[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Anybody tells you money is the root of all evil, doesn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: boiler-room-510ecce33a902.jpg (680 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
boiler-room-510ecce33a902.jpg
680 KB, 1920x1080
>Anybody tells you money is the root of all evil, doesn't fucking have any.

What does TV think of boiler room?
>>
But money is the root of all evil.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfIKzReNDF4
>>
Movie for assholes
>>
>>62683805
This. Can we just go back to trading goods?
>>
Well naturally. That's like saying that anyone that says that killing innocent people is evil has never killed innocent people.
>>
it made me glad brokers and investment bankers dont exist anymore
>>
>>62683807
literally a shitty knockoff of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H68eCEWKb7M
(1 minute in)
>>
>>62684547
You're not serious are you?
>>
Wolf of Wall Street plagiarized this film and completely got away with it
>>
>>62684936

Boiler Room was based on interviews the writers had with dozens of former employees of Stratton Oakmont, Belfort's real life pump-and-dump scheme.

Greed is a pretty consistent theme in movies and it's easily exploited with the stereotypical, amoral investment banker.

There are real opportunities in investments; chances to buy in on growing businesses and provide much needed capital to potent new ideas. Then, of course, there are also opportunities for feckless avarice.

It's already been said; movie for assholes.
>>
>>62685052
This movie did it better, without all the DUDE DRUGS shit
>>
>>62683793

>me on the right
>>
I like movies about stock-trading n shieet. So, I liked Boiler Room.
>>
File: vin diesel.jpg (51 KB, 634x551) Image search: [Google]
vin diesel.jpg
51 KB, 634x551
>>62685122

you could use some Coronaâ„¢
>>
>>62683793
I just want the guy on the left to be cast as Shia's brother in an sol film.
>>
>>62683807
Ben Affleck made Alec Baldwin look like a talented thespian. How shitty can you be?
>>
File: 1431698324599.gif (9 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1431698324599.gif
9 KB, 645x773
>>62684908

>tfw no Mitch and Murray spinoff sequel
>>
>being a stock broker
>only goal in life is to make money
Whenever I see these young retards wearing ill-fitting suits following some big shot who's probably telling them "how the world runs" I laugh. I see them drinking disgusting beer at 7 pm, treating waiters like shit and behaving as if their lives amount to something, anything. 99% of them are in their early 20's and have receding hairlines. Once they start pushing 30 their hair will be gone, and their dicks will stop working
>>
File: taco.png (266 KB, 722x445) Image search: [Google]
taco.png
266 KB, 722x445
>>62685155
T
A
C
O
S
>>
>>62685416
Do they make money?
>>
>>62685615
No, not here at least. Maybe 1 in 100 will "make it", the rest ends up as mid-tier employees in shitty corporations. Just another slavewage. The thing is they don't have a lot of brain to begin with
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.