[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TROY
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7
File: vlcsnap-2012-06-09-00h11m09s149.png (628 KB, 1023x423) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2012-06-09-00h11m09s149.png
628 KB, 1023x423
Why the fuck did Agamemnon kept on poking Achilles with a stick?

>Achilles wins the beach of Troy increasing all men's morale
>literally show and tell him that youre gonna kek him

General thoughts on Troy?
>>
>>62661551
Because he was the king yet Achilles did as he pleased and the men loved him more
>>
>>62661551
that's what they did in ye olde days
remember the scene where the Roman soldier stabs Jesus with a stick to check for deadness and then later when Thomas doubts the resurrection Jesus tells him to stick his fingers inside him
>>
Because Agamemnon was a douche who wanted to fuck Brieses just because he could even though she was rightfully Achilles war booty.
>>
Woman detected. As expected, a film women couldn't hope to understand.
>>
>>62661551
have you even been in a single position of power or leadership?
>>
File: achilles sad.jpg (237 KB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
achilles sad.jpg
237 KB, 1920x800
>>62661551

It's part of the original legend. Agamemnon is a narcissist that always must get his way. Achilles is a sociopath/psychopath who doesn't like Agamemnon's bossy ways.

Agamemnon being the narcissist he is wants more power and more land. Achilles is a useful tool in winning the war against the Trojans. Achilles is fighting because it's his glorious destiny and he must have his glory and destiny fulfilled. He could really give two shits about Agamemnon but he has to take shit and obey Agamemnon because it comes with the territory.

If you really must find a legitimate respectable character in the story, Hektor and maybe Diomedes are the only ones.
>>
>>62662125
Odysseus too
>>
>>62661551
Someone needed to be the villain.
>>
>>62662409

He wasn't as bro-tier as Hektor or as a dependable soldier as Diomedes. Odysseus was a huge trickster and would have been more like the type of person that would have conned you out of your money selling you cheap shit.
>>
>>62662562
Don't forget Ajax, that guys only redeeming feature was having a cool sounding name.
>>
>>62662562
He ends up winning Achille's armor that was made by Hephaestus right? I know he had to fight Ajax for it, but I forgot if Odysseus won it in a fair duel or just used cunning to win it.
>>
>>62662586

Yeah Ajax was crazy, but not as crazy as Achilles. Ajax was outlaw biker like in his behavior. He also was a grandson of Zeus and most likely a giant.

The fact that Hektor took him on twice gives lots of standing respect to the older brother of Paris.
>>
What's great is historically, Agamemnon dies from being kek'd to death.
>>
How the fuck do you not know that the guy leading you isnt achilles? like the fuck?
>>
>>62662607

Odysseus basically fooled Ajax. They all went in to get Achilles' body from the Trojan then later a dispute over who should get the armor erupted.

Odysseus was attractive to the ancient Greeks because he wasn't like Herakles or Achilles who went in with brute force and fighting skill. Odysseus often outsmarted his opponents with trickery. An interesting aspect taught to ancient greeks at the time.
>>
>>62662645

I guess they looked the same under the helmet and had like body builds.(?)
>>
I really enjoyed David Gemmels 'Troy' Trilogy.

It would make a good mini series
>>
File: 1446595047786.jpg (1 MB, 2963x4192) Image search: [Google]
1446595047786.jpg
1 MB, 2963x4192
>>62662125
RIP Hektor mane, he was too based for that city
>>
>>62662628
>Sacrifice your daughter to Poseidon
>all to bring back that slut Helen to her cuk husband Menelaus
>Come home to find your wife cuks you with a younger man
>get assassinated by them

Agamemnon should have just stayed home.
>>
>>62662728

Agamemnon should have gotten it worse. The dude was a nutcase. I wish Achilles had killed him himself in the Illiad.
>>
>>62662720

Hektor was the type of guy that even modern Judeo-Christian cultures would respect. He was the Captain America of the bunch.
>>
Ned Stark killed Jeor Mormont in this movie. What do people think of the directors cut/EE? I recently saw it, seemed a lot more bloody.
>>
>>62661902
In his pooper?

