[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did they treat Rambo like such shit in First Blood? The
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51
File: FirstBlood.jpg (49 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
FirstBlood.jpg
49 KB, 600x400
Why did they treat Rambo like such shit in First Blood?

The guy did nothing illegal before he broke out and just wanted to get some breakfast.
>>
They're baby boomers, man. You can't expect anything else from them.
>>
america really didn't like vets during that time and still don't
>>
>>62619193
It just pisses me off you know?
I know it's just a movie but I remember my dad's best friend telling me about the same shit happening to him when he came back from Vietnam, it's fucking disgusting you know?
>>
>>62619254
THEY ARE BABY KILLERS
FUCKING BABY KILLERS
>>
>>62619163

You've never been to a hick town then
>>
>>62619163
Because this time,people actually saw what happens in a war.
>>
File: 1446836592219.jpg (12 KB, 250x255) Image search: [Google]
1446836592219.jpg
12 KB, 250x255
what the fuck i just put this movie to watch and now i see this thread here
>>
>>62619331
What does going to a hick town have to do with anything? Obviously he would be treated with respect there.
>>
>We were in this bar in Saigon and this kid comes up, this kid carrying a shoe-shine box. And he says "Shine, please, shine!" I said no. He kept askin', yeah, and Joey said "Yeah." And I went to get a couple of beers, and the box was wired, and he opened up the box, fucking blew his body all over the place. And he's laying there, he's fucking screaming. There's pieces of him all over me, just... like this, and I'm tryin' to pull him off, you know, my friend that's all over me! I've got blood and everything and I'm tryin' to hold him together! I'm puttin'... the guy's fuckin' insides keep coming out! And nobody would help! Nobody would help! He's saying, sayin' "I wanna go home! I wanna go home!" He keeps calling my name! "I wanna go home, Johnny! I wanna drive my Chevy!" I said "With what? I can't find your fuckin' legs! I can't find your legs!"
>>
When Nam vets were returning, cities saw a rise in vagrancy/drug-use -- because vets were given opium, or some shit, while in Nam, I can't remember.

The Sheriff basically wanted Rambo gone because he thought that if he [Rambo] shows up, then more vets will.
>>
>>62619163
In the novel, and the original script, Teasle hated Rambo because he was a Korean war veteran which was a war that got much less attention.
>>
File: 1428105753876.jpg (47 KB, 600x590) Image search: [Google]
1428105753876.jpg
47 KB, 600x590
>>62619365
It's on netflix, so everyone's watching it.
>>
>>62619163
The way I had it explained to me was this way.

American society was founded on freedom from oppression. Our entire history literally started as rebelling against military occupation by the brits in the colonies. For this reason alone americans will always hate having a large standing army. During war americans are fine with a large army as the soldiers are not in the homeland, but the second the battle is over they want nothing to do with a large military. This also explains why we see so many budget cuts to the military towards the end of wars and during peacetime. Nobody wants a reputable army until we need one.

Tl;dr americans are afraid of military occupation thus hate soldiers when they arent needed.

Sorry for spelling im on mobile.
>>
From the best generation to this shit in one generation. Americans are incredible. I always say it was a test of their nation, of their solidarity and patriotism and they failed it miserably. Played right into Soviet's hands. Sure, Afghanistan happened to them too not so long down the road, but America was never the same place after 60s.
>>
>>62619434
That's what I kind of figured was the case while watching the movie, he seemed to despise the fact that he was still a civilian when compared to Rambo and never got to see any real action (even wanting to die by Rambo's hand at the end).
>>
Vets are ornery scum. Cops didn't do anything wrong.
>>
File: 1390631841097.jpg (28 KB, 560x450) Image search: [Google]
1390631841097.jpg
28 KB, 560x450
>>62619163
>there was a time when Stallone was a respectable actor
>>
>>62619566
Get the fuck out of here, hippie.
>>
>>62619471
All those historical inaccuracies.
>>
To be quite honest with you, OP, I don't know. Maybe there was a law in that town against walking on the highway.

What I do know is that they drew first blood - not him.
>>
>>62619586
>hippies supporting cops
How old are you? Really?
>>
>>62619655
You hippies would side with the devil himself just to spit some more on vets.
>>
>>62619599
Im not anywhere near being a american history buff, as I said before, it was how it was explained to me. Care to explain the historically accurate version?
>>
>>62619586
Bust your pasty limp wrist, recoil-virgin ass in real life. Shit, one of my friends near you probably already has.
>>
>>62619718
well meme'd, Fedorius
>>
>>62619599
Not him, but there was only one historical reference and it was correct. Fuck off.
>>
>>62619701
>cops are the devil
No, Spencer. You are the hippie.
>>
File: peter-weller-robocop1.jpg (26 KB, 566x311) Image search: [Google]
peter-weller-robocop1.jpg
26 KB, 566x311
>>62619254
imagine germany liking their war veterans of WW2, made atrocities, fucked up their nation and eventually lost the war. who the fuck would like them. you like winners, not losers.
>>
>>62619754
It was an example, John Ahmed. Learn to read. I thought they learned you that down at the liberal arts.
>>
>>62619331
I live in a hick town in Montana, outsiders dressed nicely are tourists for the gem mining and crafts made here, outsiders dressed shabbily are hunters. Both give the town lots of money and are treated nicely. I get more hassle from cops in the city.
>>
>>62619766
>comparing III Reich to America in the 60's
>muh Nazis

Yup, that's an Amerilard. Kill yourself.
>>
>>62619797
guys right, vietnam war was crap. fucking innocent people because they wanted to become reds.
>>
>>62619773
>asvab failure wants to talk schooling
o i am laffin, internet navy seal
>>
>>62619163
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8-ycSkoYfc

warning this is very graphic. It has to do with this thread.
>>
>>62619254
Reminder that being forced into fighting in a pointless and unwinnable war and probably comitting atrocities along the way DOES NOT make you a hero. Same goes for Iraq veterans, except those fucks were stupid stupid enough to VOLUNTEER for that shit.
>>
>>62619248
Non american here, elaborate please, why not? Vietnam was way harder to soldiers than Iraq or Afghanistan.
>>
>>62619368
Hick towns don't like drifters, period.
People move out of cities to small towns so they don't have to deal with that kind of shit.
Abusing bums has been an American tradition since the Great Depression. Tough luck that these guys decided to mess with a Green Beret like First Blood.
>>
File: 1425637940642.jpg (31 KB, 506x527) Image search: [Google]
1425637940642.jpg
31 KB, 506x527
>>62619899
Yeah I'm sure you've done a lot of heroic shit in your life
>>
>>62619899
Depends. If you do something exceptional to save a fellow soldier's life who was also forced to fight after getting drafted then you've done something heroic by putting your life on the line when you don't even want to be there to save someone who also didn't want to be there.
>>
>>62619521
>>62619434
I thought the exact same thing while watching despite the film giving you nothing to base it off of

