[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Travel photography
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
Hey /trv/. I will travel around Europe soon. What are some good travel photography tips? I don't want my pics to be cliched. I also want some non-cliche pose ideas (am female).

Thanks! I am not going to post this on /p/ as my phone is new and I don't have any nice photos to upload.
>>
File: 1466373015158.jpg (115 KB, 960x943) Image search: [Google]
1466373015158.jpg
115 KB, 960x943
>>1132794
so you're not really asking for tips on how to take photographs of things you see. you're asking for tips to photograph yourself, and things happen to be on the background.

I've only got one tip for you: don't be fat, bitch
>>
Try to limit the amount of photos you are taking. The more you take the less meaning each one has.
>>
>>1132807
I disagree, I prefer the girl on the left because of that beautiful red hair. I'd love to tongue her firery crack.
>>
>>1132810
My approach is different, take 50 photos and only show 1 good one to the public.

OP, tips for people in them, have them stand at the side of the photo and not right in the middle. 1/3 in on either side would be best. Also for good photos have something interesting in the foreground that leads you to the background. Having nothing up front often makes photos uninteresting.
>>
>>1132794
Just google it and spend a day reading up on photography basics.
>>
>>1132807
ENGLAND
N
G
L
A
N
D
>>
As /p/ and /trv/ are my boards, I might help you out, but for that you need to be a bit more precise.

If you just want to take photos that aren't the same as all the other's tourist snapshits, you need to figure out, how perspective can change a photo completely. Also, read up composition and camera settings. You maybe also consider to take photos at and of places not everybody takes photos of (e.g. it will be hard to take an interesting shot of the Eiffel Tower these days, as there are millions of it).

If you just want to present yourself in front of seights - go for it, but I wouldn't look upon it as photography.

For more info, ask me here.
>>
>>1133107
I'm a beginner who just bought a Sony A6000 and will studying in China during September-December this year, but also planning to travel before/during/after the semester. I've got a few questions, if I may:

1. How do you travel securely with gear/laptop/etc? I worry about sharing hostel rooms when I have stuff for $2000+ in my bag (maybe I should leave the Macbook at home, but as I said I'm going to be studying).

2. Favourite websites/blogs for someone wanting to learn more about (travel) photography?

3. Do you think a 16-50mm kit lens plus one of those cheap Fujian CCTV 35mm primes are going to be fine for landscape, street photography and just general photography. I want to travel rather light.

(Not OP btw.)
>>
File: 1441198662001.jpg (50 KB, 454x604) Image search: [Google]
1441198662001.jpg
50 KB, 454x604
>female
>going to Europe
>to take pictures
>of herself
>doesn't want to be cliche

I am sorry, but you're the definition of cliche itself.
Two advices I can give to you: 1) Don't take to many pictures, you will ruin your travel experience. 2) Just take pictures if you're pretty, don't bother if you're ugly.
>>
>>1133107
I only have a smartphone no camera. My suitcase and bag were too full for a camera.
>>
>>1132794
>I don't want my pics to be cliched.
Then don't pose... find travel buddies who takes pictures as well and exchange them.

For your own pictures... get a (half) decent compact camera...
If you're just in it for the selfies you only need 1 tip.. Get a selfie stick, look like a twat and enjoy those few seconds of uploading your selfie of you and the Eiffel tower in the background on facebook while knowing in the back of your head no-one who sees that picture actually will give a shit about it.
>>
>>1132794
Meet other locals and travelers, have them take your pics and swap.

Also, spend more time taking pictures of people you meet. It's more fun reminiscing about travel friends than looking at your own boring face.
>>
File: Difference_7edd41_2140980.jpg (42 KB, 650x437) Image search: [Google]
Difference_7edd41_2140980.jpg
42 KB, 650x437
>>
File: erh.jpg (92 KB, 360x333) Image search: [Google]
erh.jpg
92 KB, 360x333
>>1133126
>1) Don't take to many pictures, you will ruin your travel experience.

Some people travel specifically for the photography opportunities. Don't get your panties in a wad about how somebody else enjoys their time traveling.
>>
>>1132794
>>1133628
>Why not post my travel pics?
Because I'm obsessively proud of my pictures which I consider superior to everyone else and I won't post them without adding a unique, complex, and difficult to remove watermark first.

The only way you'll see my pictures is when I die and their published postmortem in a limited release collectible leather bound tome dedicated to the foundation established in my memory.

No. Mine.
>>
>>1133625
this/
>>
>>1132794
Hey, you know what would be "non-cliche"? Not fucking taking pictures.
Also if you're a female who's gonna fuck around dorist locations with an expensive looking camera, prepare to get robbed.
>>
>>1133116
Sorry for my late response...

1. There are no 100% ways to survive shady hostels, but putting your most expensive gear into the locker should do it. You can also take a small padlock with you to lock your bag.

2. /p/ will sometimes be good and sometimes the worst place to get photo critique. I'm not that much into blogs, but you can look up some photo books in the library or look through some Flickr or Tumblr profiles (>>2859470).

3. Sure, "the best camera (/lens) is the one you have". Even though the A6000 isn't full frame, cropped 18mm are a good entry into landscape photography. The 35mm will be totally fine for street. I'm going to do an around-the-world trip very soon and will also be taking a 18-105mm + 35mm with me.

Sorry for my bad English
>>
>>1133128
Then go for it. Take your smartphone, but just don't do what everybody does please.
>>
>>1134331
Still watching the thread, thanks mate :)

I guess I'll look at hostel reviews etc. I'm mostly worried about people I might be sharing rooms with though. What if someone just goes into your bag while you're asleep? Maybe that's not how it works though, never slept in a hostel before so I wouldn't know.

Thanks for you answer. No need to excuse your English.
>>
>>1133651
>I want /b/ to leave.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.