[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we feel about this? >Four men set out in the Wild
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8
File: Bone Tomahawk.jpg (798 KB, 1200x1774) Image search: [Google]
Bone Tomahawk.jpg
798 KB, 1200x1774
How do we feel about this?

>Four men set out in the Wild West to rescue a group of captives from cannibalistic cave dwellers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZbwtHi-KSE

89% on RT. Two of the negative reviews are kucks signalling that the movie is racist.

I just finished watching. Thought it was pretty solid tbqh famm. Nothing memorable really, just a decent movie that straddles the line between film and flick. Bonus points for depicting the Injuns as the subhuman savages they actually were.

It's VOD so decent torrents are already out
>>
My favorite film of the year t b h f a m
It was nice to see a good new western with a dark side.
>>
>>62669828
just finished watching it. i felt queasy watching how the troglodytes prepared lunch.

and those bone tomahawks sure mean business..
>>
>taking a literal cripple to a 3 day long chase on brutal savages
>>
I liked it a lot.

Dumb libkuks who believe in le peaceful natives meme can fuck off.
>>
>>62671565
They did a good job getting around that by making them the savages that even other indians look down on
>>
What the fuck. It's already out? I thought this was going to get a major release?
>>
>>62669828
cant believe it isnt being talked about more.

Amazing cinematography, literally perfect atmosphere and inexplicably great pacing for a movie where most of it is spent travelling.

Top that off with good writing and overall great acting(except for stupid wife bitch) and you get a movie that did almost nothing wrong.

Well fucking done.
>>
the indian women creeped me out
>>
Matthew Fox honestly surprised me. His character was pretty damn good.
>>
File: 950819589292.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
950819589292.gif
2 MB, 320x180
>mfw that one scene
>>
I liked it but the cripple taking out the whole tribe solo (apart from the last few) was retarded as fuck. These op cannibals destroy the rest of the party with ease, yet can't kill one cripple?
>>
>>62672520
also, him knowing about the voice things in the cannibals' throats made no sense. there is no way he could have known about that(except for maybe from his previous indian-killing experience).
>>
>>62672624
yep
tfw no backup deputy bro
>>
Really liked the concept, but there were some problems that kept it from being great. A lot of the dialogue seems pretty forces and I think the acting suffers overall because of it. The dying cripple saving the day is just a little too far fetched and it kind of ruins the suspension of disbelief. It felt like it wanted to be a slow burner, and it got intense toward the end to be sure, but the final act just took too long to be really effective, so the payoff wasn't what it could have been. Great concept, I just wish it could have been executed a little better.
>>
>>62669828
Great movie, but the editing/directing was really inconsistent. There were quite a few scenes that felt like they were done by a secondary crew, and the pacing got kind of retarded towards the end. Needed less cripple Rambo and less contrived action scenes at the end. There were a lot of times the trogs could've killed the protag if the just didn't stand there and slowly walk up to him
>>
File: Bone_Tomahawk2.webm (2 MB, 1280x536) Image search: [Google]
Bone_Tomahawk2.webm
2 MB, 1280x536
>>62672516
>>
That fucking scene when they ripped deputy's brain and cut him in half by the crouch was so damn gruesome
>>
>>62672937
>brain
>>
>>62672948
I dont quite remember I know he had his head cut open and his brain was out in the view
>>
>>62673021
They scalped him
>>
File: Bone_Tomahawk.webm (2 MB, 1280x536) Image search: [Google]
Bone_Tomahawk.webm
2 MB, 1280x536
>>62673021
It's called scalping
They don't cut through the actual skull
>>
File: Bone Tomahawk.webm (2 MB, 640x272) Image search: [Google]
Bone Tomahawk.webm
2 MB, 640x272
They played it too safe with the ending. Everything else was pretty good.
>>
>>62673087
that scene came out of nowhere, actually shocking level of violence, not expected
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-11-12-11h28m10s954.png (695 KB, 1280x536) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-11-12-11h28m10s954.png
695 KB, 1280x536
>>62669828
i like it.

i feel like it was a little slow, but it still moved
the movie was pretty gruesome at times and a couple of the scenes were pretty disturbing

i thought it was pretty amusing that the cannibals wouldn't eat the black dude
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-11-12-11h28m19s943.png (554 KB, 1280x536) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-11-12-11h28m19s943.png
554 KB, 1280x536
>>62673352
>>
File: 1433904385341.png (355 KB, 541x441) Image search: [Google]
1433904385341.png
355 KB, 541x441
>>62672865
You knew this would be fucked up but...damn
>>
>>62673087
I still don't understand how Jack managed to get his hand cut off here
>>
>>62676894
he didn't. the arrow went through the artery in his arm
>>
>>62672171
>inexplicably great pacing
I don't really know how to explain this, but while I enjoy slow pacing and Bone Tomahawk was no exception for me, I felt the pacing was a little off somehow. Maybe it's more of a plot or story issue though, but you get this huge tonal shift towards the end, the third act is loaded with most of the gore and "action" and you kinda know where the movie is headed... I don't know, I still liked it, but that bugged me a little bit.
>>
>>62672865
>see thread
>open google
>bone tomahawk torrent
>based yify
>click magnet
>launch bittorrent
>its downloading
>see ur image
>is that a turd hanging in the middle?
>cancelling download
>>
>>62677586
>google
>yify
>image

You seem like someone who should be quite familiar with male genitalia
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.