[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Leone vs. Tarintino
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4
File: OUATITW.jpg (343 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
OUATITW.jpg
343 KB, 1920x1080
>Leone commissioned Bernardo Bertolucci and Dario Argentoto help him develop the film in late 1966. They spent much of the following year watching and discussing numerous classic Westerns such as High Noon, The Iron Horse, The Comancheros, and The Searchers at Leone's house, and constructed a story made up almost entirely of "references" to American Westerns

This is exactly what Tarantino does but his film come out like shit, so what did Leone have that Tarantino doesn't
>>
>>62633886
A mind that isn't hindered by severe autism.
>>
>>62633886
>so what did Leone have that Tarantino doesn't
talent
>>
>>62633886
Film school
>>
UNO FARTO
>>
>>62633886
A different era to live in
>>
>>62633915
>>62633918
These

Also Leone also wasn't scarred from a childhood of watching mommy getting Blacked™ to the point of developing weird fetishes that he then forces into his films
>>
>>62633974
Leone did go to film school, he went to law school
>>
Director that reminds me of Sergio Leone is Akira Kurosawa, but I find Akira Kurosawa to be really like a proto-version of Leone
>>
File: Once-Upon-a-Time-in-America.png (1 MB, 1514x852) Image search: [Google]
Once-Upon-a-Time-in-America.png
1 MB, 1514x852
>>62633886
Leone was a humanist who happened to tell stories about men who killed other men, Tarantino is an autistic teenager in a 60 year old's body who's obsessed with 'cool violence'.
>>
High plains drifter and the outlaw josey wales are better than anything either of them made
>>
>>62634020
That might have something to do with A Fistful of Dollars being a remake of Yojimbo, and the fact that Kurosawa was Leone's favorite director after Ford
>>
>>62634068
The Outlaw Josey Wales is GOAT Western but not as good as The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, Once Upon a Time in The West & Once Upon a Time in America
>>
TARANTINO 3:17 MEANS I JUST FARTED MY ASS
>>
>>62634072
kek didn't know that.

i find leone much more interesting thop
>>
>>62634103
What do u think of high plains drifter?
>>
>>62634134
I guess it's easier to relate and feel invested in tales about something you are familiar with rather than Edo period Japan
>>
>>62633886
>Dario Argentoto
and The Sergione Ranger?

eitherway, Tarantino puts himself too much into his films and it becomes a fantasy rather than something more to reality
>>
>>62634158
desu i always get it mixed up with Pale Rider so i guess it never made that much of an impact with me
>>
>>62634196
Also, Leone clearly knew his history. Tarantino is a highschool dropout who got his education from retarded exploitation films.
>>
>>62634213
I literally just watched plae rider. Similar stories but high plains drifter is my favorite western ever.

Really surreal and supernatural and a haunting score

Any other westerns you would recommend?
>>
>>62633974
>He believes in the film school meme
Must be nice wasting daddy's money
>>
>>62634222
Basically this. Leone actually was a well cultured man who watched a lot of classics and it reflected in both his cinematography and writing. Tarantino is an uneducated buffoon that consumed shit entertainment for all his life and then went on to make more shit entertainment
>>
How can we stop that in 50 years Tarantino be considered on the same tier that Leone or even above? Fucking hell, as it is S&S 2052 will have Pulp Fiction on the top 10.
>>
>>62634262
Well if you want surreal and supernatural westerns,

>Mackenna's Gold
>El Topo
>Dead Man
>Walker
>Dust Devil

would be a good place to start
>>
>>62634068
How come no one likes Joe Kidd?
>>
>>62634330
Thanks will look into these
>>
>>62634103
>Once Upon a Time in America

overrated honestly
>>
>>62634423
watch it again then
>>
>>62634481
i've watched it multiple times. it's overrated and yes i've seen the non edited versions. it's just not very good.
>>
>>62634506
It's not 'Overrated'.
It's accurately rated, it's just that you don't like it.
learn the distinction
>>
>>62634506
thats your choice then. What do you rate as Leones best?
>>
>>62634549
nope! it's objectively overrated. FACT.

perhaps you should go back to reddit lmao?
>>
>>62634585
If you don't like Once Upon a Time in America then Perhaps you should go back to reddit sir.
or you know go watch Goodfellas or something
>>
>>62634585
>9/10 people like a film but i don't and my opinion is more important than anyone else's so they are wrong and [insert film here] is over/underrated
>>
>>62634580
The Last Days of Pompeii,The Colossus of Rhodes and Duck, You Sucker
>>
>>62634638
>the general population likes it so it must be good

come on now. also most people haven't even seen it. it's just one of those somewhat obscure flicks that pretentious douche bags like to jerk each other off over getting it and appreciating it. like i said, it's objectively overrated. FACT. stop arguing.
>>
File: 1446362283105.jpg (23 KB, 263x263) Image search: [Google]
1446362283105.jpg
23 KB, 263x263
>>62634653
you are such a fucking faggot
>>
>>62634674
>Most people
If by most people you mean Twitter-Facebook generation then yes I guess you are right.

My father has seen it and he barely watches movies. Leone was incrediblypopular
>>
>>62634674
Stop baiting retards
>>
>>62634674
>most people haven't even seen it
Im sorry to inform you but this is wrong,
>>
>>62634791
Sure, buddy, 3.6 billion people or 160 million americans are hip to a 1984 4-hour film.
>>
>>62634674
Leone was extremely popular in his days, my dad told me that when one of his movies came out in the theaters the whole school was taken there to watch it
>>
>>62634330
Also Django Kill!... If You Live, Shoot!
>>
Leone didn't steal every single shot and idea from something else

How Tarantino has got away with it for so long is honestly beyond me
>>
File: Palance.jpg (50 KB, 599x270) Image search: [Google]
Palance.jpg
50 KB, 599x270
>>62635784

Companeros is also batshit and fun.

>Zapata western
>main character looks like Che Guevara
>pot smoking Jack Palance and that fucking falcon
>exploding saint statue

It's Tarantino levels of batshit but without Tarantino.
>>
>Leone vs. Tarintino
>this is an actual thread

Jesus Christ
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.