[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey trv so I live in the US going to Greece this summer and booked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: Europcar_Expedia_screencap.jpg (74 KB, 965x442) Image search: [Google]
Europcar_Expedia_screencap.jpg
74 KB, 965x442
Hey trv so I live in the US going to Greece this summer and booked a Europcar car rental through Expedia UK. it was over 100 dollars cheaper than any US site. So is this a win win or am I gonna have some kind of issues when I try to pick up my car cuz I didnt use the site I was "supposed" to have used to make and pay for the reservation
Pic unrelated
>>
>>1135532
>inb4 the currency conversion rate. they charged me 321 pounds and it came out to 430 usd on my credit card statement. US sites wanted about 560 usd for same booking
>>
>>1135532
Can you drive stick? All cars in Europe are manual. Also where are you going?
>>
>>1135681
Not all. It's slowly but gradually changing.
>>
>>1135532
Sorry to break it to you, but you still probably overpaid. Would be cheaper if you booked on spot. Also for the full europe experience, get a car with stick.
>>
>>1135681
No I can't. Going to Corfu. I specifically requested automatic abs had to pay more for it.
>>1135709
On the spot from who?
Plus they charged me extra for automatic so maybe that's why it looks like I overpaid
>>
No you'll be fine, Expedia is only an agent, I doubt Europcar will care where the money comes from, I imagine Expedia UK is subsidising the difference since it doesn't do as much business as the American one.

Agree with previous posters that looking at the price you seem to have overpaid a bit by doing it in advance, but you get the advantage of no hassle fucking around trying to find the best deal when you arrive. Enjoy your trip.
>>
>>1136079
Thank you.I think I overpaid because I am a dumb Amerifat who doesn't know how to drive manual. Manual cars were listed a lot cheaper.
Any tips on driving in Corfu Greece?
>>
>>1135532
Besides the other comments, I would suggest that you check the car very carefully when you collect it. Cosmetic and mechanical condition including tyres and brakes. For safety stuff complain and get it changed, for the rest make sure it is ALL documented by the rep on the official forms. When returning make sure you get the car checked in and the documents completed before leaving. Don't drop the keys and run. It is a lot more common in Europe for post rental charges and damage claims to be charged than it is in the states. The smaller cheaper companies are worse but there are rogue agents even with the majors particularly when it is a frachised outlet.
>>
>>1136490
All of this. Go ahead and take photos of damage as well, and make sure they document the damage right on your rental form before you get behind the wheel and drive off. Any scratch. Bring that agent right out to the car and act OCD about recording all of it.

It's almost a cottage industry/side business to get ahold of credit card information and charge high prices for cosmetic damage accusations. Greek has a lot of corruption, from taxi drivers to other businesses, and you just have to not act like a pushover. The perceptions of Americans who throw money around on vacations, tip where no tips are necessary, is stupid wealthy for some damn reason. Be aware.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.