[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are any of Mario Bava's Italian horror films worth seeing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 10
File: black_sunday_02.jpg (663 KB, 1822x2719) Image search: [Google]
black_sunday_02.jpg
663 KB, 1822x2719
Are any of Mario Bava's Italian horror films worth seeing?
>>
blood and black lace
>>
>>61741327
Does anyone else think this video for Self Control by Laura Branigan uses motifs from Blood and Black Lace?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8-pP4VboBk
>>
File: black-sabbath.jpg (323 KB, 1057x1500) Image search: [Google]
black-sabbath.jpg
323 KB, 1057x1500
>>
>>61741255

Black Sunday is GOAT. Blood and Black Lace is very solid too with some fantastic imagery. Rabid Dogs is also good fun.

I didn't really care for The Girl Who Knew Too Much. I respect it for helping to define a genre but found it pretty menh compared to later giallo.
>>
The Whip and the Body is super kinky, but Black Sunday is great.
>>
literally all Bava horror movies are worth seeing.
>>
File: giphy (1).gif (416 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
giphy (1).gif
416 KB, 300x300
>>61741255
Bava is okay, I preferred the more direct horror of guys like Fulci as opposed to the giallo of someone like Bava. Argento is the meme answer, and straddles the line between the two genres
>>
1. Blood and Black Lace
2. Black Sunday
3. Planet of the Vampires
4. Kill Baby Kill
5. Bay of Blood
6. The Whip and the Body
7. The Girl Who Knew Too Much
>>
>>61742978
>Argento is the meme answer
His entire filmography shouldn't be thrown out just because his name was mentioned in Juno for two seconds.
>>
Black Sabbath is awesome for this spoopy season
everything else is kinda not good imo thb, but some good photomatography
but don't listin to blood and black lace fags that movie is so shit
>>
>>61743746
correction I am drunk, Bay of Blood is shit, I havent seen Blood and Black Lace
>>
all I know is that OPs movie sucks
>>
>>61743746
>>61743782
Thirding that Bay of Blood is shit
>>
>>61743658
true, but deep red has a tranny, Suspiria is mainstream, his cut of Dawn was only made to feature more Goblin tracks, Creepers is meh etc etc etc
>>
File: Blood and Black Lace.png (645 KB, 1012x572) Image search: [Google]
Blood and Black Lace.png
645 KB, 1012x572
Blood and Black Lace is great
>>
File: Bay of Blood.webm (2 MB, 1024x541) Image search: [Google]
Bay of Blood.webm
2 MB, 1024x541
>>61743746
>>61743782
>>61743802
it's got some funny kills
>>
File: a-bay-of-blood.jpg (54 KB, 580x820) Image search: [Google]
a-bay-of-blood.jpg
54 KB, 580x820
>>61743782
>>61743802
i agree it's not a good movie, but i enjoyed the fuck out of it.i'd recommend watching it, just not as say your entry into bava.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.