[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Without the edginess, does /tv/ think this movie was decent?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: Trainspotting.gif (80 KB, 540x219) Image search: [Google]
Trainspotting.gif
80 KB, 540x219
Without the edginess, does /tv/ think this movie was decent? I believe the cinematography was amazing.
>>
>>62699535
>the edginess
What?
>>
shit ending but a nice soundtrack
>>
dat gurl be hot as fug niggu
>>
>>62699535
Honestly, I think it's overrated and not that great. It's just like kind of good.
Although I just don't fucking like Danny Boyle. I'd like to someone to rec a movie of his that would change my mind, to be completely honest family.
>>
>>62699535
it's good but it's like Fight Club in that most people have seen it 3+ times and don't want to think or talk about it ever again.
>>
great movie, especially if you can relate to the drug use .
>>
I liked it, but I dislike that the opening speech has been co-opted by faggot druggie burnouts looking to justify their lifestyle, while they completely ignore that the film is about how that speech is retarded.
>>
It was flawlesstbh.
>>
>>62700075
yeah, well, I where I'm from not many know the film so it may be different. I've always loved how it was shot. The drug story are secondary to the words being said, that's how I feel.
>>
>Edginess
>Pejorative

Can this decade be done with yet?
>>
I wasn't feeling it. Its been a few years since I've seen it, but I thought it inadvertently romanticizes the drug lifestyle even if its trying to make it look bad. Its too stylish and fun to really make a point about drugs, but at the same time too repulsive to really find any sympathy for the characters
>>
>>62700075
/r/ the speech but said by obi wan in sw universe

I invented it but some anon perfected it.
>>
>>62700331
Edginess predefined by 4chan. I've just talked about it before and all that can be said is "edgy", even if trolling. I honestly don't think it is at all. It's an adaptation, that speaks the truth.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQD-dXfHrvk

Love this scene.
>>
>>62700352
You make some very good points. I personally feel like it was a dark comedy of the dark world of serious drug addiction. They may have 'chosen' that route but what had led them to that situation.
>>
i love how this movie makes drug use seem so appealing and repulsive at the same time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgGks4m5HVg
>>
>>62699862
Shallow Grave is pretty good. It honestly all depends on what you don't like about him.
>>
>>62700767
That scene was so brilliant for its time. Amazing stuff.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.