[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ian Mckellan would read the chapter they were shooting and make
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2
File: Gandalf.png (1 MB, 883x751) Image search: [Google]
Gandalf.png
1 MB, 883x751
Ian Mckellan would read the chapter they were shooting and make Peter change his scripted lines to what Gandalf actually said in the book.
>>
>>62657482
Most retarded thing ever, no wonder the movie is so fucking backwards.

Fuck that retard, that was so jarring. I couldn't figure out why some lines were word for word and other weren't guess this retard is why. Doesn't fit, at all. Except for the long monologues where it's Tolkiens skill coming through.

God dam, that's dumb, can't have your cake and eat it too.
>>
>>62657482

I was the on-set masseuse, when I was kneading his wrinkly back he got a bit excited and offered me £500 for "extras". I gave him a blowjob and he was so happy he said "That was wonderful, my boy" and gave me £1K.
>>
Gandalf said Melon at the gates to Moria?
>>
>>62657544

The real problem and difference between The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings is that Peter and the crew had 3 and half years of pre production before they started filming the lord of the rings.

Guillermo Del Toro was a year and a half into pre production on The Hobbit when Peter replaced him and changed everything and started shooting immediately. The production crew was constantly trying to keep up as Peter often would just wing it on set.
>>
>>62657689
i got 3k when i jerked him off.

You got ripped off you fgt.
>>
>>62657544
All movie changes were for the worse
>Gandalf stays behind in Rivendel in movies
>No reason other than to add new wizard scenes
>Dwarves get captured by goblins
>Gandalf has no way to know where they are (because he wan't there to slip away like in the books)
>He saves them anyway even though they are in the middle of a random mountain that gandalf had no idea about.
>>
>>62657721
>implying this is an argument about Hobbit vs LOTR.

You picked the wrong person anyway, faggot. The Hobbit is the better adaptation than LOTR. It's a lot closer to the story and tone.
>>
>>62657745

I got 5k just for flicking his dick

You got ripped off, fag
>>
>>62657769
You mean exactly like LOTR? Fuck off, you're flat out wrong. You can't band wagon me.
>>
>>62657869
>>62657796
>>62657721
It really strikes me in the hobbit that the actors have no idea what is going on scene to scene. When you watch behind the scenes and see all the pickup shoots and random way it was put together, it's easy to see why. They were shooting scenes years apart that are sequential scenes and it shows.
>>
>>62657919
The autisim is strong with this one, did you screencap the anon who parroted that from reddit?
>>
>>62657827
I got 8k for no reason
>>
>>62658000
Damn
>>
this looks exacctly like a top post on reddit.

worded exactly like how reddit would
>>
>>62658144
>spending so much time on Reddit that you pick up the nuances of their posts

Damn son
>>
>>62658144
>this looks exacctly like a top post on reddit.
>worded exactly like how reddit would

I'm a redditor and proud of it, I have 209 link karma, 2,596 comment karma, if you have a problem with that I don't give a fuck ;^)
>>
File: retard.jpg (49 KB, 450x373) Image search: [Google]
retard.jpg
49 KB, 450x373
>>62658198
>>
>>62657919

Yes that is true. Especially in the 3rd movie is when shit hit the fan.

I'm watching the Appendices 11 and 12 from the Extended Battle of the Five Armies. It's as if Peter didn't know what he was doing.

Not to mention the studio made it turn into 3 movies when it was originally 2. Then they added all this extra shit.
>>
>>62658419
Do you know 3 movies makes 0 fucking sense? You know LOTR is 6 fucking books? You know LOTR is just as fucked as The Hobbit?

Oh wait, you haven't read the books, so no, you don't .
>>
>>62657544
>actually reading the books
>>
>>62657796
>The Hobbit is the better adaptation than LOTR.
Second worst bait I've seen all day.
>>
>>62658594
>implying I am wrong.
Anon, you actually have to refute things in order to have some form of relevance, you don't want to simply be a meme poster, do you?
>>
>>62658185
I actually like reddit so its no surprise I would know their nuances.
>>
>>62658643
You think admitting to be reddit is somehow countering the meme, it's not. We all ran out of this thread faster than you said "I'm a redditor".

Sage for days.
>>
>>62658627
Not him, but please enlighten on us more, then. Go into detail about the story and tone.

Because the hobbit movie was a lot more dramatic than the book, for one.
>>
>>62658967
>Because the hobbit movie was a lot more dramatic than the book, for one.
Not at all. The book has very serious tones, are you serious? Bilbo gets knocked out and awoken to the death of Thorin, that's not dramatic?

The Hobbit is a fun adventure story for children, the movies emulate that VERY well. regardless of what you say.

LOTR is an adventure story with very heavy philosophical overtones. We got action movies.
>>
>>62657482

all these people ITT making claims to having pleased Ian McKellan and bitching about pricing

You made it with Ian McKellan. What's to bitch about?
>>
That's pretty cool. He must've been a fan of the books.
>>
>>62659048
>LOTR is an adventure story with very heavy philosophical overtones

nice one m8
>>
>>62659172
Maybe you should read the books, before you try to argue something based on said books.

Or maybe you did read them but all the themes and ideals went straight over your head, if that is the case than I feel sorry for you, bro.
>>
>>62659217
>muh collie professor told me to feel dis way
>i dun now feel dis way

:^)
>>
>>62659172
it's past your bedtime child
>>
>>62658470
On the original DVDs, they split the DVD into Book I on thebfront side and Book II on the back.
>>
OTR, Ian is a gay faggot leftard Guardianista. Fuck him.
>>
>>62659934
Extended editions too
>>
>>62658000
He gave me 15k to suck my dick
>>
folly you fools
>>
>>62657919
>>
>>62661853
you tried
>>
>>62657796
confirmed for neither reading or watching the lord of the rings or the hobbit
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.