[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are we bored of shitposting about WarCraft already? In all seriousness,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 10
File: realer than real.jpg (666 KB, 2033x1559) Image search: [Google]
realer than real.jpg
666 KB, 2033x1559
Are we bored of shitposting about WarCraft already? In all seriousness, do you think it will be any good? Will it be like Avatar, praised for its visuals and acclaimed as a masterpiece before being immediately forgotten and never mentioned again?
>>
File: A-young-Ryan-Gosling.jpg (37 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
A-young-Ryan-Gosling.jpg
37 KB, 900x900
>>62624510
>Are we bored of shitposting about Warcraft already?

Yes, now fuck off shill.
>>
>>62624510
>Will it be like Avatar, praised for its visuals
did you see the fucking trailer?
>>
>>62624533
But you're fine with 24/7 Star Wars?
>>
>>62626144
is there anyone on this board that isn't a disney shill or a nerd that thinks star wars is cool?
>>
>>62624510
>hipster dindu orcniggers

this must be viral marketing. who would like this
>>
I'm going to watch it, I don't ever think of Star Wars or Avatar. I played way too much wc3 to not do it.
>>
How much does Blizzard pay you to shill this shit 24/7? I think you'll have more luck on >>>/v/ tbhfam
>>
File: fun.png (64 KB, 198x217) Image search: [Google]
fun.png
64 KB, 198x217
>>62624510
It seems like they blew their whole CGI budget on the orcs and said "lol fuck it" for everything else

typical Metsen
>>
>>62624510
I expect it to be middling honestly
>>
I'll watch it just so I can complain about how Jones turned into a kek
>>
wow, is that a still from the movie?

looks realer than real life
>>
I hope it does well.

It looks they went really generic and safe with the storyline for the first one to make it more accessible.

Please just make an Arthas/Lich King trilogy plz
>>
Dem orcz dindu nuffin
>>
>>62626246
the orcs are key to this
>>
>>62624533
>>62626144
at least the guy admits he's a shill, but he's also right. Star wars shilling is at an all time high, even without the race baiting fin threads it's the norm to have at least 4-5 thinly veiled star wars threads in the catalog 24/7. fucking shills are drowning this boards, as if /pol/ posting and reddit vacationposting weren't enough, people are just blatant about it now. If you guys will notice, there's no longer a report commercial spam/advertisement button and hasn't been for a while.
>>
>>62624510

I think the first one will be pretty middle of the road. If it gets more movies, I think it has the potential to be good because it will be able to do fantasy on a scale that hasn't been done since LotR. But that is a lot of ifs. Hope it turns out well so that duncan can make other movies.

>>62626755
It's really crazy, even threads that have nothing to do with starwars go back to starwars for no reason at all. I don't underestimate an army of disgruntled manchildren's ability to fixate on something, but this is a bit much to be that alone.
>>
>>62626961
Duncan already has a film slated for after Warcraft so even if this bombs we'll hopefully get another film by him
>>
>>62624510
>Thought about Avatar as the trailer played
I actually had hope for this
>>
>>62626961
>I don't underestimate an army of disgruntled manchildren's ability to fixate on something, but this is a bit much to be that alone.

Boyega has become the face of kekposting, and the media is obsessed with BMWF, so any BMWF thread will end in Boyega.
>>
>>62624510
>>62626144
sheevposting is a lot more fun and star wars has a lot more dank memes
>>
>>62624548
They're still working on it post production however a lot of it already look really good. Only thing is the lighting when the orcs and humans meet and some composition and the orc baby.
>>
I think it will be good (plot, solid unique story) because if they wanted a simple cash in (all demo/outside gaming) this film would have been made 5 years ago.
>>
>>62628994
This film is being made literally as soon as Lucas was removed

He was the thing stopping more films from being made
>>
>>62624510
There is one single trailer out 8 months before it's released. Star Wars has had a massive ad campaign going on for the last few months, with video games and other shit coming out to tie in with it, and we still don't know if it's good or not.
>>
>>62629083
whoa, did not know that.

Well duncan jones is a good sign. Now its up to the script/actors.
>>
>>62629083
Do you mean George Lucas? And removed from what? What's the potterer got to do with Warcraft?
>>
I want it to be good so that I can safely say that Duncan is actually a good director and Moon wasn't just a fluke. It'll probably be complete shit though.
>>
I remember someone posted that it came about 5 years too late to be successful in either quality or actually making money, and that seems pretty spot on to me. If it came about 3-5 years ago not only would it have probably met great commercial success, it might have actually been a good movie.
>>
>>62624510
>praised for its visuals
>>
File: Warcraft_Trailer1.png (559 KB, 687x658) Image search: [Google]
Warcraft_Trailer1.png
559 KB, 687x658
>>62624510
>>62630976
>I am Visjulz the red wizard
>>
>>62630976
What's wrong with this scene? People keep pointing it out.
>>
>>62624510

You know, I think it will actually be pretty good.