If anyones interested Stallone's commentary track for the film is on youtube, its got some good stuff in it.
>the car flipping over during the chase was unscripted
>so cold during the bike chase that Sly's tears were freezing
>Stallone really hates the jokey scenes with the Reserves
>Kirk Douglas was originally Rambo's CO, but was fired because he rewrote the entire script before his first day of shooting. He wanted his character to kill Rambo himself among other things
>First cut was over 3 hours long, everyone hated it. Sly and his agent tried to buy the film and bury it
>moral according to Sly is "don't push people or they push back". Seems ok with the fact Rambo is a terrorist who lights half a town on fire and decimates their police force
>>
>>62619922
Basically, you had hippie assholes calling them baby killers and murderers even though most were conscripted and forced to go, (besides the fact 99.9% didn't commit war crimes) and WWII vets calling them cowards for "losing" the war (even though it was lost at the strategic level that 99.9% had nothing to do with)
>>
>>62619899
Tgose men signed up to do what they thought was defending their country. Regardless of how your views are on the vietnam war or the conflicts in the middle east, those "fucks" still deserve a bit of respect. Channel your anger at the politicians, they are the ones making money fueled botched decisions.
>>
>>62619922
Because there's a large public perception that we "lost" that war and there was a heavy anti war sentiment going around then. A lot of the vets were considered losers by other vets or they were just associated with a war we weren't suppose to be involved with.
>>
>>62619899
You can at least feel bad for the ones drafted you evil conservashit
>>
>>62619899
Most soldiers in Vietnam volunteered. And most atrocities committed in Vietnam were perpetrated by Vietnamese or South Korean soldiers.
>>
greatest generation were just as big dick to the boomers as the boomers are to us
>>
>>62619984
Forgot the best one
>Rambo's trademark scrap poncho was just shit they found laying around to keep Stallone a bit warmer, just like in the film. They only had one copy and almost lost it once
>>
>>62619990
Those*
>>
>>62620013
I'm pretty sure that anon's the furthest thing from being conservative if he's shittalking veterans
>>
>>62619766
How did ze Germans treat their vets, anyway?
>>
>>62619163
Viet Nam vets were drafted. They had no choice. I thought it was a little unrealistic after they got him to the station and did a background check on him and saw he was a vet and still started to physically abuse him.
>>
>>62619968
>killing
>heroism
>>
>>62620110
>shitposting on a japanese imageboard
>heroic
>>
>>62619989
Being conscripted is sort of a shitty excuse for killing people who've done nothing to you.
>>
>>62619990
Agreed, Johnson really fucked them up the ass with Gulf of Tonkin.
>>
>>62619899

>Vietnam War
>Pointless

It went godawful on both sides. You only hear "BOOHOO DA EBIL BABY KILLIN AMERICANS" because communist kikes run the media. The Vietcong suffered heavily as well and wasn't anywhere near as dominant or destructive as the PRC or its neighbors. And it was effective in halting the progression of communism in SE Asia.

From a morale standpoint, yeah we lost Vietnam. From an everything else standpoint, we won in spades. Don't believe the kike media. Like how it seems that every platoon killed women and children, when only a very small portion ever did.

Shit Vietnam loves America. Only ones who even bothered to help after the french shat the bed.
>>
>>62620110
>killing non-whites
>not heroism
>>
>>62619984
>Stallone really hates the jokey scenes with the Reserves

What scenes were those?
>>
>>62619990
Personally, I think ''hero'' is too abused.

In the military sense, hero implies someone risking their life and performing impossible deeds for the sake of some ideal.
>>
File: 1445975570390.jpg (35 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1445975570390.jpg
35 KB, 480x360
>>62620110
>being a pacifist
>>
>>62620168
The guys who corner Rambo in the mine and argue about what to do. "You get him", "I'm not going in there" stuff like that
>>
File: lbj beagle torture.jpg (25 KB, 290x396) Image search: [Google]
lbj beagle torture.jpg
25 KB, 290x396
>>62620152
Johnson was a fucking asshole, I honestly don't get why he's so highly revered by historians when literally everything he did made this country worse and left it in a fucking mess for Nixon (not that I like Nixon but still).
>>
>>62619984
>Kirk Douglas CO character wants to kill Rambo himself
>Rambo, betrayed by everyone in an uncaring civvie world, goes even more Rambo: First Blooder
>we will never see prime Sly snarling and muttering in Kirk Douglas' face as he slices off strips from it
>>
>>62620169
I never said they were heroes, but they are definitely not fucks is the point i was trying to make.
>>
>>62619984
>3 hour cut of First Blood
I kind of want to see this even if it is a mess, I still wish the ending was a bit longer.
>>
>>62620154
Proves the point, murica was looking the wrong way while the Khmer Rouge massacred half the population. What did war against Ho Chi Minh achieve? Nothing. China: still communist. Vietnam: still communist. Laos: still communist. Cambodia: still poorand full of western pedophiles.
>>
>>62619163
he fucking smelled like shit.

