[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Disney Theme Park general Feel free to ask about any Disney
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7
File: disneyland.jpg (324 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
disneyland.jpg
324 KB, 1280x720
Disney Theme Park general

Feel free to ask about any Disney theme park. Rides worth going on etc.
>>
I work at Disney World, so feel free to ask anything and I'll answer to the best of my ability.
>>
Of you have Minecraft there is a huge server rebuilding everything wdw at a 1:1 scale (closes you can I suppose). Mcmagic I believe.

>>1132432
if you are still there, best time to go? Want low wait times.
>>
>>1132432
Are prices getting lower because of the Orlando shootings? It's always expensive as all fuck even in the off-peak times.
>>
>>1132666
Nope, Disney was overbudget on the Shanghai resort so the prices are a reflection of that.
>>
>>1132638
Usually February/January when they aren't doing the marathons. Just use the fastpass system and you'll be just fine.

Avoid New Years and Fourth of July at all costs
>>
What's the best way to get to Disney from West Hollywood?
>>
>>1133761
The highway
>>
>>1132432
Is that family that had their kids snatched by a gator suing?
>>
>>1132432
Why do they keep getting rid of the classics and replacing them with shit? Maelstrom was one of the best rides at WDW and now its fucking Frozen.
>>
Journey to the center of the Earth is the best ride in Tokyo Disney Sea. Well, next to ToT. Fuck I had a great time. Cheap as fuck too.
>>
>>1133769
and if you dont have a car?
>>
>>1133905
Frozen sells
>>
>>1133905
Basically >>1133992

Shit had a five hour wait on opening week
>>
>>1133830
Not sure but lawyers are bloodthirsty since the signs across the beaches only said no swimming and did not have any warnings about the wildlife
>>
>>1131977
Are we getting the tower of terror bar?
>>
>>1134077
People are retarded. I'd never waste five hours in a line, let alone at a place that costs so much to get into. Crying kids be damned. They'll be fine when they go" another ride.
>>
>>1133966
Uber.
>>
Question at the DW employee, has the park gotten better at all since around '07 (dw mainly)?
Can you still abuse the FP system by hitting the button in back for multi-tickets?
Is animal kingdom still the overall better part of the park hopper pass?
If you have been to DL, can you point on some main points as to which park was better?

Only frame of reference I had, since last I went, but as a dude who went to DL many times, DW lacked on all fronts. FP's were always half the normal line wait time, ride lengths were cut down to fit in more ads and stupid shit in the space given, again ads were fucking everywhere (even waited an hour for a "VR ride" which was a car commercial apparently).
>>
>Be from Florida
>Visiting gf's parents with her
>Her brother and his wife are also there
>Invite them to go to beautiful springs and beaches with us
>They have no interest, his wife is the type of woman who's too vain to get her hair wet or mess up her makeup by swimming in water
>They just want to go to Disney during the SUMMER
>That means paying $20 to park, a fortune for the tickets themselves, and a fortune on overpriced souveniers and food (this bitch makes her husband buy her and her family literally hundreds of dollars worth of Disney crap)
>Also they have time to go on like 3 rides all day and stand in the hot sun in line for the majority of it

People who LOVE theme parks are vapid consumerist plebs who fall for marketing way too easily.
>>
>>1133761
You HAVE to drive everywhere in LA. Public transit is inefficient and will take a long time. So it's an expensive taxi, uber, or car.
>>
>>1134458

DW is a much better experience, Dl is utter shit.
>>
>>1134524
>People who LOVE theme parks are vapid consumerist plebs who fall for marketing way too easily.

And unfortunately that's a lot of people which is why Disney is as big as it is. Summer is thee worst time to go. It's insanity.
>>
>>1133905
Don't ask me, dude. I agree with you. All the best rides have been closed. My favorite ride of all time closed in 1999.
>>
>>1134768
It's not too bad, they have those mini fans that spray water on you for sale.

Now building theme parks in Dubai is madness, on the other hand, where it regularly reaches 50C daily.
>>
When can I go to the Shanghai park? I hear it's very crowded right now.
>>
>>1135275
>tfw when no us tron coaster
>>
>>1134768
>Summer is thee worst time to go
And Jan-Feb is ideal. Least crowds, shortest lines, and not so damn hot that you need to chain drink cold fluids every 15 minutes which can save a lot of money and hassles. I wait for a predicted weather change, a big cold front, and then and only then is when I head to Orlando. Less humid, breezy, more Floridians using their residency discounts, it's win win. They're pro parks visitors.
>>
>>1135172
Horizons? Can you believe the piece of shit (Mission Space) that replaced the best dark ride ever built? Horizons cost $60mil to build and they just tore it down 16 years later like it was nothing. Same thing with World of Motion, that ride was simply amazing and they replaced it with fucking test track which isn't even as good as a standard coaster at a regular amusement park. Fuck Disney, how dare they build so many things that amazed little me when I young and thought it would be there forever, then tear it down before im even a full grown adult and replace it with loathsome pleb consumer targeted bullshit. I literally hate them for this.
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 450x326) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 450x326
>>1135409
>>
>>1135409
Test track isnt a coaster
>>
Going to the Shanghai Disney land what should I expect and do there?
>>
>>1135446
Do tron and pirates
>>
>>1135409
Yes, I meant Horizons. Preaching to the choir, buddy.
>>
>>1135431
It's like a shitty powered coaster that most people wouldn't give a fuck about at a regular park but since it has "theming" people for some reason like it. I think the theming is shit and it doesn't hold a fucking candle to world of motion. That was like the pirates of the caribbean of epcot. They fucked up big time with every last Epcot replacement so far. Really miss all the pavilions with the various attractions in each one, when I was a kid it seemed like Epcot had a ridulous amount of attractions, now it's like a fucking ghost town of its former self. I really don't see why people don't realize how much it sucks in its current state, its a really bad park with what's there currently.
>>
>>1134749
DL is not utter shit and at least isnt spread into 4 different parks. Both have their unique rides and charms though.
>>
>>1135602
>go to epcot 12 years ago when I was a kid and love it
>go to epcot 8 years ago and still love it
>go to epcot last month and still love it

