[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I still plan on traveling to France this winter regardless of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: Flag_of_France.svg.png (5 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_France.svg.png
5 KB, 1280x853
I still plan on traveling to France this winter regardless of what happened in Nice. I don't want to stop having fun because some faggot wants to ruin everything.
>>
Good on ya buddy , can't let ISIS win, they want people terrified.
>>
I'm still waiting for a Pokemon Go joke about the driver
>>
>Times have changed and we should learn to live with terrorism

Do you really want to visit a country whose PM makes these kinds of comments?
>>
>>1139127
as opposed to what? refuse to acknowledge that terrorist attacks or armed insurgencies are happening, like every head of state in Asia, the Middle East, Eastern Europe, Africa, and Central/South America
>>
>>1139129
Well I don't know, maybe he could actually start working to stop the rampant terror attacks, or at least say something to calm his citizens instead of

>le surrender, just gotta live with it i guess

Ironic use of the word 'live'.
>>
>>1139130
my only criticism of the response to these recent attacks is: why the fuck are they breaking about terror cells AFTER the attacks happen
pay attention after the next attack
1) attack happens
2) world cries / instragram blows up
3) they arrest terrorists, literally a day later

why not just go after them after you know what they're doing, and prevent attacks instead of trying to clean up the mess
>>
>>1139132
*breaking apart
>>
File: traitor.jpg (110 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
traitor.jpg
110 KB, 600x400
Charlie Hebdo attacks, the Paris attacks, the Nice attacks...when will they wake up and address their catastrophically failed immigration policy? How many more French must die to keep up the paper-thin appearance of being progressive and tolerant?

I realize that at least one of the /trv/ mods is a Muslim and starts deleting threads whenever France is criticized for not looking like a Western European nation anymore, so I'll leave it there.
>>
>>1139132

Because if they arrest just one muslim that turns out to not be a terrorist, all hell will break loose. The media outrage would be more severe than after these attacks, and politicians fear nothing more than the media.
>>
File: litereally_the_next_day.jpg (211 KB, 943x393) Image search: [Google]
litereally_the_next_day.jpg
211 KB, 943x393
>>1139141
>politicians fear nothing more than the media.
I know this is bait but I'll bite: my point is that European law enforcement know about active terror cells but very seldom break them apart in the plotting stage of an attack
I understand that they want to build a case and connect the dots, but why wait
>>
>>1139141
that is, unless the law enforcement have no idea what they're doing and are using the phrase "isis cells" to make it seem like they are doing something productive in response to an attack
>>
>>1139139
>How many more French must die to keep up the paper-thin appearance of being progressive and tolerant?
At least one more, anon, as always.
>>
>>1139144

What makes you think this is bait? It's not.

Yes the law does not yet allow law enforcement to arrest people merely because of a suspicion of being a terrorist cell. The things I mentioned in my previous post certainly play a part in the law being like this.

About your picture: Turkey is not Europe in any way. What happens there can not be compared to what happens in Europe.
>>
>>1139169
>What makes you think this is bait? It's not.
like I said: I already fell for it by justifying your troll post with a response, you don't have to keep egging me on.
>Yes the law does not yet allow law enforcement to arrest people merely because of a suspicion of being a terrorist cell.
I think France's state of emergency probably does allow that
>Turkey is not Europe in any way
they've been an associate member of the EU for 50 years and are part of Europe in some areas; so that's fundamentally wrong

Also, I made that screencap because that article was written very recently; it's happened after every major Western attack since IS was declared a Caliphate
>>
>>1139169
http://www.haaretz.com/middle-east-news/turkey/1.731225
never mind everything I said lol
>>
>>1139178

Holy fucking shit

>>1139177

It probably does allow it, that's why I believe they reason they dont act is because of fear of a backlash about targeting muslims.

The fact that after 50 years as assiocate member they still arent anywhere near joining say a lot imo. Stuff like a military coup happening shows tho how clearly they are different from most European states.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.