If there was smell-o-vision you'd hate him too.
>>
>>62620001
The U.S. lost the Vietnam War pretty badly. Real war isn't about your kill/death ratio, it's about accomplishing strategical goals. The U.S. didn't in Vietnam.
>>
>>62620263
I think it was mostly just a lot more shit in the woods. Sounded more like a bad rough cut than a real 3 hour movie
>>
>>62620110
Dont worry, you can shitpost under that nice warm blanket of freedom provided to you courtesy of soliders who had the balls to fight for their country.
>>
Baby boomers are the worst. They fucked up everything and condescend everyone born after the 1940's.
>>
File: thefuture.jpg (50 KB, 509x380) Image search: [Google]
thefuture.jpg
50 KB, 509x380
>>62620040
unless your an old fart Gen-Xer like myself...this statement doesn't really apply to the Gen-Y/Millenials...cause man we have probably been far too easy on them as a counter to what was done to us...oops.
>>
File: 3306799.jpg (41 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
3306799.jpg
41 KB, 300x300
>>62620001
>Because there's a large public perception that we "lost" that war

a mark of a great nation, even losing is winning. fuck the police
>>
>>62620294
Ever thought there could be a scene of Rambo supplexing elk innawoods in all that footage? Man could dream.
>>
>>62620319
WW2 and Vietnam are not the same thing m8. How did Vietnam an Iraq male me free exactly?
>>
>>62620099
now that they ran out of living high profile nazis any surviving veteran is in court for participating in the holocaust
>>
>>62620319
Nah, Viet Cong would have implemented internet as well had they invaded and occupied Washington and Silicon Valley. Americlap freedumbs don't have a monopoly on shitposting.
>>
>>62620481

I thought they were busy becoming the Caliphate of Germany in Allah's Name to bother persecuting WW2 vets.
>>
File: laughing lizard.jpg (134 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
laughing lizard.jpg
134 KB, 500x333
>>62620264
>China: still communist
There isn't a shred of Communism to be found in China. They're a one-party state that rejects class struggle.
>>
>>62620458
Well, Iraq safeguarded the U.S. economy which is built on the petrodollar which Saddam was threatening by deciding to switch to petroeuro.
>>
>>62620535
Yes, but you see, there's a real world that exists side-by-side of your imaginary one.
>>
>>62620537
America equates not-democracy with tyranny remember. The Chinese government is pretty much synchronous with the CCP but yes, all the Maoist principles are gone. So the question again is what was America fighting for in Asia and did they achieve it?
>>
Rambo was treated like shit because they needed a reason to rail against authority in the movie. Vietnam vets were treated poorly by homosexuals in California. Nobody else gave a shit one way or the other.
>>
>>62620598
[Spoiler]I'm not American
>>
File: Sniperde.jpg (68 KB, 740x555) Image search: [Google]
Sniperde.jpg
68 KB, 740x555
>>62619989
>>62620001

I see, thanks!
Allow me to chime my opinion, I think that it was due to the perception of defeat, I mean, Marines were using white phosphorus during Fallujah, which at least is not conventional, yet, vets now for what I see are respected in the USA, and the SJWs are at least as bad as the hippies.
>>
>>62619163
The selfish boomer lost Vietnam!!!
>>
>>62619393
>tfw Jungle niggers took 10x more of our men than sand niggers have

Fuck them, glad Agent Orange turned their kids into fucking abominations.
>>
>>62619163
I always just took it as a story not so much about that particular period, but people demonizing and rejecting others who'd seen a lot of shit, causing them to break. Maybe not the intention, but that's the angle that interests me.
>>62620713
Much of the world is built on the U.S. economy, as evident by the recent depression. There's a reason Europe got in on the Gadaffi beatdown: he too was threatening the petrodollar, but also American and European long-term interests in Africa, by seeking to strengthen the continent through the creation of a pan-African bank and gold reserve.
>>
>>62620154
Just re-read this and
>communist kikes
>communist
>kikes
>>
>>62620888
Remember, they are everywhere.
>>
>>62619868
>wanted to become reds
>wanted
They had no choice, mate.
Ho Chi Minh was a westaboo. He loved Washington, apple pie, and baseball. During the Versailles talks he went up to Woodrow Wilson, blushing and stuttered "N-n-notice me sempai" Hoping for regulatory assistance against French tyranny that had plagueed his country. Wilson proceed to slap Ho Chi Minh and declare "Fuck you slant eye". Afterwards he and the committee proceeded to check off managing the Middle Eastern countries as high on the list of priorities, African territories second, and relegated all issues related to Asia to the Japanese super power the US spent the late 19th century building up.
Faced with no support, frankly scorn, from the latest leader his role model country had to offer, the continued oppressive economic rule of France, and the massive shitpile Japan had to offer the entire Paciific region. Siding with the only ideology that was actually doing shit in the region was the only choice there was.
>>62620154
>Like how it seems that every platoon killed women and children, when only a very small portion ever did.
CIA guy did it better anyway.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_Program#Allegations_of_torture
>>
File: based1.jpg (191 KB, 1536x1024) Image search: [Google]
based1.jpg
191 KB, 1536x1024
>>62619163
thats what made the film work my friend
>>
>>62620916
You know what communist doctrine says about private ownership, right?
>>
>>62620938

VIETNAM, I'M CIA
>>
>>62620535
leftists are juggling all matter of incompatable ideologies/positions
>>
>>62620958
It's a plot. No, not a plot, a scheme.
>>
>>62620888
>Implying Jews weren't heavily involved in the Bolshevik's Russian Revolution
>>
>>62620974
China, you don't get to bring friends
>>
2 things pissed me off when I visited murika:

1 - terrorism paranoia - it's the gubment keeping you dumb and scared, you fat fucks
2 - sucking military cock at all times - morons who volunteer to kill people or to be killed are animals. They don't deserve any respect. They don't have any brains to do something better with their lives and are just robots.
>>
>>62620938
>pulls a halfassed tl'dr saying nothing
yes wanted, the fuck wanted. instead he wouldn't do it. also why the fuck did america care if he chosen it or not. why the fuck did we had to send our people to fight a guy that didn't hate us and even liked us at the begining as you "notice me senpai" said.

the war was a fucking bullshit, and any soldier that didn't desert deserves to be seen as shit.
>>
File: lbj-niggers.jpg (17 KB, 397x269) Image search: [Google]
lbj-niggers.jpg
17 KB, 397x269
>>62620219
This guy was something else. He said this and it's happening.
>>
>>62620800
>invade a country
>expect them to not fuck you up as much as they possibly can
I get that if you're press ganged into service that you hate your assigned enemy, because your life sucks and they're trying to kill you, but when you're a low-twenties kid in 2015 who's never had to deal with them, you should look at it objectively.
>>
>>62619313
Vietkong shouldn't have hid behind babies then.
>>
>>62619471
>For this reason alone americans will always hate having a large standing army
What? Conservatives get hard and cry patriotic tears of absolute bliss whenever their military fucks up some brown people.
>>
>>62621292
>implying blacks would vote for lesser government programs

