[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Writing a short film
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Nygma.jpg (4 KB, 299x168) Image search: [Google]
Nygma.jpg
4 KB, 299x168
Peeps I gotta write a short film, help me. The story so far:

>Tim is a meek mild guy
>In boss' office for promotion interview
>Boss is like you basically got the job
>Tim sees Daniel staring in blankly
>Daniel is the weird fella in the office
>Time asks boss is Daniel is going for promotion
>Boss says yeah, he's weird but he's still a candidate
>Tim leaves
>Daniel goes in for interview after him
>Tim goes for coffee
>Ohai friend Alan
>Talk some shit about weird old Daniel
>Tim goes back towards desk
>Hears Boss laughing in office
>Looks in, Daniel is just sitting there, Boss is dying with laughter
>okthen.mpg
>Sits down
>Office door opens
>Daniel comes out
>Putting a note in his pocket
>Tim goes into office and asks about Daniels interview
>Boss is like fuck off Tim mind your own beeswax
>thatsweird.com
>Back to desk works for a few hours
>Looks across towards Daniels desk
>No Daniel
>Note on table
>Lets go
>Goes over and reads not
>Has friend Alan's name on
>Look to friend Alan's desk
>No friend Alan
>Hey guys you see where Alan went?
>He went to the bathroom
>Tim goes to bathroom
>Slowly opens door
>Hear crying
>Peek around
>Daniel has back to Tim
>He is perfectly still
>Opposite him is Alan
>Spilling his guts and crying
>Hugs Daniel
>Daniel uncaringly embraces Alan
>Tim quietly leaves
>whattheshit.jpeg
>Tim is worried he won't get the promotion

Dude is probably hypnotist. Or maybe Tim is just crazy somehow?

tl:dr Two people going for same promotion, one of them is weird, somehow starts making people love him instantly. Other guy is like "Ok how am I supposed to make sure I get this promotion"
>>
>>61780155
trash and start over
>>
File: vlcsnap-2014-09-30-16h00m58s224.jpg (147 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2014-09-30-16h00m58s224.jpg
147 KB, 1280x720
>>
>>61780155
You have zero talent. Stop trying to be "deep" you zilch.
>>
>>61780155
Any technical reason? Or are you just being a cunt?
>>
>>61780242
I don't plan to be a writer, this is just par for the course.
>>
The twist is the protagonist is an unreliable narrator and is actually an autistic person who sees people with actual basic social skills and empathy advancing faster than he is so instead of working on his social skills he comes up with a ridiculous notion that successful people have acquired hypnosis powers.
>>
>>61780299
I can't tell if you're joking or not, but either way I think that's pretty good. Could be difficult to show that though.
>>
ok.. so give Daniel some sort of trinket or something.. Something that tim starts to be 100% sure is giving Daniel some sort of powers.. Daniel owns up to it saying "this will get me the promotion".. Tim then starts to go really out of his way to get his hands on it..

blah blah blah Tim gets his hands on it some how and then the twist is the object is really something the boss keeps in his desk.. Boss walks out and see Tim holding it, so Tim gets fired and Daniel get the promotion.. then level everyone hanging as to if Daniel has any sort of powers or not..

being it's just a short film.. you need to get in, set a hook.. get to the pay off and get out.. Plus this way you can write out whatever amount you need and as soon as you hit whatever page/word limit you just have the boss walk out of his office randomly and boom.. tim's fired, Daniel gets his promotion.. story over..
>>
>>61780155
You bored me after first few ideas. You gotta be able to say what the short film is about in one sentence. If you go to a producer starting with "well it begins by this guy, Tim, and you see him and he's at some interview..." the producer will look at you and just ask you what the film is about and what you are doing here.
Just get to the point of what you wanna say.
>>
vampires in gay love
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.