[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
prequel? really?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: beasts-ew-1389-cover.jpg (40 KB, 360x480) Image search: [Google]
beasts-ew-1389-cover.jpg
40 KB, 360x480
prequel? really?
>>
Book or movie? I could be hyped for a movie as maybe it would be a normal year at hogwarts, which is something I would really enjoy.
>>
This looks like tumblr's wet dream.
>>
Got squeeze some more shekels.
>>
>>62691928

it's not a prequel. EW is written by literally retarded people and they're just trying to sell magazines to other retarded people.
>>
>>62692076
I think it takes place in 1920s America or some shit
>>
>it's not a prequel.
Uh, I think it is though. It's based on Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, a companion book to the main books which is like a bestiary for all the monsters in the Harry Potter universe and exists in the universe as an actual book as well, and the movie is about the guy traveling around and identifying them (I suppose).

I've never read a Harry Potter book or given a shit about the continuity of the films (I do enjoy them as standalone adventure movies though), but I have read this book because in-universe shit fascinates me. There are some real fucking neato monsters that don't appear in the books or movies.
>>
>>62692150
>which is like a bestiary for all the monsters in the Harry Potter universe
How did they get away with animal fucking in a kids book ?!
>>
>>62691928
NOMAJ
O
M
A
J
>>
Is this Harry Potter and The Cursed Child?
>>
>>62692173
>Reddit humor
>>
>>62692196
No, that's the actual Harry Potter sequel.
This is WB turning the Harry Potter Visual Dictionary into a shitty American movie.
>>
>>62692233
No original cast? No Rickman?
>>
>>62692150

yes, i guess technically it could be considered a prequel the same way that the jar jar binks adventures could be considered a prequel to star wars if it was ever made but it has nothing to do with the story in harry potter and has none of the characters from the harry potter movies so i kind of disagree with them billing it as a prequel just to sell more tickets.
>>
>>62692150
>not reading the books

P L E B
>>
File: 1447038971912.jpg (23 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1447038971912.jpg
23 KB, 480x360
>prequel
more like a spin off
>>
>>62692515

It's both
>>
>dan fogler

Fucking why

Just why

What could he possibly bring to the table

>we need a fat unfunny american sidekick as comedic relief

WHY
>>
>>62692466
>it has nothing to do with the story in harry potter
There's obviously going to be more than a few nods to the events of the main films, considering this is an original story pushed into creation by their success. They'll probably show how those dragons got caught for the wizard games, etc. Shit like that.
>>
File: 1363792079020.jpg (31 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
1363792079020.jpg
31 KB, 300x400
>>62691928
>>
>>62692509
>reading the books

N E R D
>>
>>62692547
It takes place in New York so I doubt we will get many nods. I figure they are having it take place in the US so they can avoid everything from Harry Potter.
>>
So, the main character is an American? Not a Brit?
>>
>>62692623
It can't possibly take place only in NY, the monsters in Harry Potter are found all over the planet.
>>
>>62692649
He's the only British thing in the movie, everything but the protagonist is American
>>
>>62692539

His best role was in Hannibal
>>
it's gonna be great
>>
I hope there's a redneck in this movie
>>
>>62692666
Its a trilogy and all the characters revealed along with the images we have seen center around new york. It is also taking place in 1920 with his book being published in 1927 so we can assume all three movies will take place over those seven years.
>>
>>62691928
>>62691928
>>62691928

prequel? how is that shit a prequel if it has nothing to do with what happened in harry potter except for harry using a book of the guy in class?

jesus christ, these magazines can't write for SHIT
>>
>>62694595

>A prequel is a literary, dramatic, or filmic work whose story precedes that of a previous work, by focusing on events that occur before the original narrative. A prequel is a work that forms part of a back-story to the preceding work.

Stop being an autist.
>>
>>62692666
If you read the synopsis, it says that the beasts, already captured, escape from Newt's magically expanded briefcase and the movie centers around Newt hunting the beasts down and it creates tension between the wizard community and the "no-maj's", ie. muggles.
>>
>>62692530

it is not related to the story of the first 8 movies so it's a spin-off
>>
Disgustingly egregious cash grab

They couldn't even wait a decade after the main series
>>
>>62692096
Anyone buying a magazine is a retard. First week as a journalist this is what they teach you. Print is dead and we're selling to those too stupid to realize it.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.