I like how they showed Durotan as a man who was simply trying to save his people from their own mistake and make a brighter future for them and his family, only to be backstabbed by Gul'dan and his cronies.
>>
>>62631045
Lighting and composition which will be fixed before June so who gives a shit.

Who's the mage on the right? Is that an elf
>>
there gonna be some green bitches in this
cause if there are I'll watch it
>>
As a fan of WoW, this shit will be at best passable. If you aren't aware of the word before you go, it's going to look pretty bad. I want to saw it will be at Jack The Giant Slayer levels. Maybe in the 90's or even 80's this type of fantasy settings might have been acceptable, but now it's just cheese.
>>
File: tumblr_shuu14-9282.png (114 KB, 513x467) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_shuu14-9282.png
114 KB, 513x467
>>62631563
>>
File: 1446367520241.png (218 KB, 500x313) Image search: [Google]
1446367520241.png
218 KB, 500x313
>>62624510
>a "WoW" movie was teased years ago
>get kinda hype
>an origins story was announced instead with re-written orc dindu lore
>tfw i'll never get to see my fav classes battling it out on the big screen.
>>
>>62624510
>Will it be like Avatar, praised for its visuals and acclaimed as a masterpiece before being immediately forgotten and never mentioned again?

that will be Star Wars The Force Awakens
>>
>>62631700
>tfw i'll never get to see my fav classes battling it out on the big screen.
>The paladin will never stack reckoning and one shot everyone else

Why live
>>
>>62631700
Mages warlocks shaman rogues and warriors are in this. Paladin would be in the next with death knights and druids in the third
>>
File: death-knight-1.jpg (145 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
death-knight-1.jpg
145 KB, 1024x768
>>62632221
>death knights and druids in the third
Nigga you best get ready for some classic fel deathknights if this manages to get a sequel.
>>
>>62631125
>Who's the mage on the right? Is that an elf
Antonidas, human
>>
>>62632221
no hunters?
>>
In the actual WoW game, which race makes a better warrior, Tauren or Orc?
>>
>>62632655
Hunters dont do anything
Why bother adding them
>>
File: dan 'check em' schneider.png (106 KB, 210x259) Image search: [Google]
dan 'check em' schneider.png
106 KB, 210x259
>>62632599
>>62632655
>>62632688
>>
>>62632655
Atleast there's always archers which hunters should've been anyway
>>
>>62632599
and some Teron Gorefiend
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (790 KB, 2000x2822) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
790 KB, 2000x2822
>>62632599
>>62632992
>>
>>62626246
Metzen wanted a story set entirely from the alliance point of view, Duncan was the one went with the 'both sides of the story' approach.
>>
>>62629584
Warcraft isn't exactly on the same level as Star Wars, so why would it have the same marketing as Star Wars?
>>
>>62633066
sauce? These threads are always saying metzen is an orc loving faggot and that's why we have a story of both sides and that the orcs dindu nuffin
>>
>>62632599
Those niggas were hardcore. Reanimated human bodies fueled with an orc's soul.
>>
>>62633244
Metzen favorite character is a night elf, and the orca has never been din du.
>>
>>62624510

The movie is about a story/game (Warcraft 1), that the current fanbase don't know shit about and have no connection to.

The die hard lore nerds don't give a fuck because the story has been fucked and nothing makes sense anymore.

The current fanbase barely cares about the lore to begin with outside of a few big names.

Who the fuck is this movie for?
>>
>>62624510
Only 4 days out and 14 million views already. I think it'll do good
>>
>>62624510
Yes, I saw the trailer, im gonna go watch the movie , you fucker, now be peaceful and, yes, it's better than SW, and yes, im probably gonna be the oldest one in movie theater and I'm gonna need to use Rent-a-senpai to not look like some predator.
>>
>>62633311
What makes you think that lore is what gets people in the cinema?
>>
>>62624510
Who is dumb enough not to think this will be a trilogy at least(Resident Evil-The Movie is at 6th, I think)

Also
>A QUESTION!?
Im not familiar with WOW lore, is Ragnar Lothbruk a Lich King-to be?
>>
>>62633844
>is Ragnar Lothbruk a Lich King-to be?
No
>>
>>62632688

havent played in fucking ages but if you wanted to play a tank warrior tauren was slightly better because of the extra HP
>>
>>62624510
Well, avatar looked like a videogame on LSD
>>
Guys, guys,chill!
L-listen here, guys!
G-guys!!!God damn it!
GUYS! Iz got an Idea!!!

