[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The leftovers s02
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 6
File: leftovers.0.0.jpg (128 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
leftovers.0.0.jpg
128 KB, 1600x900
Seriously isn't season 2 ridiculously good?
>>
Like damn
>>
>>62651377
This, Fargo, The Americans, Rectify, and The Knick.

The top 5.
>>
pretty good
>>
>>62651377
yes. haven't seen episode 6 yet, here are my episode rankings so far
5>4>3>1>2
>>
>>62651747
why the fuck is 1 so low?
>>
>>62651377
Season 2 is a ridiculous improvement over Season 1.

If I wasn't unemployed a few weeks ago, I probably wouldn't have stuck with season 1 all the way. Three legitimately excellent episodes (Matt's, Nora's, Garvey flashback) with the rest varying from pretty good to shit.

All of Season 2 has been great, with the Laurie/Tom and Nora/Erika episodes being at least on par with the highlights I mentioned before
>>
>>62651377
Absolutely amazing show, still I don't have a single clue where story will go
>>
>>62651767
because 1 was boring as shit? and the black family isn't that interesting. plus none of it made sense so far ("looks like a 6" john says, the cricket, the running in the woods). best part of pilot episode was that part in the beginning

>>62651819
this i disagree with. 2 is fantastic, but 1 was perfect. there were no bad episodes from 1. based kevin.
>>
>>62651767
the half hour long cavewoman scene that existed only to show the region had been seismically active for thousands of years.

At least that's my guess.
>>
>>62651869
>but 1 was perfect.
Oh you're the "every season 1 episode made me cry" faggot? Never mind
>>
>>62651377

>season 1 was bad

oh did you read this in some critic's article and you think it's the cool thing to say? lol
>>
why didnt nora immediately tell kevin that his son is missing?
>>
>>62651911
what? i never said that. quit projecting u meany face :^)
but really, the symbolism, writing and acting were stronger in season 1 than season 2. I hate that we're not going to see jill's friend, or kevin sr., or Liv Tyler beyond that cameo
>>
>>62651955
>or Liv Tyler beyond that cameo
episode 8 is going to be a Liv Tyler episode, cuntmouth.
>>
>>62651955
hate to ruin it for you but liv is listed as appearing in the next 4 eps on imdb
>>
>>62651950
because lindelof
>>
>>62651869
I like Kevin more this season now that he isn't quite as central. I don't know whether it's just because he's more out of focus but Justin Theroux's acting seems better when he does appear

I think Miracle is a much richer setting than Mapleton and find the black family quite interesting, or at least Erika after the last episode
>>
>seismically active region
>girls swimming in pond at night
>pond drains suddenly during earthquake

>ITS ANOTHER NOT-RAPTURE!!!!
>ITS THE DEMON ASRIEL!!!!

Why the fuck is everyone in lindelof land certifiably retarded?
>>
>>62651950
Probably she didn't think he's missing, she forget about it because she thinks he's somewhere with a gurl and not telling his mom

>>62651898
>the half hour long cavewoman scene that existed only to show the region had been seismically active for thousands of years.

I think it's something different, she's a leftover too, survived a mysterious event that she can't understand and that made her loving ones disappear
>>
>>62652165
I ignore that because its just more hamfisted lindelof bullshit.

Also because its kinda not possible for a human being to not understand "cave collapse."

>>62652121
Don't forget the giant fucking chasm where the pond used to be.
>>
>>62652121
why was the car still running?
>>
>>62652233
skinny dipping, most likely. As evidenced by the streaking.
>>
>>62652276
why was the car still running?
>>
i think the guy getting water that they teased in the first ep abducted them for research purposes
>>
>>62652290
Because they were swimming nude at night? Fast get away? Warm up quickly afterwards? Light?

That is like the most meaningless and inconsequential detail to be hung up on.
>>
>>62652276
car was closed from the inside
>>
>>62652392
... yea, cars tend to do that.

Modern cars also have these crazy things where you can lock and unlock them remotely.
>>
>>62652491
>Modern cars also have these crazy things where you can lock and unlock them remotely.
How do you do that with the keys in the ignition?
>>
>>62652507
You remove the remote lock and unlock fob from the keychain.
>>
>>6265252
Where would they keep that while they were skinny dipping?
>>
>>62652491
unlock with what? The key that you use to start the engine? The same engine that was running?
>>
File: occam.png (17 KB, 325x290) Image search: [Google]
occam.png
17 KB, 325x290
>>62652547
In their cunts. or in a waterproof container on a wristband.

This is really just proving you're retarded, breh.

even captcha knows you're retarded
>>
>>62652507
Some cars auto lock at like 15 mph. Maybe they drove it fast, all jumped out, and then ran into the lake. Car locked up and drifted on.
>>
>>62652550
spare set if remote unlock is integrated with key (wasn't) or just detaching the remote unlock fob from the keychain.

