[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /tv/, bingewatch this short film i made!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_0037 (1280x853).jpg (628 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0037 (1280x853).jpg
628 KB, 1280x853
Was made in about 12 hours for a Super 8 film contest late last year, they finally uploaded them shits today.

https://vimeo.com/145355974
>>
Bingewatching is a new forced meme tb͏h so everyone knows
>>
>>62658110
you're just jealous that you didn't come up with it faggot
>>
>>62658074
Well, I hate to admit it, but that was pretty solid. Liked your location. Costumes looked appropriately Wastelandish. Music left something to be desired, and you could have fixed up the action a little. The Super 8 really worked here, gave everything a bit of a rustic quality.
>>
>>62658663
Adding onto this, I'd like to ask: Where'd you get them guns? I'm an aspiring filmmaker (read; lazy fuck who's only ever made one thing) and I'd like to use some future-y looking guns in a short sometime.
>>
bumping for information
>>
>>62658074
You need to fine tune the way you're capturing your film footage because the flicker is pretty distracting. From what I know this is a matter of adjusting the projector's speed or the shutter speed of the camera that is capturing. There is a "proper" way of doing it, but as i'm sure you already know the equipment required to do so is very expensive.

It's a nice short nevertheless.

>>62658717
Not sure where he got his guns from, but you can find many prop makers online that will make you things for practically nothing. Most are just really happy to help out and see their work featured in a film. Check out some of the prop making forums out there where many of these independent/amateur propmakers offer their services. A lot of propmakers on youtube also are up for commissions. The obvious alternative, I guess, is buying toys and painting/weathering them to appear more "realistic".
>>
>>62659176
>buying toys and painting/weathering them to appear more "realistic".
That's what I'm pretty much planning on doing, just wanted to see if there were other alternatives. Propmakers could be a good bet.
>>
Hey all, OP here, sorry for the late response I figured this would sink to the bottom with no views lol.. thanks for the watches and comments

>>62658717

The guns are nerf guns, painted up with some burlap wrapped around for the hero gun.
>>
>>62659176

Thanks for the tip, for the past few years I've had very limited time with the camera(they lend some out for the contest), but recently aquired one of my own and plan to shoot some stuff and really get accustomed to it.

>>62659437
Also forgot to add, don't fucking use a prop maker. I've never painted or made anything in my life and made the guns you see for the cost of the guns plus maybe $10 in supplies. Prop makers will charge you out the ass. Most of them are not professionals and it's not likely you have the money to waste on something that doesn't need to look perfect.
>>
>>62660287
Not talking about the camera you used to shoot the footage, i'm sure it's a decent Super 8 camera, i'm talking about the camera you used to capture the film. I'm assuming you captured the footage using a projector. Maybe you know this already but there are many projector's out there with variable speed settings which would make capturing footage in this way much easier. How did you capture the footage digitally?

Talking about props: from my own personal experiences I must say i've never actually paid that much for custom props.For the level of craftsmanship the prices they ask are actually low, maybe you're just looking at the wrong sort. This is just me but I think production design is one of the areas of filmmaking you really don't want to skimp on, considering it's the actually shit that that's being captured on camera. Heck more so now that people are shooting at 1080p resolution, you really want something that actually looks decent.
>>
>>62660679
Ah, gotchya. I didn't handle that aspect of it at all. All the entry films were screened, filmed at the screening, and uploaded (a year later) by the 2 people who organize the event. I am given the film back eventually though so I could in theory re upload it at some point using the methods you've talked about.

I agree that production design is extremely important but I dunno, I guess it helps that I have some artistic ability but I hate most low level prop makers which is, I assume, what we're talking about. I like to spend money where it counts but I think that aspiring filmmakers that can barely scrape together $300 bucks for their film should not be spending $80 on a fancy painted gun, which is on the low end of what I see most modded and prop nerf guns go for.

Here's another one I did a few years back if you're interested:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeSRV6PEs_o
>>
Looks like you didn't feed your crew Panera. It shows.
>>
>>62658110
>new
It's been around for ever baka
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.