Romans confirmed gay?
>>
>you will never get an Odysseus movie starring Sean Bean
>>
>>62662720
>ran around the walls of Troy trying to get away from Achilles
>probably crying and shitting himself as he did so
>based
Look it up, Hector pussied the fuck out in the book.
>>
>>62664839

A black cock was stuck in yours.
>>
>>62664928

Achilles was practically like an A-10 warthog when he was in fury.

Hektor knew he was going to die and that his wife and son become a slave in a foreign land.

The rest of the Trojans retreated upon Achilles approach, save for Hektor who stayed out to fight him. After being chased around the wall, Hektor had enough and stood to face Achilles, even charging at Achilles with his sword drawn.

Hektor was killed because that little cunt Athena tricked him while she aided Achilles.

Not pretty fair if you think.
>>
>>62662650
Odysseus was also one of the longest suffering heroes in Greek canon. Goes through the entire Trojan war, takes almost 2 decades to get home, then gets killed by his illegitimate son with a goddess a few years after his glorious homecoming. Odysseus was a bold-faced asshole but was frankly honest about it and got dumped on for it throughout the stories. Its an awesome story arc of a jerk who can't stop being one.
>>
File: Agamemnon sees a faggot.webm (1 MB, 1920x794) Image search: [Google]
Agamemnon sees a faggot.webm
1 MB, 1920x794
>>62666683
>>
>>62667020
>>
>>62666750
>Achilles was practically like an A-10 warthog when he was in fury.
>>
>>62664928
You would too if Athena tells you she's got your back against the baddest motherfucker in the Greek army and that's literally the only reason why your would dare to face him since you have no chance otherwise. Then suddenly she backtracks and you realise you're fucked.

Hector did nothing wrong.
>>
>>62667075

That scene was so well shot and choreographed. The movie does a good job capturing the fury mode. There's a part in the Illiad where a god of the river orders Achilles to cease his actions because the waters are being bloodied up with so many dead.
>>
>>62662804
>He was the Captain America of the bunch
So...a fascist asshole?
>>
File: laughing cap.jpg (138 KB, 980x1040) Image search: [Google]
laughing cap.jpg
138 KB, 980x1040
>>62667201

>liberal fags

oh you...
>>
>>62667188
People get rekt in the Iliad
>>
Not the Iliad
It can fuckoff
>>
>>62666873
>>62667120

It goes to show what a complete bunch of cock-mongers the gods were. All they did was fuck with mankind and do what they could to screw around with them, even making jokes of their death.

Zeus and Hera were like the super cosmic shit posters of legend.
>>
What are some other good films focused on war in the classical era?
>>
I don't like the movie. and greek wars was just good equipped "heroes" killing shitty trained and shitty equipped peasants.
>>
>>62667348

300 Spartans?
>>
>>62667399

Nordic wars are even worse.
>>
watched the directors cut of this recently, and it was objectively much worse
>>
>>62667421
This. the extended cut was better

something felt off with the DC like some scenes were missing cant point it out though
>>
>>62667465

They redid the soundtrack and fucked up a lot of the atmosphere in doing so.
>>
>>62662125
Hektor is basically the only 100% likable guy in the Iliad. Although I'm not sure how smart he is, it might have made more sense to turn the ship around and hand Helen and his little brother over to Menaleus rather than let all of Troy suffer because Legolas couldn't keep it in his pants.
>>
>>62666750
It's been a while since I read it, but doesn't Achilles spend like a third of the story just crying in his tent like a bitch because of muh war spoils?
>>
>>62667508

Yeah. Aggy kept screwing him over so Achilles went "fuck you then, I'll stay out of the game". That's when the Greeks started getting their shit pushed in by the Trojans. Agamemnon being the egotistical brat he was, would send dudes to convince Achilles to rejoin the fight.

If it weren't for Patroclis being such a hothead and all, Agamemnon would have kept on losing.
>>
>>62667490
I rewatched it yesterday, there was supposed to be an ominous music back in Achilles vs Hektor right? it wasnt in the DC
>>
>>62667188
>so well choreographed
at 0:06 brad runs up some stone wall for whatever reason while there is an enemy at his back.
he then does some strange 180 tacticool sword strike onto the man that was just waiting to get stabbed.

that is laughably bad.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.