[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>YA book trilogy adaptation >obviously marketed to teenagers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 9
>YA book trilogy adaptation
>obviously marketed to teenagers
>second part, so mandatory ciffhanger/shit ending
>first movie was shit
>well, this is surely complete shit
>friend recommends it
>watch it
>it's actually really okay
>nicely edited
>entertaining, if a little cliche action pieces
>not that heavy use of CGI
>a few shit characters, but some also solid performances
>well, goddamn

Has this ever happened to you /tv/? What movies have surprised you in a good way?
>>
>>62632310
So are you saying I should download it OP?
>>
>>62632345
Sure, if you're bored or have time to kill.
>>
>>62632310
dylan obrien should have been spiderman
>>
So you're saying you survived the skarch.
>>
>>62632310
Maze Runner is comfy and not like Twilight
>>
This was meh
>>
>Kaya Scodelario wasn't gangbanged

suspension of disbelief lost
>>
The first part had more suspense to it.
And the Maze itself was nice.
>>
>>62632310
You missed the real gem of this movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUEO8iHn9zA
>>
>>62632444
>have time to kill.
The only one you're killing is yourself.
>>
Haven't seen in, but the first one wasn't all that bad. Certainly better than Hunger Games.
>>
>>62636424
Not even remotely.
They're both YA shit flicks but hunger games has far better production values.
>>
wasn't there supposed to be some other guy that could talk to the main chick telepathically? and the mexican girl was supposed to work for the bad guys?

read the books a while ago but the movie didn't seem right
>>
>>62632310

>the third book in the trilogy will actually not be split in two movies

based
>>
>>62636443

That doesn't make it better
>>
>>62636487

that's because the author is working on two prequel books about what caused the apocalypse so they can milk it some more
>>
>>62636512
Also better cinematography, better acting and a better story/premise (on account of ripping it off from battle royale).
>>
File: TST_Brenda.jpg (167 KB, 373x457) Image search: [Google]
TST_Brenda.jpg
167 KB, 373x457
Don't do it

You'll end up turning gay, just like I did
>>
File: johanna-mason-jena-malone.jpg (83 KB, 950x1125) Image search: [Google]
johanna-mason-jena-malone.jpg
83 KB, 950x1125
The Hunger Games > Divergent > The Maze Runner > Twilight > Harry Potter >> Percy Jackson >>>> The Mortal Instruments >>>>>>>>> Beautiful Creatures
>>
>>62636594
>Divergent above anything
Also you forgot The Giver and Ender's Game
>>
did they survive the skwuarch or was CIA lying?
>>
>>62636614
Well they never spent more than a few hours in the wild and nearly died hundreds of times while there so his estimate that they wouldn't last a day seemed quite accurate
>>
>>62636594
We talking books or movies?
>>
File: IMG_0517-613x408.jpg (70 KB, 613x408) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0517-613x408.jpg
70 KB, 613x408
>>62636683
I don't know friendo, are we on /lit/?
>>
>>62636594
>The Mortal Instruments
>Beautiful Creatures

literally never heard of those
>>
>>62636594
1. Harry Potter
2. The Hunger Games
[Power Gap]
3. The Maze Runner
4. Percy Jackson
[Power Gap]
5. Divergent
6. Twilight
7. All the other shit
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-11-11-06h07m27s565.png (384 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-11-11-06h07m27s565.png
384 KB, 1280x720
>>62636545
>>
>>62632310
I watched this the other day. I can't figure out why the adults in the lab are evil. They are searching for a cure so they can save the human race. Sure, they use kids as test subjects and all that but if it's basicly the end of the world I think that's ok. I think the survival of the human race goes before "muh feelings".
>>
that zombie romance thing, but only because it didn't take its self seriously. I was also suprised by divergent. that second one sucked ass though
>>
>>62632310
but the first wasnt shit

just following the motions and was entertaining enough
>>
>>62637265

by the way I'm usually drunk when I watch these kind of movies.
>>
The movies do exactly what they set out to do. They are quite meh but worth it in my onion
>>
>>62636736
For good reason.

Mortal Instruments is basically Twilight with more magic, and Beautiful Creatures takes a decent concept (southern gothic witchcraft) and turns it into a faggy love story.
>>
>>62637335
>southern gothic witchcraft
>decent
For an erotic short story maybe.
>>
>>62632310
The ending battle felt so fucking overblown and insane that I thought Michael Bay just stepped in for 20 minutes and directed it.

Shit was funny as hell
>>
I wanted to download this shit just because of CIA anyway.
>>
>>62637250
They are completely dissecting the kids to make temporary treatments for others. By natural selection if the kids reproduce enough the entire human race will be immune anyway in a few generations.

By the way the whole thing is an allegory for how Boomers have chosen to fuck over their own children and grandchildren to make their retirement more comfortable.

