[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this movie any good? Also, why don't they make any more
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 11166304_ori[1].jpg (212 KB, 800x1122) Image search: [Google]
11166304_ori[1].jpg
212 KB, 800x1122
Is this movie any good? Also, why don't they make any more based predator movies like the first 2?
>>
Worst Predator movie ever made not even joking
>>
>>62652262
it's really stupid but there's predators in it so i kinda liked it
>>
>>62653169
It's really bad, yeah. But if you told me that Predators is worse than AvP 2 I'd slap you so fucking hard.
>>
It a syfy tier movie
>>
>>62652262
No

Because those movies wouldnt sell with general audiences
>>
>>62653229
>Chinaman kills Yautja with a katana
>Fucking Trejo.
>Adrien Brody

Avp and Avp 2 at least had some decent action.
>>
>>62653169
>>62653222
>>62653229
>>62653341
>>62653373

fuck the haters. its a good flick. watch it
>>
>>62653373
>Yautja

I liked the original movies so much as a kid, the fuck if I remember important shit but I know that and what Pyode Amedha and Kiande Amedha means.
>>
>>62652262
The previous predator movies had the following theme:
Genre film (military action, cop thriller) in hot weather gets interrupted by a Predator hunting humans.
The Predators movie didn't follow that theme.
Instead, they tried to be clever and failed miserably.
>>
>>62652262
This movie was a pretty fun and Brody did a surprisingly good job.

The honorabru katana fight was stupid shit, though, and it tried too hard to be a callback to the earlier movies instead of its own thing. I think they should have done more with Morpheus's hideout and running/hiding in that kind of environment, scrappy characters trying to survive and cobble together equipment out of junk.
>>
>>62653373
>decent action
No, they absolutely did not. Every single scene takes place in the dark or in the rain, so you see LITERALLY NOTHING. Every single character is a civilian and not the least bit equipped to take on a predator, so there is no tension. Not to mention the gore is so tactless and cynical in its approach (child killed in the opening twenty minutes, pregnant women and their unborn children slaughtered by the dozens by alien mutants, a half-dressed woman who just wanted to swim and flirt pinned to a wall by a spinning blade as big as she is), that it's like The Human Centipede, but without any terrible attempts at comedy. The nuclear annihilation deus ex machina at the end is just icing on the shit cake. AvP 2 is literally, LITERALLY, one of the worst films ever made that I've seen.
>>
>>62653453
I liked it but didn't enjoy the Eric Forman evil "twist"
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.