That's like expecting spics to vote for Trump.
>>
File: 1444174014880.jpg (42 KB, 280x309) Image search: [Google]
1444174014880.jpg
42 KB, 280x309
>>62621435
Yes, anon, reality is literally a Horsey comic.
>>
>>62621514
>not recognizing humorous hyperbole
Where do you fall on the spectrum, autoismo?
>>
the entire movie is shill/apologist movie for the army the good guy general is there for the rambo because nobody in society was

god i hate american propaganda because it's so shit

at leats come & see and 9th company are good
>>
>>62621562
>I was merely pretending to be retarded

An excellent troll, rusemaster.
>>
>>62621108
Because nation builders don't like it when other nations build themselves. And because proto-e-peen. America had started taking notice of Vietnam during the Indochina war, even tossed assistance to the oppressive force out of lulz.
But when France start pulling the fuck out, so fast that their citizens chimped out at the government daring to abandon foreign legion troops in the jungle, America saw a chance to display its large penis. It got more and more excited when French president proceed to advise America to refrain from sticking its dick in the jungle.
>>
>>62621472
That's the point. He knew what to do in order to secure votes party. He pretended give a shit about the civil rights as well.
>>
>>62621679
>I'll pretend he's trolling and hope he falls for it and explains why he's not trolling, that'll get him good xD
>>
>>62621435
And then complain at the thought of having to pay taxes to take care of them once they've come home injured or traumatized.
>>
>>62619502
>but America was never the same place after 60s.
I actually fully blame women, feminism and giving bleeding cunts the right to vote.
Whenever women get too much say in a society, civilization crumbles away and goes down the shitter and history books prove me right.
>>
>>62621798
>hates government programs, derides them as notoriously ineffective in every way
>loves the military and medicare
I present to you: The average ameritard conservaturd.
>>
The US likes soldiers, but hate veterans because then they have to deal with PTSD-riddled guys, pensions, VA hospitals, etc.

Look at US society and how it quickly forgot about WWI. By the early 1920's, everyone wanted to focus on the good times instead of that European war they got dragged into. Meanwhile there was a fuckton of guys whose lungs got affected by mustard gas and whatnot. Not to mention filth in the trenches, disease, rats, shell shock from massive bombardments, etc.
>>
File: 1439785466570.png (198 KB, 550x535) Image search: [Google]
1439785466570.png
198 KB, 550x535
So in the end, are the boomers really fucking us up in the ass?
>>
>>62621883
Yes.

I say we kill everyone that was born before.. 1985?
>>
>>62621883
It's an ouroborass.
>>
>>62620102
You seem to not include the most important variable in your equation: the human condition!

You will find sadistic fucks and shitheads who will start pestering you and pushing you just because and you will find those in every walk of life and social class. No exception.
And then you have the followers.
>>
File: fb.jpg (17 KB, 324x350) Image search: [Google]
fb.jpg
17 KB, 324x350
NOTHING IS OVER
>>
>>62619471
>For this reason alone americans will always hate having a large standing army
Are you kidding? Any suggestion of downsizing military spending is likened to disbanding the army by most conservatives
>>
>>62621902
AGE WAR NOW!!!!
>>
>>62621972
What's the human condition?
>>
>>62620102
>Viet Nam vets were drafted.
Untrue. A higher percentage of WW2 soldiers were drafted compared to Vietnam
>>
>>62621982

I could fly a chopper! I could drive a tank! I was in charge of million-dollar equipment, but now I can't even keep a job parking cars!
>>
>>62621647
srs? it's the opposite, John Rambo became Viet Cong in his own country, and local arrogant, power-tripping cops are, you guessed it, the analog for Big Hi-Tech Murka Army fucking shit up so far below their weight class.
>>
>>62622060
were soldiers returned after one year in ww2 though? that shit fucks up the cohesion of a unit.
>>
>>62622032
isis, mao, nazi germany, pol pot, the israel-palestine conflict, ww1 gas attacks, etc.
>>
>>62622113
The only person to be respectful and understanding of Rambo is the General fro the Army
>>
>>62622060
So Nam vets were drafted.
>>
>>62619393
People always shit on Stallone but this part of the movie felt so real, brought me to tears
>>
>>62622161
Because he knows how much damage John (VC guerrilas) can do. You kill enough of the otherside and the otherside kills enough of you, you start thinking there's not much difference between opposing sides after all.
>>
>>62622166
So any excuses you make for Nam vets carries over to WW2 vets
>>
>>62622146
So the human condition didn't exist before the 20th century? I mean, assuming it's fine to disregard Mao's youth.
>>
>>62622108
I'm a liberal and hate war, but it astounds me that the US government and society didn't try to help their returning soldiers ease back into civilian life. Or make sure they weren't addled with psychological problems.

The fact that a lot of them got afflicted with Agent Orange and developed illness pisses the fuck out of me.
>>
>>62622234
What excuses? That they were drafted?
>>
>>62622322
Whatever that guy meant by "they had no choice", I'm not even sure. WW2 vets had no choice too, but they weren't treated the same. Its more complex than being drafted
>>
File: 1329966014726.jpg (11 KB, 295x309) Image search: [Google]
1329966014726.jpg
11 KB, 295x309
>>62619868
> implying terrible shit doesn't happen to both sides during any and all wars
>>
File: Ow_the_edge.jpg (38 KB, 400x366) Image search: [Google]
Ow_the_edge.jpg
38 KB, 400x366
>>62622283
>The fact that a lot of them got afflicted with Agent Orange and developed illness pisses the fuck out of me.
Good, less welfare queens. Next US war should have depleted uranium in every grunt weapon issued.
Oh, don't worry. I'll post it so you don't have to.
>>
>>62622510
>more people develop health issues
>this leads to less welfare recipients
I don't quite follow your train of logic.
>>
>>62621514
No, they cry because poor people are sent to kill other poor brown people for corporate reasons. Retard.

That being said, we should switch to biofuels and stop dealing with that region. The reason we are allies with israel is cause they can fuck the mudslimes on our behalf. Stop depending on foreign energy and we can be isolationist again. Fucking Brazil has that shit, but we don't. BRAZIL.
>>
>>62621834
Name them.
>>
>>62619885
Rookie beta officer. Should have shoot that dude first sign of no compliance. Moron let him put his hands in his pockets, charge him and go back in his car. He even yelled at him to put his gun down instead of just shooting him. Guy just wasn't cut out for it.
>>
remake when
>starring Marky Mark
>he's in a vietnamese hood in LA or something
>>
File: 1410384629176.png (60 KB, 776x723) Image search: [Google]
1410384629176.png
60 KB, 776x723
>>62619885
>very graphic
>can't see shit what is happening.
>>
>>62620748
Vietnam wasnt so clear cut and it pissed people off basically. People cant get behind a "police action". Middle east wars also piss people off but they're slightly less grey, cause the US WAS attacked after all. Also just not wanting to treat vets like shit again.