Do you even drive? Have you ever seen a car?
>>
>>62652611
Sounds like Dark Knight Rises plot
>>
>>62651377
Where did the water go? And Why? Is Kevin unable to kill himself?
>>
>>62652602
>>62652611
You're running out of rope, pal.
>>
>>62652700
Down the giant hole? Because the pond drained?
>>
>>62652626
Tell me please you are trolling or something. Does it sounds plausible to you that they do a complicated scheme of things (for what purpose?) while the show is shouting "THEY DISAPPEARED YOU RETARD"?
>>
>>62652789
>pretend to be guy you're arguing with and samefag
Ah, so you're trolling. Whatever.
>>
>>62652816
Taking the remote unlocked fob off a keychain in a running car so it can run with the doors locked while I'm not inside it isn't some COMPLEX MYSTERIOUS HYPOTHETICAL SITUATION ONLY PHDS COULD FIGURE OUT, its shit I've done. So, yea, "deys disappeared" is significantly more retarded.
>>
File: bush laughing.jpg (18 KB, 232x273) Image search: [Google]
bush laughing.jpg
18 KB, 232x273
>>62652823
Paranoid too, even better. Don't watch the show anymore, it's might give you an aneurysm.
>>
I guess the worst part is if they did depart, we will never officially know. Just another mystery of the world.
>>
>>62652865
Where would they put the remote? Why hasn't the remote been found yet?
>>
>>62652865
>Taking the remote unlocked fob off a keychain in a running car so it can run with the doors locked while I'm not inside it isn't some COMPLEX MYSTERIOUS HYPOTHETICAL SITUATION ONLY PHDS COULD FIGURE OUT

And you were swimming? And where did you put the remote, in your ass, since they didn't find it?

>So, yea, "deys disappeared" is significantly more retarded.

So, you're retarded or you love to argue about shows you didn't even watch. That's what Kevin's vision told him, that's because the writers are in charge of what happens and not you.
>>
>>62652894
On them. Because it went down the hole with them.

Seriously, Y CAR RUNNIN is the dumbest fucking question humanly possible.
>>
>>62652958
>kevin is crazy
>his vision tells him a lie
>IMMEDIATELY STARTS SINGING RICK FUCKING ASTLEY

wow

Did you forget the show is written by damon fucking lindelof?
>>
>>62653021
>On them.
They were skinny dipping though?
>>
>>62653165
>>
>>62653241
Lol if I saw anyone with one of those on I would mock them incessantly.
>>
>>62653325
So you'd mock a naked girl swimming in a pond at night.
>>
>>62653383
Yes
>>
>>62653604
So... you're under 16?
>>
>>62653675
No that would be a person who doesn't laugh at a naked girl with a plastic bag around her fucking wrist lol.
>>
File: pondering_girl2.gif (49 KB, 235x313) Image search: [Google]
pondering_girl2.gif
49 KB, 235x313
>>62651377
What if the ones we're watching on the show are the real departed ones and in another dimension all the rest are living without all the leftfield stuff in our dimension we're watching.
>>
>>62652799
It didn't drain, it's gone.
>>
>>62653738
Did you read the book?
>>
Will they do a decent episode explaining the night girls went missing?

If they don't show at least a flashback it will be a huge disappointment.
>>
>>62653895
They've already explained it through Patti, I doubt they' retread
>>
>>62653860
No, didn't know there was a book desu
>>
>>62653949
yea, a crazy dude's hallucination telling him his fears are real is tots a reliable source.

Seriously, how retarded are you?
>>
>>62653968
Not to say you're wrong, but it's very clear that the ones we follow are very much still on Earth.
>>
>>62654041
Bitch, the guy up in the tower saw her as well, she's very much real.
>>
My guess is that hes hallucination is right but because he witnessed something in the pond, but it really needs a better explaining.

Also what if Kevin is the demon instead of Nora?
>>
>>62654404

Nothing implied he actually saw her, he is just a wacko who saw Kevin talking by himself and inferred it was a real person.
>>
>>62654545
>actually believing the "demon asriel" bit

I guess the leftover's audience is young adults.

explains a lot really.
>>
>>62654725
Where did this demon theory come from?
>>
>>62654763
one of the scientists cold calls nora and tells her they believe she is a host for the demon asriel.

That's it.
>>
>>62654801
Which episode?

I could see it being applied more to Kevin if anything, but there is no initial sin, on either account.
>>
>>62654859
the most recent one
>>
>>62651911
Nope. That's me.

And you're the idiot who doesn't get the show because you think cable is better than HBO. Because you're that idiot.
>>
>>62654950
Haven't caught up, that sounds hella far fetched
>>
>>62655106
It begins with an L.
>>
>>62651377
Season One is in my top five single seasons of TV ever...

Up there with John From Cincinnati, Breaking Bad Season 2, and Dexter Season 4. Can't look away kinda good.
>>
>>62655025
>because you think cable is better than HBO.
Nope. The Leftovers is the best show on TV right now.
>>
s1 was great, loved the mood / atmosphere, several episodes were fantastic, best season ending I've ever seen I think

s2 I think is also really good, different mood and atmosphere but I still enjoy it I think.
Last episode or two were the first that I think really grabbed me a la matt's or norah's from s1

it will be interesting how they end it but I feel this season has definitely opened up more sub plots and mysteries than s1 had
>>
>>62655140
Damn dude, how can you be so right about John From Cincinnati and so wrong about Leftovers
>>
>>62651377
best show since TD season 1.
>>
I just really don't like that Garvey's daughter for no reason starts lusting over that black neighbor.

As soon as they moved in right off the bat she's giving him "I want to fuck you" looks.
>>
I pitched to write a feature on The Leftovers without thinking, just cause I love the show. Any ideas on where I should focus my article?
>>
>>62655479
>not watching fargo s2
>>
>>62657605
This, Fargo season 2 is better

Leftovers Season 2 is still a big improvement over the first though
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.