[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on this /tv/ show
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9
Thoughts on this /tv/ show
>>
Really disappointed seeing the internet reaction to it. Critically it's doing well but the youtube trailer reeks of 4chan and the racism and antisemitism in the comments is actually surprising. The show is the victim of an extremely vocal minority.

It's looks pretty great though. I love alternate history stuff.
>>
>>62680270
>>but the youtube trailer reeks of 4chan and the racism and antisemitism

This is a bad thing how?
>>
>>62680270
>muh /pol/ boogeyman
fuck off
>>
Visually fantastic.

Writing seems pretty solid.

Acting is just god-fucking-awful and is really ruining the show for me. I like parts of it, I want to like all of it, but almost any time someone opens their dumbass mouth I want to turn my television off.

5/10
>>
>>62680270
>judging shows based on youtube comments

Just fucking watch the show, who the fuck cares about youtube?
>>
>>62680306
>>62680332

4chan is a containment unit for that shit. There appear to be people in the comments of the trailer that actually think Nazis would've made the world a better place by ruling over America.

It's not a boogeyman issue. The dislikes on this otherwise critically acclaimed series is almost 50%.
>>
File: 1447147680364.jpg (28 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
1447147680364.jpg
28 KB, 500x374
The novel is better.
>>
>>62680374
they definitely would have led to a better europe
>>
>>62680374

The funny part is in the book the Nazis really have done an excellent job of advancing the human race. They're pretty much ignoring it in the show.

In the books, during the time all the stuff in the show is happening the Reich has already started colonizing Mars and Venus.
>>
>>62680457
The book annoyed me with the Jap apologism, but then I read Dick didn't make a sequel because researching Nazi Germany "was too emotionally draining" or some gay shit. Really hurt my opinion of him and his work when taking that in concert with the whitewashing of the Japanese and their behavior.
>>
>>62680457
>>62680409
Yes absolutely. And it probably would've worked out that way. But would you really want to live in that world? Were everyone was ok that they eradicated an entire group of people for no reason?

There's no reason we couldn't be on Mars now except for the fact that human experimentation is evil.
>>
>>62680516
Whites are going to be gone from the world by the end of this century and I've never seen an "antiracist" suggest ways this extinction could be stopped - but many such as Tim Wise, Ta'nehisi Coates and Ruy Texiera publicly celebrate it.
>>
>>62680516

You didn't read the book, did you?

I won't spoil the end for you.

>>62680510

Sounds more like a bullshit excuse to not do the work. Dick was a drug addict with serious mental issues. When he was on, he was REALLY on. But most of the time he was depressed, paranoid and high.
>>
File: niggers.jpg (532 KB, 616x5370) Image search: [Google]
niggers.jpg
532 KB, 616x5370
>>62680516
>But would you really want to live in that world? Were everyone was ok that they eradicated an entire group of people for no reason?

Yes, anon, I am fine with Rome's bodycount and destruction of dozens of cultures being part of what laid the foundation of the most advanced civilization on earth until the 1800s and for western civilization in general, and I'd sure be fine with no jews and nigs if it meant space travel, prosperity, and security
>>
>>62680370
This pretty much. I'm glad that guy gets tortured to death in the beginning. He was the worst
>>
When does the entire thing come out?
>>
There is literally no scenario, hypothetical or otherwise, that would have seen the US occupied in WWII.

Germany's endgame was Europe. They even had fucking de-colonization plans for Africa, India, etc.

I also believe in the Holocaust but I think it was a direct consequence of Germany's worsening position in the war - if America were getting their shit fucked up badly enough, do you really think we would have kept treating the interned Japanese with kid gloves? Would food be taken from the mouths of soldiers and civilians to feed those prisoners?
>>
>>62680684
In a week
>>
File: 1403215221547.jpg (26 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1403215221547.jpg
26 KB, 500x375
This is actually from the show

