[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nepal / Bhutan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Nepal.jpg (12 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
Nepal.jpg
12 KB, 275x183
I am starting to look into a trip to Nepal and Bhutan, perhaps sometime in October 2017 to co-inside with Kukur Tihar, the dog appreciation day Festival.

I am thinking of spending a week or two in Kathmandu and around Nepal, mainly staying in Air BNB accommodation, with a 5-day visit to Bhutan in the middle.

My wife is not very adventurous, but I have heard that the Nepalese and Bhutanese are very friendly, and both countries are quite safe. I have also heard that sanitation and facilities are what you would expect.

Any comments, or perspectives , or suggestions, would be appreciated.
>>
>>1136742

You have $250 to spend everyday in Bhutan, or are from India or something? It's on my bucket list.
>>
>>1136744
The travels tax is why only about 5 days in Bhutan. That could even be reduced to 4 or 3 days, depending on timing.

Since Bhutan is only accessible through Nepal, it would be a huge waste not to visit while there, even if it was just a single day-trip to Paro Taktsang.
>>
>>1136750
>Bhutan is only accessible through Nepal
Nigga what. They do have an airport in Paro. They have flights from a few places, including Bangkok, from where I flew to Bhutan.
>>
>>1136757
You are right. I must of read some out-dated information about Drukair only flying to Kathmandu.

Still, Nepal is a convenient place to visit Bhutan from.
>>
>>1136765
Of course. If you're in the area, might as well. I was in Bhutan for 5 days and it was absolutely worth it. Pure, unspoiled, they keep hippie tourists and garbage out. Just make sure you book everything well in advance. But I'm sure you knew that already. Simply ask some travel agencies to give you offers and proposals.
>>
>>1136768
That is something that I am getting my head around.

Is the $250 / day a government fee, or is it just a mandatory minimum cost. Does everything have to be booked through an agent, or can I arrange for my own accommodation / flights / tours etc. Is there anything, besides drinks and souvenirs, that the $250 / day does not cover?
>>
>>1136772
The $250 is both the government fee and the minimum cost. But that also includes pretty much everything. The lodging, food, guide and driver. You can't really book things independently outside of Bhutan. Just use one of the authorized agents, they're actually more or less all the same, following government-approved programs. You can't get a flight ticket before having a visa anyway, and you won't get one without an agency.

The only thing not covered by the $250/day is flights, plus extra drinks (the beer is pretty good) and souvenirs.
>>
>>1136775
What about transport within Bhutan? Local flights are said to be covered, but what about taxis / buses etc. Or is there a guide included in the price with their own vehicle.
>>
>>1136777
>includes pretty much everything
>guide and driver

At least when I went, tours were always all-inclusive. No independent traveling.
>>
>>1136777
>>1136779
This. For nearly everyone, you can only get into Bhutan on an all-inclusive guided tour. I'm fairly sure most nationalities have to fly in to Paro/wherever, as well--I don't know if non-SAARC nationals can enter overland.
>>
>>1136979
What the hell would you do there anyway? Sit on a rug and stare at the wall? Drink salty yak milk
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.