[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>there are people who consider season 8 and 9 "classic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6
File: o-THE-SIMPSONS-facebook[1].jpg (1 MB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
o-THE-SIMPSONS-facebook[1].jpg
1 MB, 2000x1000
>there are people who consider season 8 and 9 "classic Simpsons"

holy FUCK lol
>>
If you don't think 8 is, you're a pleb. 9 obviously isn't, though
>>
10 was good too

The biggest gulf in quality is between 10 and 11, apparently a bunch of people left then
>>
>>62695563
sorry i meant between 11 and 12

season 11 had some bretty good episodes, all downhill after
>>
File: V21FWFN.jpg (117 KB, 1832x1410) Image search: [Google]
V21FWFN.jpg
117 KB, 1832x1410
>>62695512

>it was just vapor lock, vapor lock, vapor lock.

Your opinion has been discarded.

>>62695557
Plenty of great episodes.
>>
>>62695661
Larry please go
>>
8 was nearly flawless, 9 was pretty good starting to get stale, 10 was ok with some good episodes, 11 and 12 got progressively worse but still are funnier than what came after it
>>
The Simpsons were only good for 3 months in 1993
>>
>>62695661
GOAT cameo
>>
season 8 is the best season. and 9 is honeslty better that 5 through 7.

8 > 4 > 2 > 3 > 1 > 9 > 7 > 6 > 5
>>
>>62695661

I knew next to nothing about American football and this episode made me think Namath had been one of the sport's greatest players.
>>
>>62695512
The transitional episode from family/situational based comedy to overly cartoony comedy was factually Who Shot Mr Burns part 2

In the very next episode you've got the Radioactive Man episode, which was such a ridiculous shift in tone.
>>
>>62698761
>caring about a shift in tone of a comedy show.

You pompous ass. Why are you judging it like it's a fucking drama? It's a comedy show, tone doesn't matter as long as it's funny.
>>
>>62695512
There has not been a single good episode in the Simpons in their entire existence. Not even a funny scene.
>>
>>62700101
here's your reply.
>>
>There are people who think the Simpsons were ever funny

Literally go back to Reddit

I see no one outside of Reddit, /tv/ or Reddit-tier sites like the AV Club ever talk about The Simpsons.

>MUHH FIRST 8 SEASONS

Fuck off. Seriously.
>>
>>62701605
epic bait or underage b&

gonna go with underage b& considering the afflux of /v/ lately
>>
I never watched the simpsons. What seasons should I watch?
>>
>>62701626

Nope. 26. Grew up watching golden age in syndication

I've never heard anyone actually retort this actually, it's just "omg b8 fuck off simpsons is LE AMAZING!"

It's fucking Reddit the show. I hate all the mid 20-30 year old neckbeards on here who think this show was anything more than slightly amusing at times
>>
>>62701635
3-9. 1 and 2 are good, but the show doesn't find it's feet until 3.
>>
>>62701605
ebin contrarian m8
>>
File: hopper.jpg (6 KB, 192x262) Image search: [Google]
hopper.jpg
6 KB, 192x262
>>62701677
>26
>use reddit as a criticism
>gettsthis mad
>>
>implying the first 3-4 seasons of The Simpsons are even "comedy"

It was literally animated drama
>>
>>62701677
heres your actual retort. It's a good show.

saying something is "reddit" is obvious bait.
>>
>>62701677
What's there to argue? You either find it funny or you don't.

I find a person's appreciation (or lack thereof) for golden age Simpsons tells me a lot about how educated and well read they are because the references are layers deep.
>>
what was the exact point when you stopped seeing them?

Me? the episode where Bart gets a horse, considering there are like 20 seasons already maybe there's several episodes like this, but I'm referring to the one where the horse is white and I think the jockeys are evil demons or some retarded shit like that.

