[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there ANY lore in ANY franchise more screwed up than Anakin's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 591331_1291465895466_full.jpg (157 KB, 800x339) Image search: [Google]
591331_1291465895466_full.jpg
157 KB, 800x339
Is there ANY lore in ANY franchise more screwed up than Anakin's fall to the dark side?

I mean Jesus Christo... We're meant to believe his fall from grace was tragic and that he may be sort of an anti-hero fighting on the wrong side, but the we get TWO SCENES in RotS to explain it:

>kills Windu to save palpatine
>expresses severe remorse ("WHAT HAVE I DONE...:)
>2 seconds later swears allegiance to Palpatine

>Mustafar
>goes into rage mode because MUH JEDI ARE EVIL because the senator said so
> no explanation to Obi-Wan whatsoever despite Jedi being a primarily diplomatic position
>just attacks with no provocation

I mean shit, the half-assed explanation is that he was trying to save Padme, but even that seemed like bullcrap. For all their scenes together, it didn't even seem like they loved each other. Honestly, throughout the entire trilogy, they seemed like a couple who had fallen out of love but continued to drag the relationship on because neither of them had the guts to end it.
>>
Killing children is the actual point of retardation. If they left out the children killing, everything would make sense. The fact that he killed children and got to see his own grow up to be the most beloved people in the galaxy and then die a hero while connecting to his son is a monumental injustice.
>>
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 424x625) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 424x625
We don't even know what Anakin thought about the Separatist movement or the Republic, other than "people should be made to act, not to think!"

>Qui-Gonn: Feel, don't think!

>Obi-Wan: Think, don't feel!

>Anakin: Act! Don't think or feel!
>>
>>62703024
I think that image was the only time in the prequels that Anakin looked cool
>>
Indeed, worst moment of the prequel trilogy.

>Join me Anakin, and you can save Padme
>No
>Anakin, please
>Ok
>Great, thanks for joining me, perhaps soon we can figure out how to actually save Padme

And that's it. Anakin was literally tricked into joining the darkside, Sheev admitted to his face he was bullshitting, and Anakin was still ok with it. Rather than getting pissed at Palatine for confessing he just fucking tricked him, he goes off to kill some kids.

Yea, that will help you figure out how to save Padme, you dumb fuck.
>>
>>62704298
>Obi-Wan: THIS WEAPON IS YOUR LIFE!
>>
>>62704298
Come to think of it, were Anakin's stances on the Separatist movement or any political occurrences at the time expanded on in The Clone Wars?
>>
>>62705045
Generic edgy teenager shit. Very much uninteresting.
>>
>>62704388
>Anakin was literally tricked into joining the darkside

He was "seduced", according to Obi-Wan from Ep IV.

Did Lucas even watch the OT before directing the prequels? Had he watched them at all?
>>
What an awful thread.
>>
>>62705146
Well it's a prequels thread, what do you expect?
>>
>>62703147

He fucking does it twice, in two different movies and yet he's still some great hero and a good friend
>>
>>62704298
What the fuck even was the separatist movement?
Why were they separating? Why weren't they allowed to leave the republic?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.