[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Robotics like this existed for people with even less body
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
>Robotics like this existed for people with even less body part intact
>Vader stays in shit tier clunky robotics for 20+ years without improvements

nigga what?
>>
>>62661500
He wanted to keep his meaty parts. Grievous was just the head and lungs.
>>
because he was literally made of midichlorians and robotics is insignificant next to the power of the force
>>
>>62661500
the prequels fucked up. Easy as that.
>>
>>62661500
Prequels aren't real.
>>
File: 1417922224889.jpg (22 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1417922224889.jpg
22 KB, 250x250
Im gonna use movie science and say its because he wants more of "him" to be around to manipulate the force. Idk.
>>
God I fucking hate George Lucas.
>>
Goddamn Genndy Tartakovsky is a fucking legend

I remember thinking he would be involved in the actual movie,
>>
Fuck i could watch that gif all day
>>
File: general-grievous-o.gif (410 KB, 320x135) Image search: [Google]
general-grievous-o.gif
410 KB, 320x135
>>62661555

couldnt they even have turned his legs like that or make one of his arms or even just from the wrist, be able to spin around in circles like this
>>
Gonna guess you need some meat to manipulate the force. Mediclorians or not.
>>
>>62661500
And the prequel gushers complain that the fight between Vader and Kenobi in Ep 4 looks clumsy? This gif looks like shit.
>>
File: Durgeanddroids.png (365 KB, 720x400) Image search: [Google]
Durgeanddroids.png
365 KB, 720x400
Clone Wars Cartoon is dangerously close to being a perfect show

Also posting best baddie
>>
Given answer: Sheev put him in a clunky, outdated life support suit in order to keep Vader in check.

Actual answer: Lucas is a fucking hack and there is no rationale for the dissonance between the prequels and OT.
>>
>>62661500
>Robotics like this existed for people with even less body part intact
No they didn't, this cartoon wasn't canon even in the old EU.
>>
>>62661500

Prequels will get retconed at some point.
>>
>>62661500
>Cartoon version
>Grievous is a massive threat, a merciles killing machine who easily kills tons of jedis, even masters
>Movie version
>Grievous is a weak coward who get's rekt by one single Jedi in a couple of minutes

BRAVO LUCAS
>>
Vader gimped was still powerful enough to hunt Jedi for +20 years, just saying
>>
File: B9CMf3T.gif (450 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
B9CMf3T.gif
450 KB, 320x180
>>62661673

What did vader have that was still real just head/torso and half of each arm?

Not saying they should got rid of that and gone full cyber suit. just at least have similar robotics for the arms and legs.

Surely if in SW world they can build a full body like grevious, then they can build grevious tier limbs
>>
>>62661728
God I loved Durge

Perfect badass. The CGI cartoon was alright but they didn't come close to this guy in the villain department

Considering this shit isn't canon anymore I'd love to see someone put him in somewhere else again, or someone like him
>>
>>62661747
Revenge of the Sith is canon, though, and grievous (???) is a part of it.
>>
>>62661555
needed*
>>
>>62661836
And Grievous was shit that didn't compare to Vader well at all in that movie.
>>
>>62661891
It's kinda hard to compare to Vader when you're just the designated villain who had about 14 minutes of total screentime. No villainous acts in those 14 minutes either...
>>
>>62661891
It's not about how he compares to Vader, it's about the technology.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.