>I pledge allegiance to the flag of the Axis Powers of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under rule, divided, with liberty and justice for none.
>>
>itt a bunch of discussion about "muh germanic roots" that no one realizes is completely irrelevant because they haven't actually read the novel
>i hope amazon actually makes it to the end of this story and keeps the original ending because all of this hypothetical speak here would get btfo so hard
>they'll probably turn it into solid shit but who cares i sure as fuck don't
>pack an extra pair of underwear on finale day /pol/
>>
>>62680869
SOMEONE RUIN THE ENDING FOR ME FFS I CANT WAIT FOR THE SHOW AND I CANT READ THANKS TO THE UNITED STATES EDUCATION SYSTEM
>>
>>62680270
FUCK YOU. THE SHOW SUCKS. THIS POST IS A REVERSE BAIT TO TRY AND INFLUENCE IDIOTS WHO CARE ABOUT FREE SPEECH TO WATCH THE SHOW. THE SHOW IS HORRIBLE.
>>
File: the-man-in-the-high-castle.jpg (81 KB, 435x673) Image search: [Google]
the-man-in-the-high-castle.jpg
81 KB, 435x673
>>62680867
to be fair it was from the book first
>>
>>62680898

90% chance amazon guts the ending so that anon's post is irrelevant anyway.

Novel ending is cool as balls and hits like a ton of bricks though.
>>
>>62680128
I would watch it, if it wasn't restricted to just Amazon Prime.

I'd rather deal with >le netflixnchill memes instead of having a total shit streaming provider.

Anyone have links?
>>
>>62680867
To be double fair, At the time, American pledges looked and sounded a lot like Nazi pledges.
>>
File: 18551t1z12i08jpg[1].jpg (50 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
18551t1z12i08jpg[1].jpg
50 KB, 800x450
>>62680516
>But would you really want to live in that world? Were everyone was ok that they eradicated an entire group of people for no reason?
Please tell me you live in America so I can have a good laugh.
>>
>>62680128
Shittest Alternate History scenario ever.
>Japan and Nazi Germs dividing the US? Really?
>>
>>62681250

Shittiest real history scenario ever.
>The United States and Communist Russkis divide Germany? Really?
>>
>>62681250
>>62681309
You just got rekt m8
>>
>>62681250
>>62681309
Plain reckage
>>
>>62680270
>Really disappointed seeing the internet reaction to it.

You're just seeing a small segment of (retards on) the Internet, the pilot episode was hugely popular.
>>
>>62681250
>Nazi officers were brought to the states and packed on trains headed west so they can see how expansive America was and how little an effect the war had on the citizens' day to day lives.
>implying it would be a more sound decision to have either nations of Japan or German's size occupying the entire US successfuly
>>
File: Man-In-the-High-Castle-s01e01.jpg (38 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
Man-In-the-High-Castle-s01e01.jpg
38 KB, 720x404
>>62680713
>There is literally no scenario, hypothetical or otherwise, that would have seen the US occupied in WWII.

You can come up with any kinda alternate history, depending on how strict or loose you are with your points of departure from the original timeline and we're only given a short, vague explanation of how things went down prior to period in the story.

But then Philip K. Dick wasn't writing an ivory tower doctoral thesis, he wanted victorious Axis empires to set his story in but the story is what was important to him, not how the Nazis and Japanese got those global empires.
>>
Literally, physically, and ironically, /pol/: The Show
>>
>>62681951

>hasn't read the book

You make yourself so terribly easy to identify.
>>
>>62682205
>reading

Enjoy blindness by the age of 60 kek
>>
>>62682529

Then I'll spoil it for you.

It was a liberal-leaning book.

Written by a liberal-leaning artist.

About how post-WWII culture in the US was tantamount to the style of fascism practiced by the Reich.

In the setting, the US didn't lose the war and get invaded by Germany.

In the setting, the US military-industrial complex assassinated FDR and conspired with the Nazis to bring the kind of control they exercise over their own citizens to the US under the guise of patriotism.

You see a swastiska in Times Square and say it's /pol/ the show when it's actually the complete opposite.

You're the reason why /pol/ has a leg to stand on when they make fun of ignorant libkeks.

Throw yourself off a bridge. That would actually be the best way to support the ideology you favor.

Get fucked.
>>
>>62682709
Yum, liberal years are delicious.
>>
>>62680128
>this is not the opening intro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVlca8FOkHQ
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.