[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just watched this. Heard nothing of it before, had zero expectations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 9
File: i-origins-movie-review.jpg (640 KB, 1400x2100) Image search: [Google]
i-origins-movie-review.jpg
640 KB, 1400x2100
Just watched this. Heard nothing of it before, had zero expectations going in, ended up enjoying it.

What did you think of it, and what was Tom Cruise's creepy cousin's role supposed to signify?
>>
File: i origins astrid berges-frisbey.jpg (36 KB, 1280x535) Image search: [Google]
i origins astrid berges-frisbey.jpg
36 KB, 1280x535
>>62632795
Thought it was pretty good desu

That elevator scene hit like a fucking train. Completely unexpected
>>
>>62632795
Enjoyed it.
>>
File: adwme7Qz.jpg (2 MB, 3744x5616) Image search: [Google]
adwme7Qz.jpg
2 MB, 3744x5616
>>62632888
I never wanted another waifu.

I certainly didn't want such heartbreak. But it kept going and I never lost interest. I was afraid Mapother was going to kill Michael Pitt at the end or something, creepy how he just showed up with 10-15 minutes to go lurking about after making his presence known.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
20 KB, 480x360
>>62632965
The way they shot that scene was interesting. You hear the loud slam of the elevator coming down as she's getting out, and it seems as though she just barely escapes. They only show the upper half of her body so you're sitting there wondering if she really did get cut in half or made it out. Then they show her intestines and the severed lower half. Fuck.
>>
>>62632795
watch

The East
Sound of My Voice
Another Earth

if you liked I Origins, same filmmakers behind each one
>>
>>62633072
I've seen Another Earth and didn't like it as much as this.

I didn't dislike it like I did Melancholia though.

So is that just a director staple, using Brit & Mapother in all of em a la Fincher or Burton?
>>
>>62633072
>Another Earth

My nigga. Really liked that movie. What scifi should be like.
>>
dammit, The East had been coming on movie channels for months but I never got around to watching it, just searched my guide and it's not coming on again any time soon
>>
>>62633145
it's not as good as tsomv or ae, for me
>>
>>62633092
There was no sci-fi in that movie though.
>>
Just read another person's theory that was as simple as possible but really made the most sense regarding William Mapother's strange character.

He basically only existed in the film to creep out or annoy Pitt enough to take the stairs with the little girl when he saw him waiting for the elevator in the lobby, so that the second elevator scene would come after the little girl 'failed' the test. Allegedly even the director said he wanted Mapother to serve as a red herring.

And apparently IO is a prequel to a grander vision the writer/director has (simply called 'I') that will require a much larger budget to complete.

Also, 44% of 25 is 11, which Pitt saw all throughout the film.
>>
I liked it. It was very solid in my opition and I like it when movies don't give a clear answer and you have to make up your own like that. No idea why critics hated it so much and I never heard anything about the movie before Vic recommended it.
>>
>>62634105
Funny how a closer examination of the negative reviews reveals they mostly came from tryhard britfag rags. Those assholes hate everything.
>>
'That scene' deeply affected my sensibilities. Where's my trigger warning when I need it? Don't even remember the rest of the film.
>>
File: _1_9.jpg (211 KB, 1650x1109) Image search: [Google]
_1_9.jpg
211 KB, 1650x1109
Why is Michael Pitt so based ?
>>
The dialogue was also good. Like his reaction when his wife cought him fapping.
>>
>>62636357
that part was fucking genius, i have an excuse now for when my future ex wife caughts me fapping
>>
>>62633072
Nice, will check them out.
>>
>>62632795
Heh, i liked it.
>>
>>62632795
it dumps the usual cliché from the entertainment industry on science and non-science.
>>
>>62634897

Michael Pitt is just a poor man's Cillian Murphy.
>>
Watch frequencies
>>
>>62633516

>Another Earth appearing out of nowhere approaching Earth

Mate.
>>
File: eyes.jpg (90 KB, 1000x655) Image search: [Google]
eyes.jpg
90 KB, 1000x655
Too bad the film made so little money and we will probably never see I which Cahill wanted to do in the first place.

>>62636780
Why?
>>
>>62636830
It's an interesting little film
>>
File: eye 2.jpg (138 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
eye 2.jpg
138 KB, 640x640
>>62633072
Seems like only Another Earth has the same writer/director
>>
>>62636780
>Watch frequencies
muh nigga. they show it on showtime bey all the time.
>>
File: Brit.jpg (270 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
Brit.jpg
270 KB, 1280x853
>>62632888
astrid's good, but brit's qt
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.