[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys think about Gotham?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 12
File: image.png (3 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3 MB, 2048x1536
What do you guys think about Gotham?
>>
File: gothic222.jpg (88 KB, 1280x706) Image search: [Google]
gothic222.jpg
88 KB, 1280x706
>>62722187

love it
the 100 Penguin attack will not be topped a long long while on any TV show
>>
Really so many great actors with great writers and a great gothic city to take place in.
>>
File: david-mazouz-1397143046.jpg (328 KB, 1916x1076) Image search: [Google]
david-mazouz-1397143046.jpg
328 KB, 1916x1076
Great show
>>
Best show currently airing on TV
>>
The writing is mostly terrible, but some of the actors do a pretty good job. Bruce and Alfred scenes are actually pretty good, when they easily could have been Phantom Menace-y.
>>
File: gothmcat2.jpg (22 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
gothmcat2.jpg
22 KB, 720x404
Bruce, wait. I really liked it when you used 2 fingers.
>>
>>62722187
Its shit but its fun to watch.
>>
I really like it. But Bruce is a fucking bitch.
>>
>>62722270
This kid can't act
>>
File: dr.hurt.jpg (76 KB, 584x310) Image search: [Google]
dr.hurt.jpg
76 KB, 584x310
Can't wait until they reveal who's behind it all.
>>
File: tumblr_nxqcfdw38K1srtqcqo1_1280.png (1018 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxqcfdw38K1srtqcqo1_1280.png
1018 KB, 1080x1920
>>62722341
>>62722350
Bruce is GOAT
>>
Fish Mooney did a fantastic job
>>
Holy shit though the fucking shooting in any scene. They can't even hit the broad side of a barn if they wanted to. Acting is sugar, sitting is shit
> get onto shootout but there's still half an hour left in this episode
> find a way to run

I still watch it though
>>
I though Moroni was beyond cliche but still fun to watch
>>
>>62722187
Complete garbage, lousy even by capeshit standards.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2014-09-30-16h00m58s224.jpg (147 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2014-09-30-16h00m58s224.jpg
147 KB, 1280x720
>>
>>62723697
there he is

i was getting a little worried
>>
>>62723697
>I guess that just comes with living in Gotham (tm) airs Monday 8/7c

Really? Jesus Christ.
>>
they try too hard, they nailed the gothic athmosphere but they need to get much better writers
>>
File: Attack of the Penguins.webm (3 MB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Attack of the Penguins.webm
3 MB, 1024x576
>>62722221
Fucking epic.
>>
File: tbh.jpg (190 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
tbh.jpg
190 KB, 1920x1080
what a great little show
>>
>>62722187
The way it is shot makes it look so cheap. I don't know if it's lighting, filming equipment or what but it looks amateurish to me.
>>
File: f.jpg (55 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
f.jpg
55 KB, 600x800
Kiefer villain when?
>>
I thought the first season was ok, had some good moments but had a lot of shit in it.

Season 2 seems to have really found it's feet and it is just pure pantomine, especially all the scenes with Galavant. But somehow it works.
>>
>>62723947
Aside from the Firefly stuff season 2 has been fucking GOAT. The show really is like no other with it's campiness.
>>
>>62723802
wew lad
>>
Some of worst acting television has ever seen.

The writing is also especially terrible. Sometimes I feel like they gave some producer's nephew the job to write these bullshit episodes, because no professional writer can be this bad and still get work.
The show is also a clusterfuck from a design perspective. It can't decide if it wants to be a modern adaptation, gothic, classic-noir, campy... it's a mishmash of every possible interpretation they could think of.This indecisiveness is also a problem the writing shares, and a big part of the reason why the show is this unbelievably shit.

I also can't decide who the target audience for this show is. I mean it's really violent and dark so you'd imagine it would target young-adults/late teens, but I can't imagine anyone of that demographic actually enjoying this steaming pile of shit, when it clearly panders to the 12-14yo crowd. Even for hardcore batman fans this show has absolutely nothing to offer. They completely ruined some great characters with what they have done. The Penguin is now a narcissistic little bitch with mother issues, Riddler is a beta bitch with multiple personality disorder, Victor Zsasz has been simplified into some meme lackey...

It's actually amazing how bad this show is yet it's still going and will probably go on for a long time.
>>
>>62724355
You stopped watching it 10 episodes in didn't you
>>
>>62724600
No, but thanks for making a completely empty assumption.

I have watched every single episode thus far, and am actually going to watch the next one when it airs.

What baffles me about your post is your implication that I can only possibly hate this show, or rather think it's absolutely shit, because I haven't seen past 10 episodes, thus implying that the show actually gets better over time, and that its clear faults are rectified.

Newsflash, season 1 was fucking atrocious, and season 2 is just getting worse. You can enjoy this dogshit all you want but don't pretend that it's any good.
>>
>>62726105
sounds like it sucks to be you. i actually enjoy it because i don't over-criticize the show as an art form but as a source of entertainment. Why do you even watch it if you hate it so much?
>>
>>62723874
Bruce, I'm already a demon.
>>
Skip season 1, start on season 2. Fun as fuck
>>
>>62727887
So, american huh?
>>
I'm sort of torn. I like the setting and characters, but it's tough to do a compelling show about Batman villains running rampant when there's no batman to show up and eventually push their shit in. I keep wanting it to happen, then remembering that it won't.
>>
It's okay if viewed as a macabre parody of capeshit.

