[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This very church
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 816435.jpg (204 KB, 1000x665) Image search: [Google]
816435.jpg
204 KB, 1000x665
Hi /trv/, in 2 weeks time i will be in Milano and from there i will travel to Venice. Anyway, i figured that this is my chance to see the St Johann Church in the dolomites. (pic related) It has been on my bucket list for very long and i really want to go.
I have done some research about how to get there but it has not yet made me much smarter so i am asking /trv/:
How the fuck do you get here by public transport?
Like, what town should i be based in? Bolzano? Can you take a local bus out there?
I would be very grateful if anyone who has traveled there without a car could share their knowledge. Thanks
>>
>>1136181
impossible m8, get a car for a day

Bolzano is your best bet to be based in
>>
Which one is it? There is roughly hundred churches of st. Johann in Italy.
>>
>>1136192
nevermind, found it. It's the one near Vilnöß?
There is train station/stop called "Villnösser Haltestelle" between Bozen and Brixen, but I can find a railway connection to it.
Its only 10km from Brixen (but with mountains in between!), so, try to hike there? The landscape is way to fantastic to only go around by car.
>>
Fuck you OP, my climbing buddy is gone for the weekend, and now I clicked on shit about the dolomites, and now I am very sad that I probably wont go climbing that weekend.

Anyways:
http://www.villnoess.com/en/valley-of-trails/
They have an interactive map of the area, and there actually is a bus stop 500m from the chapel, and wikipedia says they are a sustainble transport town or something, so they must have public transport infrastructure, which should reach Bozen and Brixen.

but it's not really on the way from Milano to Venice, me thinks.
>>
>>1136181
whats special about this church in particular, OP? Curious about it now.
>>
>>1136193
Yeah the one near Vilnöß. Wait this is only 10 km from Brixen? Shouldnt be a problem to walk over there then.

>>1136195
Yeah i just saw that you can reach it by going Bozen to Brixen and then bus from Brixen to Santa Maddalena. I know man, its out of the way from my route but i really wanna go.

>>1136233
I don't think there's anything historical or something about it, i just saw a picture of it a few years ago and thought "fuck that's one picturesque place" and it has been on my mind since. Thought i should take the chance and go now.
>>
>>1136244
>Shouldnt be a problem to walk over there then.
But be aware that those picturesque mountains in the background of the church are on that 10km!

There should be some "easy" hikes that don't require climbing, but you need quite a bit of time, and hiking equipment. If that's your thing. I'd absolutely reccomend to go for a hike! Maybe make it 2 days and stay at an alpine club hut for a night.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.