[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would this have been the greatest sci-fi movie ever made?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: jodo.jpg (192 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
jodo.jpg
192 KB, 1920x1080
Would this have been the greatest sci-fi movie ever made?
>>
no
it would have been over-budgeted, indulgent, head-up-its-own-ass wankery
>>
it would have been too fantasy to be science fiction.
>>
>>62645303
No, it would have been way worse than Lynch's Dune.
>>
>>62645303
Some cool ideas, but I'm sure the changes he made to the story would be bad, like his terrible ending.
>>
File: 1441828899728.jpg (40 KB, 300x364) Image search: [Google]
1441828899728.jpg
40 KB, 300x364
>That scene where Nicolas Refn is over at Jodorowsky's house looking through his Dune book
>>
this doc is so dumb.
every preprod or brainstorm sessions looks like that when you hire artistic directors

then everything is diluted with reality and budget
>>
>>62645303
No, it would of made the current dune movie look good.
>>
>>62645471
>>62645544
this

it would have killed the space sci-fi genre befire it even started
>>
>all these jodorowsky haters
I guess there's always Nolan for you guys!
>>
>>62645303

No, it would've been a fucking disaster, probably wouldn't even be finished. I like Jodorowsky's movies, but he would not be able to handle a production of that scope, he would not be able to handle the process of making a big-budget studio film like that. It'd make the most entertaining season of "Project Greenlight" ever, but the movie itself could never work out the way he wanted.
>>
File: merica2.jpg (177 KB, 640x953) Image search: [Google]
merica2.jpg
177 KB, 640x953
>>62645567
> Some cool ideas

Scenes from that fucking storyboard book were copied nearly verbatim into almost every 80s golden-era movie that justified the birth of this board.
>>
>>62645303
was el topo the greatest western ever made
fuck no
dude wasn't gonna make something straight or even related to the book
>>
>>62645903
Who cares? It wasn't about adapting Dune, it was about making a spectacular and unique sci-fi which he succeeded in, he just never recorded it
>>
>>62645303

No way. It would have been a disaster of uprecedent proportions.

A shame that Jodo couldnt do it.
>>
>it would've been awesome, I swear!
Please. And I like jodo
>>
It would have atleast been on par with Holy Mountain and El Topo right?
>>
>>62645303

No, it would be a complete retarded mess of a disaster that no one would like except a handful of arthouse fags who will eat any shit Jodo throws out there, but it would be regarded as one of the worst movies ever
>>
>>62646049
>it was about making a spectacular and unique sci-fi which he succeeded in
Where is it? No he made a storyboard, making a movie is about much more than the story board. He failed in several ways and couldn't even finish his movie.
>>
>>62646210
the only thing to doubt about the film would be Jodorowsky's direction when we finally get to the filming phase and I don't believe that's anything that we need to question at the moment
>>
>>62645697
If you watch the documentary you'll realize how pretentious his ideas for the film were.
>>
>>62645697

difference is Nolan can actually get his movies made

stay mad jodobitch
>>
>>62646269
I've seen the doc and I don't see what's so pretentious about it? The blood becoming semen? The torture of Paul? The films finale? It doesn't really differ all that much from The Holy Mountain which had lots of similar scenes
>>
>>62646257
Story, acting, effects, costumes, sound, music, budget ... You are so far up Jodorowsky ass right now.
>>
>>62645303
No it couldn't have lived up to its huge potential, what happened is the best thing. The memorable scenes went into loads of other great films and the project gets to live as an unsullied dream.
>>
Dance Of Reality is his best
>>
I'm from Chile, I've met Jodo more than once. Let's put this thing in persoective, it was a wonderful idea.
But how much would the producers accept? Jodo wants to be a dictator in his films and with his wild fucking imagination he would ask more and more and if at any step the money stopped flowing in, he'd ditch the fucking thing and go away to spend a month on acid on the Himalayas.
Guy just doesn't work for such a strict market business like Hollywood.
Te aprecio Jodo, pero todo sabemos que no eres fácil.
>>
>>62645567
there was an interview with Frank Herbert and they asked him about Jodo's script.

Because Frank was basically a nice guy he didn't come out and say it was shit... he coughed, looked about the room and admitted ".. it was a little anti-catholic.. he did basically everything except horse-whip the Pope."

if Jodo wants to make a statement, he can fuck up one of his own intellectual properties. the Incal, or the Andragorus, or something. deliberately shitting on Frank Herbert's work just because it's better.. reveals a level of jealousy that makes me want to smack the guy.

or "rape him with love", as he put it.
>>
File: Butlerian_Jihad.jpg (121 KB, 800x407) Image search: [Google]
Butlerian_Jihad.jpg
121 KB, 800x407
>>62646049
then why call it "dune"? oh, because it was already popular.

jesus, maybe he'll get an option to make a film out of the Dune prequels, and the circle of shit-eating will be complete.
>>
>>62645303
Doesn't matter cause well never know

Dune thread?
Watched it last night
Honestly really good ideas, with the proper budget and like 12-15 hours of film could be great

Are the mini-series worth my time?

Should there be another attempt? HBO full series? Saga of movies with big budget?

Problem is there's no guarantee of an audience so it'll get john cartered for sure, even if it were good
>>
>>62645303
i dunno but I thought the designs showed of in the doc were amazing. Is there anything like this I can watch somewhere?
>>
>>62645303
https://youtu.be/dV-6W1xQSS0
>>
It would've been ultra shit if it had actually been made in the 70s. Just that opening shot with the mega zoom through the Universe would've bankrupted them and the final product would've probably aged terribly if it managed to look decent at all. The only way it could've worked if they had tried to make an animated film.
Now? Maybe it could work. The designs do look otherworldly and strange, and fan complaints aside, the plot doesn't seem that weird by Jodo standards.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.