Won't forgive it for killing off the arson chick though. killing off qt's two episodes after introducing them is unforgivable
>>
>>62728135
She's alive
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-11-14-22h29m25s211.png (673 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-11-14-22h29m25s211.png
673 KB, 1280x720
I love it
>>
>>62722187
unwatchable if you try to take it seriously but otherwise its pretty good at what it is intended to be
>>
>>62728172
Is that how they looked when her husband walked in on them?
>>
>>62728135
Firefly is alive. Her suit melted into her skin, making her fireproof and she was taken to a secret Arkham facility that experiments on supervillains.
>>
>>62728229
I meant "killed off" in the sense that she wont be cute anymore, since the cuteness of the actress was the only reason to care about her character
>>
>>62728229
It melted into her skin? I missed that part
>>
>>62728265
Burn victims are moe.
>>
>>62722270
they are going to eventully replace him, look at his body type, he will never be muscular enough to play the BATMAN
>>
>>62728229

I figure this facility will be the Mr. Freeze
>>
>>62728351

origin*
>>
I love it, first season was more gangster politics and didn't feel very Batman. It was still good but didn't really feel much different than a cop drama half the time. Season 2 though has been fantastic, they've said fuck it to realism, everyone is larger than life. Good and pure evil and lesser evils. Genuinely gruesome and horrific sometimes. Don't think there's been a slow episode at all this season.
>>
>>62723829
I was hoping cat was going to headbutt St.Cloud in that scene and walk out
>>
>>62722350
He works as a good younger version of Adam West's Batman.
>>
>>62722187
Pretty shit honestly, not even one decent waifu
>>
>>62728786
What about Selina? That girl's so pretty...
>>
Worth watching just for Penguin.
>>
>>62722270
CIA junior
>>
>>62728786

ayyylmaoofu is best waifu
>>
>>62728786
>Cat
>Ivy
>Firefly
>Crazy Barbara
>Lee
>Tigress
>Ms. Kringle
>Silver

The show is full of waifus.
>>
Its a fun show. I like how its dark but campy.

I hope it gets renewed for a for more seasons.
>>
File: 1445635469285.jpg (58 KB, 960x774) Image search: [Google]
1445635469285.jpg
58 KB, 960x774
>>62728195
Fucking kek
>>
>>62728195
He walked in on a freshly showered Ben playing with his kid.
>>
When are the writers finally going to reveal whose got ham?
>>
>>62723874
THE PENGUINS ARE SHOOTING AT US!
>>
>>62724355
>>62724355
So...you enjoyed it then?
>>
The kid playing Joker fucking nailed it. That laugh.
>>
>>62728660
by headbutt you mean kiss right?
>>
Cops are completely and utterly useless in the show. They seem to have taken a page or two from "Nolan's Shootout tactics for police", e.g. run towards the enemy shooting wildly. Even streetkids have better aim.

Also, how many times now has Penguin grovelled in front of someone who's decided to kill him and got that person to change his mind? 10? 20? sometimes it's even several times per episode. It's probably the most unrealistical part of the whole show.
>>
>>62731542
piggy nose
>>
>play Russian roulette
>take three turns in a row
why did they kill off Joker?
>>
>>62723726
kek
>>
>>62731632
Because "muh multiple choice origin"

Also, because multiple Jokers is a lot more logical than one asshole who regularly commits mass murders in public.
>>
Only watched first season. From the top of my head:
>making a series about Gotham without Batman in it is and always will be the dumbest idea possible.
What makes the batman villains cool is the goddamn batman, and when you remove him you remove one of the key elements of why people like the city Gotham.
>Every scene with Fish Mooney is worthy of a "worst thing ever created award
I honestly couldn't believe what I was seeing from Jada Mr Plinkett smith when she's at the Dollmaker's island for two or three episodes. It's the campiest shit ever, and serves no purpose to the rest of the story whatsoever. It was horrible pointless filler.
>Catwoman/girls character is built up over an entire season, only to be ruined by a single line of dialogue
No, not "cat's got your tongue?" tht's just capeshit standard. It's when she's FOR NO REASON teamed up with Fish and says "How're you going to kill him?" with fucking lust in her eyes, expressing a desire to see Gordon brutally tortured and killed, a man we've been lead to believe she at least respects somewhat.
>Everything bruce does and says is so dumb and boring it exonerated George Clooney of all guilt
Why is bruce a mensa member at the age of twelve or whatever the fuck he is. Why is this little shit familiar with the characteristics of ancient roman emperors? Why are the writers anally raping the entire Wayne family like it was a cheap asian hooker on a tuesday night?
>The buddy-cop parts are the best parts of the show, but then they cut to something else and the show falls apart again
This one's fairly obvious. When we see Jim and Sean Finnerty being cops together, fighting the corruption and the mobs, the show is fun. But then we have to watch ten minutes of bruce and fish and everything sucks again and I just want to end it all right now jesus christ
>Barbara Gordon is now a psychotic, bisexual druggie who murders her own parents because HAH! bet you didn't see that one coming!
>>
Bruce isn't broken enough
>>
This series seems kind of aimed at teenagers. Will I enjoy it as a 26 year old?
>>
I really like it. It's just fun and it's clear that everyone is having a fun time overacting and being silly. It's like a dark edgy version of the 1960's Batman. It's camp and over the top and its own unique way.
>>
I think it was already said, but yeah, its a clusterfuck. Liked the first season, but I couldn't get through any of the second season. All the shit in Arkham rubbed me the wrong way.
>>
>>62729941
Which would be worse, this or catching your wife and Ben fucking?
Because I think that at least catching them your imagination doesn't have to do the work, you just know what fucking happened.
Finding the guy playing with your kid, putting it together in your head, working out how long they've had, how long they've known each other and how much time was needed to shower and then just having all that kick in in the two-three seconds it would take to put it all together. That would be worse.

I hope they get her ex-husband to come on the show and play Ra's Al Ghul.
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.