[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just watched Harakiri. What Kobayashi movie should I watch next?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: Harakiri_Poster.jpg (25 KB, 300x442) Image search: [Google]
Harakiri_Poster.jpg
25 KB, 300x442
Just watched Harakiri. What Kobayashi movie should I watch next?
>>
bump for an actual movie thread
>>
>>61798147

go watch the remake
>>
The human condition is pretty slow for modern viewers and kinda hits you over the head with the message. I'd say skip unless you feel like you have to.

>in b4; babby's first nippovie
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 1280x532) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 1280x532
Want to see myself.
>Kuroneko
Have seen and liked very much.
>Onibaba

Golden age cinema is best.
>>
>>61798147
If you like samurai shit. Jump over to akira kurosawa. He has several. All very good. Prepare to be disappointed though. Despite what certain edgelords say seppuku is a very good movie. And let's just say some other more popular ones are slightly overrated.
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 400x300
How come these threads never take off?

It's like the fan base is as old as the directors.
>>
>>61798952
I'm watching it right now and I agree about the message part but that's actually not a very good criticism of the movie. The range of themes covered is so vast they had to broad brush certain aspects of the storytelling to capture that and as a result some of the unrest seems a bit too direct but it is still a major accomplishment in Japanese cinema.
>>
>>61799813
Intent not unrest
>>
>>61799813
I agree that it is good. Or at least interesting enough to a cinephile that it is watchable( i watched all 3). But it id very much too long. Especially in the begining. Other directors could have conveyed and actually have conveyed the same message. They can create the same feelings and attachment to characters more efficiently. Most convey things with dialogue/actions/visually. Kobayashi did all 3 multiple times. At almost every opportunity. That being said i liked it and appreciated almost every scene as a peice of a puzzle leading to madness.
>>
>>61798147
Check out Samurai Rebellion with based Toshiro
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.