[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Twin Peaks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
My favorite scene in all of television:

>Do you believe in the soul?
>Several.
>More than one?
>Blackfeet legend. Waking souls that give life to mind and body. A dream soul that wanders.
>Where does it wander?
>Faraway places. The Land of the Dead.
>Is that where Laura is?
>Laura's in the ground, Agent Cooper. That's all I know for sure.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2014-09-14-11h15m17s27.png (284 KB, 544x400) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2014-09-14-11h15m17s27.png
284 KB, 544x400
>>49418276
TP has a lot of gold scenes to it, but to be the entire Black Lodge sequence is the GOAT
>>
>>49418276

My favorite scenes from Twin Peaks are General Briggs telling Bobby about his vision and the "Albert's path" speech.
>>
>>49418276
when coop orders a cup of coffee

definitely my favorite scene
>>
>>49418276
so heres my question, how graphic/rapey/violent is the show?
iv only seen afew episodes, and already have had some of it spoiled. but i want to get my friend to watch the entirety of it with me, and he's a huge pussy

i just dont want to get to the red areas on the quality chart, and have no one irl to talk about them with since he bailed out like the pussy he is
>>
>>49419559
Just endure the drop, roll with the punches
>>
>>49419631
i figure im finishing it either way this time even if he doesn't, iv put it off for too long
>>
>>49419559
Not graphic at all.

There's a couple of scenes which are kind of disturbingly violent in a way but they're not graphic at all.
>>
>>49419559
>how graphic/rapey/violent is the show?
very little
Laura Palmer's corpse in the first episode is about the most graphic thing you'll see
>>
Is this show worth watching?
>>
>>49419922
>>49419857
thanks, i should be able to talk him into it then if thats it
>>
>>49419559
I dislike the quality chart. Season 2 is worse but I still enjoyed it. My love of the characters can really carry it by that point. You really shouldn't skip episodes. It's all worth it though. The final episode is my favorite thing to ever have aired on television.

And the show isn't very graphic but the movie is pretty insane.
>>
>>49419954
yes
>>
Just finished rewatching it. Was showing it to my mom for the first time. When Laura said "I'll see you in 25 years" and snapped, I got a chill.

Favorite moment from the series would be either Major Brigg's speech, Mairzy Doats, or when the gum you liked finally came back in style.
>>
>>49419559
It's very rapey. If you haven't found a liking for raep threads on /b/ (old school) chances are you're better of watching superman or what your friends are watching. This show is for connoisseur rapists who play the game and know the rules.
>>
My favorite scene is when Harold is writing Donna's diary for her.
>>
>>49418838
>Major Briggs telling Bobby about his vision
this this this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXCl4AwTNb8

sooo beautiful

also, required viewing for Twin Peaks fan, Angelo Badalamenti talking about working with David Lynch to compose the music. For fans of music theory as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwvSFOEfHJE
>>
>>49419559
The most graphic episode by far is the 7th one in s2, and people still wonder how ABC allowed them to air it. It would be shocking and graphic for broadcast tv even today. It's also in the top three episodes quality-wise. Arguably the best.

Their are some graphic flashbacks in the s2 debut.

As mentioned, the movie is generally more graphic.

One of the elements of TP is horror. It's got many aspects (comedy, melodrama, surrealism), but that's certainly one of them.
>>
>>49420010
The guide itself says there's worthwhile material in every episode, and episodes shouldn't be skipped.
>>
>>49418276

Hawk was awesome. He needed more scenes and less Andy ones.

Especially Albert, Albert needed FAR more scenes.

>that bro hug between him and Sheriff Truman in the second half when he returns
>>
>>49419559
It's not that graphic.

However, the show is seriously creepy. It's the only peace of media to ever scare me and creep me out even while not watching it.
>>
>>49418276
*tips headdress*
>>
File: image.jpg (6 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
6 KB, 480x360
>When these frail shadows we inhabit now have quit the stage we’ll meet and raise a glass again together in Valhalla.

Puts shit into perspective you know.
>>
File: Meanwhile.jpg (265 KB, 1520x1138) Image search: [Google]
Meanwhile.jpg
265 KB, 1520x1138
I heard that Lynch wanted the show to become a telling of Twin Peaks's people' stories, but I don't think that worked very well throughout season 2. Most stories were plainly boring or even stupid, and Lynch being away of the show for most of the season I think was one of the causes.
The episodes he directed and many more are pure gold, though. Specially the scenes inside the Black Lodge and S2E07. Terrific.
>>
File: co judges you.gif (2 MB, 300x266) Image search: [Google]
co judges you.gif
2 MB, 300x266
>>49418587
>vlcsnap
>>
>>49418587
>vlcsnap

http://mpc-hc.org/
>>
>>49419559
It's the movie you need to worry about for graphic rapey violence
>>
>>49426808
>I heard that Lynch wanted the show to become a telling of Twin Peaks's people' stories, but I don't think that worked very well throughout season 2.

He wanted the show to be about the townsfolk, yeah, but it should all be held together by Laura Palmer and the mystery surrounding her death. Later S1 episodes are a perfect mix of weird shit/townfolk drama/main plot. That's how he wanted to keep going, I guess.

We'll never know, of course. Because both Lynch and Frost were little bitches.
>>
>>49427268
what are you talking about?
It's happening again!

Have you been living under a rock?
>>
>>49427268
Holy smokes, ultimate slowpoke.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.