>inb4 MUH JET STEEL BEAMS

please
>>
>>62619163
Because he was a homeless vet with deep emotional and mental problems. After Vietnam happened, there were all of a sudden a shitload of them, no one in small towns wanted them there because they brought nothing but trouble.

It isn't that America doesn't like vets, we just don't like disturbed vets.
>>
>>62619885
yo that was pretty fuckin nuts
>>
>>62622830
>We don't like it when the society we have created creates individuals like John Rambo.
you take the good with the bad
>>
>>62622746
It was a media war against the war in vietnam that did us in. We had the technology to show the horrors of war realitvely quickly, and it was used to emphasize your point. Our soldiers were dying for a not-so-clear cause, tune in later for video! Fuck that POS anchor, whatshisname who had the public's sway. We were close to winning, too.

And I'm a liberal. A strong military and a strong populace means a strong country.
>>
File: 574685794680.jpg (46 KB, 651x386) Image search: [Google]
574685794680.jpg
46 KB, 651x386
>>62619163
>Hear about Rambo: First blood my entire life
>never seen it
>Expected a gritty vietnam war movie with a high kill count
>Finally see it
>It's a mentally unstable timebomb drifter film about a guy who flees into the woods and kills a shitload of cops then assaults a town
>>
>>62621332
>invade
We didn't invade them. We were trying to stop the north and the VC from invading the south.

inb4 "no that's not what happened"
>>
>>62620748
It mostly has to do with the changing demographic in the U.S.
We're more nationalistic and conservative than our parents.
Ignore the tumblr antifagots. they're a tiny tiny minority
We were raised hearing stories about how poorly our parents generation treated nam vets
When our turn came along, we all decided to suck uncle sam's dick
>>
>>62622972

He kills one cop the entire film. And a couple of dogs.
>>
>>62622986
So you were trying to stop a natural civil war go fuck yourself fucking american
>>
>>62619352
Actually no they dont.

This generation of war was voluntary blood thirsty punks that were willing to destroy somethimg even dumber than vietnam.

They dont show us most of their neglegent acts.
>>
>>62623017
The doctrine of the time was to stop the spread of communism. Sure it looks dumb in hindsight and is regrettable now. Go ahead and get mad at me and all Americans if you want (not sure what that will accomplish), I'm just trying to explain what happened
>>
>>62620219
you know there is a story that Johnson once tied a stick of dynamite to a dog and lit it
>>
I know an old Vietnam vet who kinda looks like Charles Manson who everytime he sees me (which is fairly regular because we work in the same place, for different people though) that I should join the service because "killin is good for ya!" He's a nice guy honestly.
>>
>>62623017
>a natural civil war
It was a proxy war. The VC were being supplied by the Chinese, and the US doctrine of containment and domino theory made our participation necessary.
>>
File: 1436912771957.png (226 KB, 680x818) Image search: [Google]
1436912771957.png
226 KB, 680x818
>>62622972
>kills a shitload of cops
>assaults a town

You didn't watch it, did you?
>>
>>62623149
a doctrine that turned out to be wrong
>>
>>62623178
Yeah, but partly because things changed. Obviously it seems silly because the USSR collapsed and China and Vietnam liberalized/globalized their economies. But at the time we didn't know that was going to happen. If, in 1962, we knew Vietnam was going to be "communist" but be peaceful trading partners who supply us with cheap shit products we never would have gotten involved

Hindsight is 20/20. The average American over 40 still thinks "communism/socialism" is a boogeyman
>>
>>62622283

there's few governments and societies that take care of their soldiers desu.
soldiers are merely viewed as disposable things. you trade your life in exchange for a monthly salary. that's basically what you do.
they own you in a sense.
not that it's bad or anything, I'm not a pacifist by any means. but if you put these guys in unnecessary situations and they come back as cripples or dead. you'd better take responsibility for sending them there and make sure they're taken care of at home.
>>
>>62622900

> We were close to winning

Kek no you weren't.
>>
>>62619393
Trautman: You did everything to make this private war happen. You've done enough damage. This mission is over, Rambo. Do you understand me? This mission is over! Look at them out there! Look at them! If you won't end this now, they will kill you. Is that what you want? It's over Johnny. It's over!

Rambo: Nothing is over! Nothing! You just don't turn it off! It wasn't my war! You asked me, I didn't ask you! And I did what I had to do to win! But somebody wouldn't let us win! And I come back to the world and I see all those maggots at the airport, protesting me, spitting. Calling me baby killer and all kinds of vile crap! Who are they to protest me, huh? Who are they? Unless they've been me and been there and know what the hell they're yelling about!

Trautman: It was a bad time for everyone, Rambo. It's all in the past now.

Rambo: For *you*! For me civilian life is nothing! In the field we had a code of honor, you watch my back, I watch yours. Back here there's nothing!

Trautman: You're the last of an elite group, don't end it like this.

Rambo: Back there I could fly a gunship, I could drive a tank, I was in charge of million dollar equipment, back here I can't even hold a job *parking cars*!
>>
>>62623352

Go read about the Paris Peace Accords.

Of course a stupid pleb like you has never even heard of them
>>
>>62622186
stalone is a good actor even in a shity movie like over the top he managed to make you feel
>>
>>62623362
inb4 4u
>>
The amount of ignorance about the Vietnam War in this thread is fucking astounding. Just goes to show know nothing edge lords love to talk shit
>>
>>62623383

Yes, I also studied history in highschool.

> Making a peace treaty
> Winning

Pick one

Winning in a war is accomplishing your goals, Germany lost WW2 because they didn't implement Nazi fascism all over the world, the allies (IE, mostly Britain) accomplished their goals of kicking the Germans all the way back to Germany and then some and so won.

The Americans getting rustled by guerrilla tactics until they ask or peace isn't winning you fucking mong.
>>
>>62623352
Many countries, not just the US, could have taken out north Vietnam.

