.jpg (20 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
thinking pepe.jpg
20 KB, 500x375
Why was Episode 6 called 'Return of the Jedi' when the Jedi didn't return? Luke didnt bring back the Jedi Order after all, as we all know because of the events of Episode 7. Also, the title "The Force Awakens" is similar to Return of the Jedi, except including the dark side as well.
>>
File: 1443807872137.png (203 KB, 770x1000) Image search: [Google]
1443807872137.png
203 KB, 770x1000
this is your jedi now
>>
Luke was the Jedi who returned
>>
Luke is a Jedi. He returned in E6.
>>
Allegedly Lucas was going to call it Revenge of the Jedi, but changed it to Return at the last minute to save just under $1,000 a year on marketing.
>>
Luke wasn't a Jedi Knight untill episode 6 so calling it "return of the jedi" is wrong. It should have been "arrival of the jedi"
>>
>>62724702
>>62724706
right, but the title makes it seem like Luke was going to bring back the Jedi by training a new generation like in the EU iirc. He did not do this and thus the title doesnt really make sense anymore.
>>
>>62724738
It is really fucking obvious. The Jedi were in hiding. The came back with Luke taking on Vader and the Emperor. Is that really so hard to see?
>>
>>62724788
they werent in hiding; they were extinct besides Luke. The title "return of the jedi" implies that they will come back. however, they don't, besides luke.
>>
the title implies that the jedi will return because of Luke. hwoever, they do not as we know because of episode 7. thus the title makes no sense.
>>
>>62724669
I've often wondered this myself. It makes more sense after you learn that "Return of the Jedi" was a cop out, and the original title was supposed to be Revenge of the Jedi e.g. a description of what a now dark and brooding Luke, clad in black, does in the movie when he avenges his father and toes the line with the dark side. But Lucas backed down after he told himself "Jedi don't believe in revenge."
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.