After the episode ended I was so mad at how shit it was, never missed an episode up until next week after that.
>>
File: 100_0253-1.jpg (27 KB, 474x356) Image search: [Google]
100_0253-1.jpg
27 KB, 474x356
>>62701852
>I find a person's appreciation (or lack thereof) for golden age Simpsons tells me a lot about how educated and well read they are because the references are layers deep.
>>
>>62698761
That's quite wrong. It went wacky when Mirkin took over.
>>
>>62701890
Nice picture of you tbqh
>>
The cracks start to show in 8. Homer is more of a boorish ass, lots of weird conceptual episodes, gags get sillier, episodes end on weak jokes which the show never seemed to do before. Its still great overall, but not close to 7

9 gets a bad rep, its overall more consistent than 8 and has plenty of great episodes, just no GOAT episodes like before
>>
>there are people who don't consider Homer and Apu the death of Classic Simpsons and the start of Neo Simpsons
>>
>>62701890

>consuming any piece of media with more than a cursory glance is a bad thing

What happened to making fun of people for being dumb?
>>
>>62701687
Thank you, Anon.
>>
>>62695512
>there are people who din't think OP is a grotesquely obese faggot lol
>>
>Lisa discovers that she is failing gym class. In order to pass, she joins a local ice hockey team as their goalie. This creates an intense sibling rivalry between her and Bart, who is jealous of Lisa's abilities because he had always been the family's star hockey player. Marge tries to resolve their conflicts by reminding them that they are not in competition with each other, but this backfires as the next fixture is between Bart and Lisa's teams. During the match, Bart prepares to take a penalty against Lisa, but remembering past events in which they helped each other, the pair throw aside their equipment and embrace, tying the game

SJW: The Show
>>
File: The_Cartridge_Family_s9.png (1 MB, 1372x767) Image search: [Google]
The_Cartridge_Family_s9.png
1 MB, 1372x767
>>62695512
>holy FUCK lol

ROFLMAOcopter xD

But seriously, they are usually included because, while the quality had begun to wain, they still contain some of the all time classic episodes.
>>
>>62701874
Saddlesore Galactica, where they adopt that horse Duncan.

For me it was Lisa the treehugger. They took her self righteousness so far that my hate for her outweighed any comedy scraps left to be found.
>>
>>62700033
Different tone, different kind of comedy. It's were it went overly cartoony.
>>
>>62702291
That episode was masterful the way it handled a controversial issue like guns, made you laugh at both sides and left the message wholly ambiguous.
>>
I remember once I was trying to describe to my dad how The Simpsons is better than Family Guy and how the Simpsons had better storylines

He then casually laughed at me and said "Storylines? It's a cartoon"

Kind of hit me deep
>>
>there are people who think "classic Simpsons" is even a thing
Americans...
>>
What was the episode where it first hit you that the Simpsons had entered zombie status?

Insane Clown Poppy for me.
>>
>>62702609
You mean the first really bad episode or the point where it stopped being good completely?

First episode I hated was the one where Homer becomes a hippie. So cliched and unsubtle, the J mystery that starts the episode is solved in 2 minutes with no fanfare, and it's the first episode where the joke is just the premise. Homer is a hippie. The end
>>
>>62702515
The show is a fucking cartoon and you complain it's too cartoony.You think you're impressing people by showing them you know what the word tone is, but you're actually a moron.
>>
>>62702677
triggered hard, i bet you've been sperging on 4chan all day
>>
>there are people who didn't drop this show within the first ten seasons
plebes
>>
File: 500.jpg (21 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
500.jpg
21 KB, 500x375
Simpsons were fantastic from season 2 to 9, pretty good in season 1, 10-12, meh in season 13 and shit in all others
>>
I consider seasons 1-6 to be the best Era of the Simpsons.
>>
>>62702779
>someone knows I'm an idiot, better call them autistic

I'll bet you've been here longer than me. We're both here forever though so it doesn't matter.
>>
>>62703077
Seasons 1 & 2 always get overlooked. Not as many classic gags but there's a heartfelt quality that I've grown to appreciate. Season 3 is decidedly more cynical in tone.
>>
>>62703264
I completely agree. Seasons 1 and 2 had so much heart in them, and that's what makes a cartoon good IMO. After season 6, the heart of the show was disappearing, in my view.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.