The point was trying to put them in a stalemate without provoking China or Russia (I can't remember whose side was on whose at that time). We fucked up at doing that and through honest journalism the public was violently against the war.
>>
>>62623460
in the end of the war after the saigon attacks there were almost no more viets to fight the regular army was crushed by this failure
educate yourself
>>
File: 1427649334832.jpg (151 KB, 1012x675) Image search: [Google]
1427649334832.jpg
151 KB, 1012x675
>watch Rambo, mostly knowing him for being a legendary action film hero famous for gunning down guys with big ass machine guns
>Rambo 1 is a tragic story about a traumatized vet pushed too far, only fatalities are an unintentional kill by a thrown rock and some dogs
>watch Rambo 2
>dude kills hundreds of people, pithy retread of the first film's message stuck in

Why?
>>
>>62623514
>saigon attacks
Tet Offensive*
>>
>>62623488

> Many countries, not just the US, could have taken out north Vietnam.

Except the US couldn't take them out.

> The point was trying to put them in a stalemate

No, the point was a South Vietnam victory, not a stalemate, who the fuck joins a fight wanting a tie?

Anywho, I'm out, gotta better stuff to do than argue with Amerikeks who want to ignore history to retain the delusional belief they're the best country.

Daily reminder America was successfully invaded by Canada.
>>
>>62623460
>implement Nazi fascism all over the world,
I sometimes doubt that was their goal
>mostly Britain
and the USSR
>>
>>62623555
>>Daily reminder America was successfully invaded by Canada.
wut
>>
>>62623488
Of course the U.S. had the military power to win. You had enough nukes to annihilate virtually anything alive in the country. Nobody doubts that. But in the end the U.S. did not win, because war is not some comparison of military might devoid of other influence. Was the U.S. military beaten? No. Did the U.S. fail to accomplish what it set out to do? Yes. Then it lost.
>>
>>62623460
>hur read your history!
>believes propaganda that Nazi Germany wanted to conquer the world
>>
>>62619163

> white
> male
> veteran
> straight
> poor

Literally the lowest form of shit in society.
>>
>>62623460
>Winning in a war is accomplishing your goals

Yeah, and we did for a full year. If you really did study history you would know America got everything it wanted in the Peace Accords.

But your baby brain still views war in video game terms and you cant comprehend that war is much more complicated than that.

Stick to your shitty call of duty games and leave the history to the big boys ok?

>hurr I know, I played that level on hard mode!
>>
>implying you can discuss vietnam when 70% of the site is bitter foreigners
>>
>>62623581
1812, British soldiers burned down the White House. Edgy Canadians wanting to feel important claim they did it.
>>
>>62623581
war of 1812
>>
>>62623555
I'm not denying that America "lost" if that's what you want to hear. I'm just saying that the point was to defend south Vietnam (which was being invaded by the north) and it wasn't America's goal to invade there north. You are straight up wrong about that.

>who fights for a tie?
That literally happened in the Korean War. It's pretty obvious that's what was the attempt but shit went way worse in Vietnam than Korea

>>62623605
I have no problem with any of this.

It's just silly that some claim the US lost because we didn't commit to some all out invasion of Hanoi
>>
File: vomit-clipart-throw_up.jpg (29 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
vomit-clipart-throw_up.jpg
29 KB, 400x400
>>62623581
>successfully invaded by Canada.
>>62623666
>>62623679

>there are people who consider themselves intelligent who actually believe this
>>
>>62623699

Korean war wasn't really a tie. It was like failing a conversion after scoring a touchdown. Objective was to save thw south. Mission accomplished. Then they decided to pull a Patton and gun for the north too and got repelled.

Vietnam was a straight loss. Coulda been a drawer if the south showed some fucking backbone.
>>
>>62623807
The problem with Vietnam is that we didn't really understand why the Vietnamese were fighting and why most of them, North and South, didn't really want us there.

They didn't give a shit about Containment Strategy or the Soviets, for the Vietnamese the war was about Self-Determination. It didn't matter if it was the French, the Americans or the Soviets they were just tired of round-eyes telling them how to run their country.

Imagine if the British had tried to turn the American Civil War in to a proxy war with the French or the Germans, we'd have been pretty pissed.
>>
>>62623807
The reason we "lost" vietnam was because we weren't fighting a war, just a series of police actions.

You're never going to win a war without taking territory.
>>
>>62622988
Ah I see, you don`t have that kind of insight from abroad, thanks.
>>
>>62619945
best answer in thread as usual with no consenting response

typical 4chan in 2015

>>62619419

what are you even talking about
there was heroin use in Vietnam but I don't think the majority of the users kept at it when they got home. theres specific mention of how addicts from nam could just drop their habits when they came back. of course its not that black and white but still.
>>
File: 1443790462553.jpg (29 KB, 587x470) Image search: [Google]
1443790462553.jpg
29 KB, 587x470
>>62620030
>>
>>62624086
Also we were sort of up our own asses with the whole "Caveman in his pajamas" bullshit and failed to realize that VC didn't have to capture ground to beat us, they just had to dig in and wait for us to get tired of being there.

See also: the Soviets and Afghanistan.
>>
>>62625453
why are you saying "us"? you weren't there bruh. Are you even in the military or a vet?
>>
>>62625631
I didn't say "us", I said "we."
>>
File: 1440711527252.jpg (17 KB, 288x293) Image search: [Google]
1440711527252.jpg
17 KB, 288x293
>>62620598
oh lord tell us another one
>>
>>62619248

This.

Some places were better than others, but in many places (especially the west coast) the vets got treated like garbage after they got back. Many, if they were wearing their military clothing or had the military haircut would get bottles and rocks thrown at them, and get ganged up on by people and beaten up.

A shame.

And yet, we're in another pointless war today.
>>
>>62622186

So so much this.

Stallone can act for sure. It's just that after Rambo, he never really needed to. And I guess didn't really want to.
>>
>>62626101
>2015
>people still repeating this urban legend horseshit
>>
>>62620030
>Most soldiers in Vietnam volunteered
I was about to post a condescending face but I'm curious to the actual statistics behind this. Perhaps that was true up until like 1966 or something but after that I very much doubt it
>>
Military. It's essentially a declaration that you've lost the game.

Think about it. The power of free will and you *still* settle for slavery. Wonderful, no?

From an early age, you're influenced by your environment. Your parents (or lack of), teachers (in some manner, shape or form) and other mentors can help steer your life in a direction, whichever direction that may actually be.

However, during all of this, if you're still alive and have most of your bodily functions, there are a whole world of opportunities available to you. Especially in this day and age of technological marvels and the wonders of the Internet to provide information (and, of course, misinformation.)

