[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has there ever been a film developed by a completely isolated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 1437338950431.jpg (35 KB, 251x416) Image search: [Google]
1437338950431.jpg
35 KB, 251x416
Has there ever been a film developed by a completely isolated society/community?

Like some African village in buttfuck nowhere, and a team of hipsters just gave them film equipment and said "make shit"?
>>
Uganda has a thriving film community apparently
>>
Cannibal holocaust
Fitzcoraldo
>>
>>61738278
>Uganda has a thriving film community apparently
Places like Senegal too, but I think that's because since a lot of euros came and colonized and stuff they got inspired, but that has influence
I mean they have almost no exposure to any film so it's from nothing
>>
>>61738243
>Girls
>>
>>61738302
nono! Not as a theme for a movie but as in the making of a film they were made by people who never or hardly were exposed to films
>>
>>61738243
The Gods Must Be Crazy
>>
>>61738384
Oh hey, this might b cool
>>
>>61738384
>>61738403
Damn it, it's another theme. I mean literally
>>
>>61738443
It never literally happens because the savages just eat the hipsters alive.
>>
>>61738243
>Not knowing about Ramon Film Productions from Uganda

Step it up
>>
>>61738557
>It never literally happens because the savages just eat the hipsters alive.
There HAS to be a group that isn't too ooga booga!

>>61738845
>>Not knowing about Ramon Film Productions from Uganda
ooh
>>
>>61738243
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEsF9RR3FOs

The guy who made this was so poor he only knew what films were like because he listened to them while sitting outside cinemas. In short he was only guessing what films were like visually and was guessing at how they were made. African film is pretty interesting, would recommend reading up on it. Some of the stuff has to be seen to be believed.
>>
File: 1444697119008.png (67 KB, 449x1197) Image search: [Google]
1444697119008.png
67 KB, 449x1197
>>61738341
>>
>>61739234
Also, the french colonized areas in Africa were bought a load of cameras, sound equipment etc by France after the French New Wave became a worldwide film movement. They wanted to help instill culture there like we do in the west. The results were pretty varied and most of the filmmakers used the opportunity to rain scorn down upon their French ran governments.
>>
the act of killing kind of
>>
>>61738243
Also, OP, try this. Its an Inuit made film funded by some Canadians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUInNnWZLGU
>>
File: 1324109846103.jpg (166 KB, 512x640) Image search: [Google]
1324109846103.jpg
166 KB, 512x640
>finally found someone interested in one of the few interesting things studied during film studies
>they disappear after someone tells them about those shitty Ugandan action movies
>everyone in uni just wanted to talk about fucking gender roles

When will I find someone who wants to discuss anthropologically relevant films? Life is suffering.
>>
>>61739660
go talk to anthropologists/professors
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.