[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a Canadian that also has an EU citizenship. In university
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: eu_01.png (332 KB, 1969x1985) Image search: [Google]
eu_01.png
332 KB, 1969x1985
I'm a Canadian that also has an EU citizenship. In university right now. Lately I've had an itch to take advantage of the free tuition in some countries.

Mostly been looking at France because they have programs similar to what I'm studying and I might be able to transfer credits.

Any /travel/ers lived in France coming from Canada/USA or studied there?

Perspective on other EU countries welcome too.
>>
>>1134403
Do you speak French? because if you don't you're fucked over there.
>>
>>1134487
I can converse, but complex words are beyond my reach right now.
>>
>>1134488
I can tell you one thing what we say in the Netherlands.

"France is a great country, the only problem is that the french live there"

The problem is that they often refuse to speak english. Or they will only answer you in french. This is even in the restaurants, they dont give a fuck that you're a customer.

Better study up on that french.
>>
>>1134488
Check really well whether your degree can be transferred. Maybe only, say, half of your credits might be accepted.
If you can't grasp complex words, don't try and register for a degree with courses in French.
>>
>>1134494
Sounds like I'll really have to brush up my French.

>>1134510
Yeah I'm worried about the transfer credits.
>>
>>1134668
I'm French and I admit that it will be difficult for you to be understood if you only speak english, but more and more people are learning english and i assume that in a college environment nearly everybody will speak a decent english. Also i strongly recommend to avoid Paris and look for cities like Bordeaux or Lyon to really enjoy your stay.
>>
>>1134699
Lyon was one of the options I saw. What's nice about it?

Why do you say avoid Paris? Has it become a meme?
>>
>>1134701
For Lyon: people, food, architecture, relatively close to Switzerland and Italia, if you love hiking the Alpes are not very far..
(Personally i prefer Bordeaux, for the wine, the beauty of the city, the proximity to the coast)

For Paris, it's a wonderful city, one of the most beautiful on earth i think, but it's super expensive, and the parisians aren't known to be kind.. In "province" (outside the capital), the life is a little bit slower and sweet.
Still an amazing city to visit if you can avoid tourist traps :)
(sorry for mi bad english)
>>
>>1134702
Thanks for your input, no worries about your English, it's fine.

I'll definitely look into Bordeaux and Lyon.

A cheaper city is better for me, as I'll be a poor student.
>>
>>1134403
Your map doesn't show Croatia :(
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.