[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Your dream movie ideas Predator 3 is set in the distant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5
File: predator apocalypto.png (590 KB, 738x346) Image search: [Google]
predator apocalypto.png
590 KB, 738x346
ITT: Your dream movie ideas

Predator 3 is set in the distant past, where instead of having big guns to fight with, the protag has to use sharp sticks and his own ingenuity.

Basically, Apocalypto vs Predator.
>>
>>62706149
That sounds great.
Too bad they'd all die from measles first.
>>
>>62706149
Predators seem to be about fair fights or close to fair fights. But fighting on some level of equal weaponry. But a predator coming across a primitive people and disregarding most of it's tech and just fighting with maybe that retractable spear and melee weapons seems pretty awesome too.
>>
>>62706276
Not really fair fighters, they ambush and hide like cowards. Sure they might not go after unarmed people, but remember in the original how the jungle predator would shoot people in the back while in camo off in the distance? Not really fair. And when he was beat by dutch, he didn't die in honor, but instead tried to kill dutch with the self destruct bomb.
>>
i want a viking/medieval epic in the same vein as apocalyptico made by mel gibson
>>
>>62706149
>the protag has to use sharp sticks and his own ingenuity.
So, basically Predator 1.
>>
>>62706149
This sounds more solid than the shit hollywood "writers" come up with.

I put that in quotations because one doesn't need talent to write, just the right blood/connections
>>
An animated series of the shenanigans of the Grossdeutchland Division on the Easter Front.

Animation would be like The newer Johnny Quest or that Animated series about the half alien and the alien invasion by steven spielberg that nobody remembers now.
>>
PREDATOR vs CONQUISTADORS
>>
>>62706348
Over all you're right, but he didn't attack the girl that was unarmed. and in the second movie didn't attack kid with the toy gun or kill the pregnant woman and when the Rasta drug lord pulled out a sword cane it fought him hand to hand. And in Predators the Yakuza/Samurai had that honorable duel in the field.

There's some kind of hunting protocol for them as a species and I think the bomb thing is mainly to cover their tracks and prevent any other race from acquiring their technology. More of a clean up than revenge. But once again Absolutely, you pick up a gun and all bets are off. But they don't wear armor of any kind really so they're pretty vulnerable, for a super strong cloaked alien with advanced weaponry. Still there are lines they don't cross.
>>
>>62706348
>they ambush and hide like cowards
well they are hunters, not warriors. i dont know why people think predators would make such great warriors. my brother is 300 lbs and wheezes as he walks, but he never fails to have some sort of deer or elk that hes killed and posting of fb
>>
>John Cena clones himself ten times
>he also brings his old buddy Brock Lesnar and clones him five times
>they go to Africa
>they get trapped by 20 Silverback Gorillas
>they must fight to the death

So who wins?
>>
If I were to see another Predator movie, I'd love to see one set in the future.

Now that Alien and Predator are in the same film franchise, and we know humans are around much later on in the Alien films, why not have a futuristic Predator one?

I guess you would need someone decent for it to not just be another Jason X
>>
>>62706543
>that Animated series about the half alien and the alien invasion by steven spielberg that nobody remembers now.

what is the name of this? I need to know. This cartoon has crossed my mind from time to time. What was the name?
>>
>>62706149
>Apocalypto
>ancient past
It was 500 years ago
>>
>>62708804

For a teen who hasn't read any history (and considers anyone over 25 to be "old") that's almost an eternity.
>>
>>62708776
nobody knows.
>>
>>62708804
Who used the word "ancient", you illiterate fuck? OP clearly said "distant past".
>>
>>62706471
Literally the third act of the movie. OP must've dropped out when Billy died.
>>
>>62708903
500 years still isn't distant past.
>>
File: bait.png (260 KB, 421x345) Image search: [Google]
bait.png
260 KB, 421x345
>>62709132
>>
>>62709132
Yeah, bro. 500 years ago. I remember it like yesterday.

"Distant" is not a unit of measurement, it's an adjective that is as subjective as you'd like it to be.
>>
>>62709132
Go fuck your tranny boyfriend, Keanu.
>>
>>62706149
AVP 3: Starring Ahnold, Glover, and Weaver

I don't even care, I just want it.
>>
File: 1438444933574.gif (3 MB, 520x292) Image search: [Google]
1438444933574.gif
3 MB, 520x292
Jaws prequel about Quint's survival on the Indianapolis.
>>
>>62709132

Kind of right I think? We had guns, a bit of communication, I think 700 years ago would be better
>>
>>62710494
Given a good treatment this could totally happen. Get Tom Hardy to play Quint and it'd be great. Keep the CGI to a minimum though.
>>
>>62710494
>>62710534
I've seen a mock-up poster for this, can't find it anythwere though. Might've been on one of the Cracked photoplasties.
>>
>>62710494
>>62710534
>a movie about the single biggest loss of life in the US Navy's history
>centre it around a character from a movie

The navy boys would have a fit.
>>
File: 1429297492685.jpg (63 KB, 749x960) Image search: [Google]
1429297492685.jpg
63 KB, 749x960
>>62706887
>300lb
I'm pretty sure thats all fat and not muscles. Can't even make an argument since fatty vs fit guy; the fit guy will win always.
>>
>>62708697
The whole idea is that Predators go to these "backwater" planets with species less advanced than their own to hunt. If they were to go to a planet with a race just as technically advanced as their own, they'd just end up starting a war.
>>
>>62710676
But by then, wouldn't their own technology have increased massively? If their evolution is anything like ours, their technology would be evolving exponentially, getting faster and faster.

The further ahead you set it in the future, the larger the gap between their tech and ours.

And even if that's incorrect, if they don't upgrade as quickly as we do, wouldn't that be better for them? They want the hardest prey.
>>
An alien sequel without Ripley. Don't get me wrong i like Ripley, i just feel like they could tell so much more with the alien if they didn't feel forced to include Ripley in every film.
>>
>>62710669
That's the point he's making is that just because someone is a good hunter that doesn't translate to good fighting ability.
>>
>>62710821
Miss read it, but anyone know the weight of predator? He looks swole as fuck, highly doubt hes weak
>>
>>62710494
First off that idea is awful. That scene is brilliant because he's painting a picture that's left to you to imagine. Second, if that was gonna be a plot why the fuck would Quint have to be part of it. Just make a movie about the Indianapolis. It would be completely irrelevant to use that character
>>
>>62710723
Who the fuck says evolution is exponential? Evolution plateaus
>>
>>62711900
Evolution of technology, not biology. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Look at the advances of the last century, then the last ten years.
>>
>>62712288
I know and I meant evolution in any sense of the word. Think about our technological evolution before electricity. It was practically a flat line. We're kinda plateauing right now relatively compared to the past few decades. It's not a guarantee it'll be exponential
>>
>>62712603
>a flat line before electricity
>it leapt up crazily after that
thats literally what exponential means
>>
taylor swift, karlie kloss true detective season 3
>>
>>62706149
Romans vs. Dinosaurs
>camera pans over glacier
>smug English narrator talks about how man was so secure in his place at the top of the food chain
>glacier cracks, dinosaurs come out
>glacier drifts down to Gaul during the Roman conquest
>Julies Caesar and his legions have to fight dinosaurs
>>
>>62712759
except exponential growth implies there won't be diminishing returns

just cause it jumps up quickly doesn't mean its going to consistently jump up quickly.
>>
File: j0EAi4Y.gif (4 MB, 406x339) Image search: [Google]
j0EAi4Y.gif
4 MB, 406x339
>>62706149

>It's a "humans lose at the end" episode
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.