>when I entered the workforce anyone with a high school diploma could walk into a factory and get a job that would pay for a house in the suburbs and two cars, you kids are so fucking lazy and entitled, now pay my Medicare you little faggots
>>
>>62638335
that and they demand their Social Security

Its a pyramid scheme from the start; they'd paid in 1/10th to 1/20th of what they're getting out of it

anyone of our generation or later is going to pay in 20 to 200 times what they will see out of it (if it doesn't collapse or Social Security age benefits are raised to 65/70 in the future)
>>
File: 1435421159051.jpg (7 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
1435421159051.jpg
7 KB, 224x225
>theresa betrays them at the end

the only female character in the entire movie a traitorous whore

go figure
>>
>>62636594
1. Harry Potter
[Power Gap]
2. Hungry Games
3. Shit
4. The shit's shit
5. The rest
>>
>>62639222
See
>>62637165
>>
>>62639961
i meant in the entire trilogy. brenda will be dead before the 3rd film
>>
Unlike hunger games, I can actually believe the bonds of friendship these characters have. In the first one when his fat little friend died o actually felt sad when that black chick died I hunger games it was just embarassing watching Jennifer Lawrence try to act
>>
File: kill urself.jpg (147 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
kill urself.jpg
147 KB, 1500x1500
>>62636594
>Divergent ranked that high
>Twilight ranked that high
>Harry Potter ranked that low
Divergent and Twilight are pure shit. Harry Potter isn't good but it started out as a decent children's fantasy series and is far better than all of that shit you listed.
>>
>>62636594
Harry Potter > the rest of that shit
>>
>>62632310
but it was worse than the first one bro.
>>
>>62642618

why do you think that?
>>
>tfw no big-budget Besson-directed Mortal Engines film franchise

why even bother to life
>>
>>62642689
Because everything else is dreck that was made to cash-in on the YA craze Harry Potter started.
>>
>>62642773

Just because something is first doesn't mean it's the best. The opposite is more often true.
>>
I thought the Maze Runner was actually pretty good, and the Scorch Trials slightly less so, but I still enjoyed it. Looking forward to the Death Cure. Probably going to read the books in the meantime.

>>62641253
>when his fat little friend died
That actually did make me kinda sad (even though I totally knew he wasn't gonna make it out of the first movie alive).

Not the first to point this out, but I was really disappointed at the utter lack of homoeroticism among the Gladers. The Glade should have been the most jailhouse-gay place of all time.
>>
File: art.jpg (343 KB, 1100x492) Image search: [Google]
art.jpg
343 KB, 1100x492
>>62636594
The Hunger Games is the only good one you've listed and thats only because of the last movie
>>62642689
Because social media meme "nerd" culture
>>
>>62642940

>mfw plebs actually called Mockingjay Part 1 "boring" and "the worst hunger games movie" when it is literally the only one that would be considered properly good by any sane person
>>
>>62636754
This is the objectively correct listing.
Maybe Percy Jackson beneath the second power gap, I enjoyed the premise but those movies are the biggest shit. It felt like they were actively trying to make them shitty.
>>
>Ranking this dogshit
star wars 7 really did a number on this board didn't it
>>
>>62642905
In the case of Harry Potter it's true.
>>
>>62643108

prove it faget
>>
>>62642916
>The Glade should have been the most jailhouse-gay place of all time.
While this is true, I'm also curious as to how none of them seemed to immediately want to screw Teresa.

Maybe they just removed their sex drives or something.
>>
>>62642689
> not loving Harry Potter

Are you serious? I mean maybe you were just too old when the books came out but man, they were truly magical. I feel sorry for everybody who hasn't read them as a kid tbf, they made my life so much better. Found friends and bonded with them all over Harry Potter, the excitement and midnight book parties... of course the movies turned out to be disappointments every time and it got lamer as I grew older but come on dude. Seriously? You don't like HP? What's wrong with you nigga.
>>
>>62643350

Wow you sound like an irritating faggot

I was the age of HP's target audience when they came out, and I loved them then. But as time went on and got old enough to recognise what was and was not good writing the sheen wore off. They're not good books. Not even by childrens' books standards. You're only defending them out of nostalgia and the worst part is you're admitting to it in your post and you don't see anything wrong with that.
>>
>>62643226
Oh, yeah, just remembered. The author of the Maze Runner trilogy is a Mormon. That's why.
>>
>>62632310
Does CIA survive the movie?
>>
File: books ranking.jpg (1 MB, 1635x2855) Image search: [Google]
books ranking.jpg
1 MB, 1635x2855
>>62643108
Are you kidding me? Harry Potter was easily one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books are g-g-good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King
>>
>>62643350
Get some taste
>>
>>62643446
Fuck you.
I just reread the books and they're as great as ever (maybe they're better in my language, probably very different in English. The shitty writing style almost never comes through in good translations).

People who genuinely dislike HP are either being contrarian because it's so popular even amongst the most normie of normies, haven't read the books or don't have souls.
>>
>>62643446
>They're not good books. Not even by childrens' books standards.
LMAFO to be honest familia. That's your crappy opinion.
>>
>>62632310

do they set up that elaborate ntr like in the books just to fuck with mc?
>>
>>62643446
>They're not good books. Not even by childrens' books standards
This.

>children/teen books before the harry potter poison
>The Odyssey and the Iliad
>The Life and Opinions of the Tomcat Murr
>Frankenstein
>The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
>Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
>A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court
>Kidnapped
>Life with Jeeves
>Steppenwolf
>Animal Farm
>A Member of the Wedding
>Charlotte's Web
>Watership Down

>BOOKS AFTER
>The Hunger Games
>The Maze Runner
>Twilight
>Fault in our stars
>Fifty Shades of Grey
>flavor of the year YA #7
>Minecraft survival guide
>>
>>62643499
I never said Harry Potter is good. It's just better than all of the YA shit that has followed in its wake.
>>
>>62643499
I know this copypasta
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.