We can rob the shit out of South Korea on June 10!!!
We can literally steal whole country, just leave 2 yards space around every movie theater!
They have WOW as the main news coverage, they have 17 TV channels that analyzes only the trailer!!
>>
>>62634003
>>Implying China wouldn't do the same thing
>>
>>62633844

lich king is like 5 years old or something in this movie, if he is included at all
>>
it seems really bland. I probably won't see it in theater.
>>
>>62634129
Arthas is a young child

Nerzhul however is a grown Orc and may or may not be in the movie.
>>
i will watch it regardless, warcraft 3 is my all time favorite game and i couldn't give a shit about anything else coming out these days
>>
>>62634253
Nerzhul is in the trailer in the shot with the lightning with his skullmask.
>>62624548
>>62624510
Most people didn't even watch the better quality version which makes all the difference.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NisQtgvg-3E
watch this in ultra 2k looks amazing
>>
>>62634334
Yes I know about that Orc in the trailer, but I'm unsure if that is Nerzhul or just a generic shaman. Nobody in the cast is listed as Nerzhul and I see no reason why they would do that unless Nerzhul is not in the movie.
>>
>>62633096

i'd say it is, if it wasn't then why would they need 5000 trailers and shit? they are trying so hard to get a new generation into a franchise that started in the 70s, it failed in the late 90s/00s and it will probably fail again
>>
>>62634428
What are you talking about? My post said that Warcraft is not on the same level as Star Wars so why should the Warcraft movie get the same marketing as the Star Wars movie?
>>
>>62634474

it depends what you meant
>>
>>62628441
I can understand how some of the CGI could get better, theoretically, in six months, (after they've been working on it for the better part of a decade) but what about the human shots where everyone is running around in plastic? The greenscreen shots that look worse than shit amateurs put on youtube? Are they going to make all the CGI shots extra shakey so you can't notice how terrible everything looks? Will there be more than token variation between the orcs? While the base orc model does look nice (because they built one for reference), all the differentiation looks awful, because its just half-assed vestigial detail that operates under no logic or purpose because metzen simply has no idea how to design anything other than "keep adding shit till they can't tell you can't draw."

When people were clamoring for blizzard to just make movies, their CGI sequences looked better than anything else by a wide margin. But they've since been surpassed by people who don't need a month for every ten seconds.

Then with metzen doing story, there is really no way this can be anything other than pure shitshow.
>>
Given the current state of movies this will most likely involve an orc male fucking a human woman in a bid to further promote race mixing
>>
>>62634372
I hope so. Nerzhul and Gul'Dan are the reason (on the orcs side) the portal was opened. Decent lore would be dropped.
>>
>>62634618
its the same skull mask Nerzhul wears in the trailer. Look closely at his eyes too theres a blue glow. Nerzhuls also a shaman at first, notice the lightning
>>
>>62634618
>Decent lore would be dropped.
Consider metzen has been doing that for the last ten years, why would he change now?
>>
>>62634615
garona kills the king doubt theyd fuck after that
>>
>>62634676
she was possessed, lothar will forgive her because he's a kek in this flick
>>
>>62634618

Ner'zhul isn't really involved in the First War or the Dark Portal. Ner'zhul goes into hiding shortly before the Dark Portal was opened and doesn't reappear until after the Second War when he and Gorefiend end up destroying Draenor.

He is pretty important in the events leading up to the First War though, so we'll probably see him in the movie, but it might be some prologue montage kind of bullshit. Here's a list of important stuff Ner'zhul was a part of:

>Kil'jaeden's initial contact on Draenor
Kil'jaeden tricks Ner'zhul into believing he's a benevolent god.
>Began the Orc/Draenei hostilities
Kil'jaeden manipulates him into rallying the orcish clans against Velen and his draenei.
>Discovered Kil'jaeden's true identity
The spirits of his ancestors at Oshu'gan show him how he was being fooled by Kil'jaeden.
>Saves the Frostwolf clan from Kil'jaeden's plans
After discovering Kil'jaeden means to incite the orcs by having them consume Mannoroth's blood, Ner'zhul tries to warn everyone, but only Durotan and his clan would listen.

Then he just kinda disappears. Goes into hiding or whatever while the Dark Portal opens and the First War begins. The next time he shows up is after the Second War when he and Gorefiend do their whole "accidentally destroy the world" thing.
>>
>>62634936
Yeah, that's true. I just meant that he had contacted them, and that was kind of the beginning. Transition from Shaman to Warlock? I guess. Not sure.
>>
Will there be sheep?
>>
>>62634936
You forgot Guldan made sure that nobody would listen to Nerzhul and being the reason Nerzhul went into hiding.
>>
>>62634556
Wach the 2k version, humans and their armor every shot looks much better.
>>
>>62624510
Already?!?
There have barely been any threads about the warcraft movie.

Nobody gives a fuck about it.
>>
it looks so forgettable

like eragon
>>
>>62635279
why would you just tell lies on the internet?
>>
>>62635938

>eragon

oh my god that was the shittest film ever
>>
>>62633066
So it's shit. Orcs were originally an evil threat for the player and were considered as big bad until WC3 where they white washed them. Metzen was right to only focus on humans
>>
I already want a new trailer
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.