The military should not even be an option, at this point, because not only is there enough information to suggest that joining it is only for those who've allowed themselves to be brainwashed by a military-industrial complex keen on retaining what power they have left ... but there is also enough information available for people to make their own decisions on what they'd like to do, instead.

Still, people join. They wish to be broken down and remoulded in somebody else's image.

This is a sign of weakness. Of allowing one's self to be influenced and corrupted by those with power and ambition. Essentially, those who join the military are no-better than mindless sheep.

>tl;dr: Join the military? You're a faeces-flinging, irradiated, nuclear-powered rhesus monkey who enjoys others making decisions for you.
>>
Anyone read the book? It's a pretty good thriller, and boy does Rambo rack up a body count.
>>
File: 89838064.jpg (35 KB, 506x337) Image search: [Google]
89838064.jpg
35 KB, 506x337
>>62623362
>never been in the military
>can't hold a job

I'm pathetic
>>
>>62626524
I'd say closer to 1970, but you're not far off. Most Americans supported or were indifferent to the war until it started to become clear it was a lost cause. The draft-card burning hippies were a minority that made for good news days.

Also a lot of guys volunteered in the hopes of getting a better position in the military. If you got drafted, you were most likely going in to the infantry but if you volunteered you had a better chance at another MOS.

One of my friend's Dad volunteered for the Navy in the hopes of not going in-country, unfortunately he wound up as a gunner on a river patrol boat.
>>
File: 1446660942114.jpg (51 KB, 557x711) Image search: [Google]
1446660942114.jpg
51 KB, 557x711
>>62626634
>>
File: Parkinson's The Clown.jpg (57 KB, 1024x536) Image search: [Google]
Parkinson's The Clown.jpg
57 KB, 1024x536
>>62626901

There he is. There he goes again. Look, everyone! He posted it once again! Isn't he just the funniest guy around?! Oh my God.

I can almost see your pathetic overweight frame glowing in the dark, lit by your computer screen which is the only source of light in your room, giggling like a like girl as you once again post your little picture and fill in the captcha. Or maybe you don't even fill in the captcha. Maybe you're such a disgusting NEET that you actually paid for a 4chan pass, so you just choose the picture. Oh, and we all know the picture. The epic "tips fedora", isn't it? I imagine you little shit laughing so hard as you click it that you drop your Doritos on the floor, but it's ok, your mother will clean it up in the morning. Oh, that's right. Did I fail to mention? You live with your mother. You are a fat fucking fuckup, she's probably so sick of you already. So sick of having to do everything for you all goddamn day, every day, for a grown man who spends all his time on 4chan posting about others presumably being autistic. Just imagine this. She had you, and then she thought you were gonna be a scientist or an astronaut or something grand, and then you became a NEET. A pathetic samefag fedoratip-posting NEET. She probably cries herself to sleep everyday thinking about how bad it is and how she wishes she could just disappear. She can't even try to talk with you because all you say is "TIPS FEDORA TIPS FEDORA TIPS FEDORA." You've become a parody of your own self. And that's all you are. A sad little man laughing in the dark by himself as he prepares to indulge in the same old dance that he's done a million times now. And that's all you'll ever be.
>>
File: 1411280750882.png (104 KB, 300x310) Image search: [Google]
1411280750882.png
104 KB, 300x310
>>62626634
Christ alive, I hope this post is copypasta bait and you didn't actually type this thinking you were in any way profound.
>>
>>62626951

When did you realize the military is nothing more than just another cult, /tv/?

>approach you on the street or in recruiting stations with promises of money, benefits, and glory
>never tell you about what you'll be subjected or how you'll be manipulated into basing your entire identity on your role in the organization
>indoctrinate their recruits into believing they're joining the most noble organization in the world
>once a recruit signs a legally binding document forfeiting their civil liberties, they are taken to a hotel where they are watched to ensure they don't run away
>the next day they are taken to a training facility where they will be told how to be an efficient worker
>at basic training the recruit's sense of identity is broken down so that they base their entire identity around their membership in the cult
>recruits are taught to blindly follow the orders of the leadership hierarchy, and are brainwashed into believing it was their idea to do so
>>
File: smegma.png (910 KB, 1069x627) Image search: [Google]
smegma.png
910 KB, 1069x627
>>62626989

>different branches are taught to view the others as inferior; i.e., members of the Air Force are told they're smarter than Marines, Marines are told they're tougher than soldiers, and every other branch thinks the Navy is a bunch of faggots
>this manufactured infighting causes the members of each branch to become more loyal to its chain of command
>everyone is forced to dress and look the same way, and their sense of privacy or control over their environment in their tightly packed communal quarters (dormitories or barracks) is non-existent
>sentinels stand guard at the entrances of dormitories to make sure no one leaves the building, and if they do manage to escape they'll be trapped behind tall, barbed-wire fences
>members of the cult are relentlessly insulted and cajoled into doing chores for their instructors
>as part of the cult's mind-control techniques, recruits must sit through hundreds of hours of classes on military history, rules, and customs
>by the end of basic training, the effects of the reprogramming will be cemented in the recruits' minds, as they will proudly sing their branch song, carry out any task asked of them, and viciously attack anyone who questions the military's actions

Anyone who willingly joins the military, is no-better than anyone who willingly joins a cult.
>>
>>62626989
>tfw too much of a broken piece of shit to join the military

If I was just a bit less of a disaster I would've signed right up
>>
>>62626989
kicked out of MEPS for autism
>>
File: that's funny anon.jpg (60 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
that's funny anon.jpg
60 KB, 600x399
>>62627049
>>62627078

>by the end of basic training, the effects of the reprogramming will be cemented in the recruits' minds, as they will proudly sing their branch song, carry out any task asked of them, and viciously attack anyone who questions the military's actions

My last point illustrated brilliantly.
>>
>>62626634
No other job let me shoot machine guns and blow shit up when I was 18.
>>
>>62619163
There was some extra lore somewhere that stated that the police chief was a Korean war veteran and mad at rambo because his war was very popular and every remembered / made movies of it where the Korean war is known as the "forgotten war" and thus harbors resentment.
>>
>>62623534
I never watched either of the Rocky or Rambo sequels. Both are so perfect, I decided anything else set in the same universe would only take away from the original.
>>
File: First-Blood-book-cover.jpg (40 KB, 292x475) Image search: [Google]
First-Blood-book-cover.jpg
40 KB, 292x475
>>62627134
>There was some extra lore somewhere that stated that the police chief was a Korean war veteran
Yeah, the book. I was surprised to find out First Blood of all things originated from a book.
>>
>>62626989
cause you actually do get paid
>>
>>62626989
all jobs do the same shit, ALL of them. but basically if you're not a fucking idiot you learn to distinguish your job from your personality and can handle doing a job and then living your life.

