[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /tv/ think about Utopia ? I just finished S1 and it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: utopia-5111341b48d2e.jpg (316 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
utopia-5111341b48d2e.jpg
316 KB, 1920x1080
What does /tv/ think about Utopia ? I just finished S1 and it was surprisingly good. I loved S2E2 as well, bold episode.
Overall I would describe it as Urasawa's mangas meet Wes Anderson visuals. Add a lot of harsh violence to the mix. The soundtrack is really good too.

Probably the best UK show I've watched so far.
>>
File: 1439018396289.jpg (28 KB, 500x581) Image search: [Google]
1439018396289.jpg
28 KB, 500x581
>>62646890
>Overall I would describe it as Urasawa's mangas meet Wes Anderson visuals
I like Urasawa's mangas (at least 20th century boys and Monster) but despise Wes Anderson with all my might because of how boring and repetitive his style is.
Will I enjoy Utopia?
>>
>>62646957

Well some of the visual effects are similar but when it comes to tone it's definitely not the same thing at all. Go for it if you like Urasawa stuff seriously. The visuals are also fucking good desu, lot less gimmicky then anderson's.
>>
too much atention on the aesthetics, too less in the story
>>
>>62647108
Nah. You just have a shitty taste for true gems like Utopia, it´s usually genetic, like a lack of brain cells. But then again this is my first time on /tv/, maybe you all are like this. I personally find the whole hollywood/actor idolization/worship distasteful, I literally couldn´t give a fuck about these people.

To OP:
The first season is killer. Second one is too SJW for my tastes and lacks the haunting images of freemasonry which were present in the first season. That kinda dulled the vibe.

I personally think of Utopia as top-tier stuff, as well as Black Mirror which is another UK production. Both are the first series that come into my mind when thinking of series done excellent(excluding anime).
>>
>>62647296

Any good reads on the FM stuff ? I thought Corvadt office is S1 was a reference to esoteric stuff like this.

Also I hate SJW bullshit so I hope i'll still enjoy S2. First episode was fucking great imo.
>>
>>62647443
>Good reads on FM stuff?
The Culture of Critique series. That shit will blow your mind but mind you, its a hard read if you are bad in Engrish, because it is intended for scholars and thoroughly sourced.

>I thought Corvadt office is S1 was a reference to esoteric stuff like this.
The symbols that represent Freemasonry are literally there. Check the ceilings as the whole virus plot is being discussed. It is bone chilling, because the plot is far too realistic to be a work of fiction. Or atleast, that´s how I feel about it, it just does not sit right with me given our current problems with overpopulation and all.

Again, watch Black Mirror as well if you like Utopia. Like Utopia it has a horror element into it that burns you slowly, keeping you awake.
>>
>>62647769

Already watched it. Really loved S1 but S2 was a little disappointing imo. Best episode was the Christmas special.
>>
>>62647769

I meant the links between FM stuff and Utopia, is there an analysis of that somewhere ?
>>
File: mrrabbit.png (905 KB, 1280x538) Image search: [Google]
mrrabbit.png
905 KB, 1280x538
Season 2 was pretty hit and miss, mostly due to the Janus plot. Still, I would have liked one more season to see what they do with pic related.

Really liked Dugdale's subplot in the first season. The show should just be about Dugdale, Arby, Wilson and The Network.
>>
>>62647296
>like a lack of brain cells
>hollywood worship distasteful
>lacks of freemasonry
>excluding anime

can you be more autistic?
>>
It's a travesty that this got cancelled, series 1 is as good as tv gets.
>>
Another reason U.K tv is objectively better than american
>>
Best twelve hours of television ever.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.