you don't have to believe in a product to sell it. you don't need to drink the kool aid to be a soldier, it's just a job dude.
>>
Teasle being a vet is in the movie too

>When Rambo is believed to have been killed in mine attack by the National Guardsmen, Teasle returns to his office. Behind him, you can clearly see a display case that displays three medals. The three medals, from right to left, are: the Silver Star, The Purple Heart, and the Army Distinguished Service Cross Medals. These indicate Teasle was a highly decorated Korean War hero as both the Silver Star and ADSC are awarded for extreme valor and bravery in enemy combat. The subtext of the book was a battle of different war tactics, for this reason; this is underplayed in the film.
>>
>>62627110
Dude I know that joined the navy seems happier than I am but again I didn't have a choice
>>
>>62626921
Stop trying so hard. No ones gonna read a paragraph that big faggot.
>>
>>62627134
not saying you're wrong or anything, but i dont see how he could believe that considering veterans of vietnam got shit on plenty. it certainly wasn't a popular war. but yea korea was never a declared war and it's legacy is very weird considering how brutal it was.
>>
HEARTS ON FIRE, STRONG DESIRE
>>
File: Babby.png (379 KB, 468x396) Image search: [Google]
Babby.png
379 KB, 468x396
>>62627313
No one in the military is. They aren't trained to seek knowledge. They're trained to destroy it.
>>
>>62627363
It's a father/son thing, and Teasle also represented the establishment among other things, David Morrell spells out pretty well in "Lessons on writing," and yes I'm shilling for Morrell, he's a good man.
>>
>>62619248

They didn't know he was a vet until after they arrested him.
>>
To me, Rambo reads a lot like a horror movie told from the villain/monster's POV. He's so reluctant to hurt anyone, but he can't be stopped.
>>
File: 1443455157279.jpg (15 KB, 172x120) Image search: [Google]
1443455157279.jpg
15 KB, 172x120
>>62627414
Is they why they get free access to universities, and many positions require a degree?
>>
>>62624960
Fuck off kid
>>
File: 1428986578549.jpg (146 KB, 375x550) Image search: [Google]
1428986578549.jpg
146 KB, 375x550
> mfw original First Blood ending
> John loses his mind and blows his brains out in front of Troutman
>>
>>62619254
>cross the world to kill people that doesnt even know how to spell united states
>burn villages, and rape asian girls and other dog eaters

>get hate in your country.

It's fine m8
>>
>>62627550

He's like The Hulk
>>
>>62619393
The first Rambo was so fucking good
>>
>>62628024
dude...that would take it to the deer hunter level.
First Blood is already fantastic...it could've been GOAT

>I'm glad he didn't kill himself
>>
>>62621292
https://www.reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/comments/2088gl
Not true, LBJ was a bully totally but he didn't pass the CRA for black votes. You should read Caro's biography sometime.
>>
>Americans actually still buy into the military culture
>americans think being an uneducated dropout who signs up to die in a war is actually something worthy of praise rather than becoming a doctor or a lawyer

shake my head to be honest family
>>
File: 1438871591170.jpg (169 KB, 746x746) Image search: [Google]
1438871591170.jpg
169 KB, 746x746
>>62619163

Several reasons, OP:

1] This was a time when veterans were generally being looked down upon. You have to appreciate just how unpopular Vietnam was. It was effectively the first televised war, and the horrors of war were scaring the shit out of the average person. Unfortunately, veterans caught most of the flak. This probably contributed greatly to their PTSD.

2] Vagrants/vagabonds can generate A LOT of mistrust, especially a homeless dude with no car and long hair in the 70s.

3] Small town cops have a serious habit of being absolute cocksuckers. The introduction scenes with the sheriff are very important - he constantly/aggressively greets every single person he sees. He forces them to acknowledge him, constantly, and he views the town as "his". Anything he doesn't like? It's gotta go. He's in charge.

All in all, brilliant movie. I only saw it for the first time a few months ago, and I'm 28.
>>
>>62619163
Really? Because he looked like a hippy. It's as simple as that.
>>
>>62621359
>Let me kill you.
>No
>Fucking cowards
>>
>>62619163
>Why did they treat Rambo like such shit in First Blood?

Because it would have been a really boring movie otherwise.
>>
>>62629459
>3] Small town cops have a serious habit of being absolute cocksuckers.

Can verify, grew up in Western South Dakota. Small town cops and rural sheriffs fucking LOVE power tripping on people, especially "outsiders".
>>
>>62623460
>Go to war to mitigate the effect an up and coming industrial country contributing to the commies in the cold war
>Completely and utterly destroy the infrastructure and industries of said country so that it literally cannot contribute anything to communism
>Didn't accomplish our goals

Yeah we actually pretty much tied with the commies. If you can't have it, make sure the other side can't.
>>
>>62629249
many people join because of them sweet benefits like the GI bill.
>>
>>62629249
>rather than become a doctor or lawyer
>lawyer

Okay there are a couple things wrong with your post
>>
>>62629249

Enjoy your liberty while it lasts, you weakling neurotic cry baby civie
>>
>Rocco didn't die at the end

what a cop out
>>
His last name was Rambo?
LMAO, I thought it was his first name all this time
>>
>>62619248
>america really didn't like vets during that time and still don't

It wasn't just that he was a vet in fact small town rednecks supported them. It was because he was a homeless drifter or bum of no means or future who had come into their small clean town and would invariably corrupt it in some way.
>>
because people in small towns are dicks to people different to them
>>
>>62619163

>Rambo just wanted breakfast

Rambo remake with Walter JR when?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1U4mvzp9Q5s
>>
File: holiday in.jpg (50 KB, 341x275) Image search: [Google]
holiday in.jpg
50 KB, 341x275
>>62623178
>a doctrine that turned out to be wrong
Yeah, it's not like any other countries turned communist with horrifying results as a direct consequence of the fall of Vietnam, amirite?
>>
>>62629604
Have you seen a hippie before?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.