Maybe I'm just easy to please
>>
File: 1443693893108.png (3 KB, 306x269) Image search: [Google]
1443693893108.png
3 KB, 306x269
If I only have one day should I visit Disneyland Park or the California Adventure Park?
Or should I just get a parkhopper ticket if Im not THAT interested in going on all the rides.
>>
>>1136386
Epcot has sucked since you've been going there.
>World of Motion (closed 1996)
http://youtu.be/AM2QAT_WjkE
>The original Journey Into Imagination (closed 1998)
http://youtu.be/FLg1o6XVtIc
>Horizons (closed 1999)
http://youtu.be/VjVEe-DAxjI
>Wonders of Life Pavilion (closed 2004)
http://youtu.be/Yt3xXFIee28
>>
File: shrug.jpg (86 KB, 384x313) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
86 KB, 384x313
>>1136514
Yeah the only one I remember out of any of those is Wonders of Life which was really great. Honestly it doesn't look like I was missing much after watching the other 3.
>>
>>1136554
The entire atmosphere was different then. For example the imagination pavilion with captain EO and Journey into Imagination was huge and awesome. Innovations was like an arcade with all the latest vidya and communicore highlighted the latest computer tech. The vision of the future then was still perceived as realistic and it gave the park an otherworldly atmosphere like it really was something out of the future. That's probably why many people can't appreciate the defunct attractions now, because they just see them as outdated and phony. I still think that over time these attractions would have been seen as part of the history of the park and Epcot could have been turned into a time capsule of the past's future. I guess since most of the corporations that sponsored the rides didnt deliver on the utopian future they pretended was going to reality one day failed, they had to re-theme the park. Too bad the new theme is rotting away empty dreams and promises and replacing them with consumerist society and Disney IP cult think garbage. Considering the original idea of the park and the worlds fairs was to promote a globalist economy, its a shame that the only thing that made the park evil is the only aspect of the original form still intact. The thing that made it great was all the $60,000,000+ dark rides scattered everywhere and all the small attractions in between that are also now gone.
>>
>>1136563
You must be lovely at parties.
>>
>>1136565
What is so great about Test Track, Soarin', and Mission Space. They are more boring and not re-rideable than the old rides. It always pissed me off when there would be pop culture references about how boring Epcot was (simpsons comes to mind) and ow the park is actually boring.
>>
File: 1449286882063.jpg (45 KB, 549x188) Image search: [Google]
1449286882063.jpg
45 KB, 549x188
>>1136567
You're certainly entitled to your own opinion. My family and I enjoy all of those and the people I talk to enjoy them too.

Man, I never would have guessed there are people here that critique theme parks and rides on the same level /v/ does video games. Learn something every day I guess.
>>
>>1136571
But wouldn't it have been preferable if they either didnt replace the old rides and simply added new ones or didnt get rid of things like the Wonders of Life for no reason? (It's been sitting abandoned since it closed)
>>
File: 1392567615783.gif (3 MB, 980x517) Image search: [Google]
1392567615783.gif
3 MB, 980x517
>>1136572
It's preferable to replace old rides with new ones when the old rides statistically are not pulling in the same crowds they did a couple of years ago.

It's also preferable to save money by tearing down rides and replace them rather than to go through the trouble of paving and constructing new areas for new rides. That costs much more money than tearing down less wanted rides and simply filling in the area.

It also costs money to power rides that eat alot of energy so its preferable to shut those areas down until the space can be used for a future project.

>but why is the Hall of Presidents still up it sucks!

Because it doesn't eat much of energy most of the other attractions, it can be updated every couple of years, and it was more of a staple than than other listed attractions

>for no reason

There's plenty of reasons. When people build theme parks and construct attractions you can't just think of that ONE person or those FEW people that really enjoy that ONE ride. You have to take into account how high of a demand that ride has, if the power putting into it is worth keeping it up, etc.

You're running a poor business if you can't change with the demand.
>>
>>1136576
That all makes sense to me, but the problem i see is that Disney manages to get a dedicated fan base for all of their attractions and some of those people get pissed enough to stop going to the park when they get rid of their favorite ride. For example, Disney sold out their integrity entirely when they got rid of Maelstrom and threw Frozen a commercial IP into World Showcase regardless of the fact that it has nothing to with Norway or international culture and completely destroys the theme of World Showcase which was at one point the classiest section of a Disney Park in the world (not that that's saying much but it was). I just think Disney is losing their touch or "magic" while Universal is absolutely crushing them with new attractions and unique experiences. I for one, am no longer a WDW patron. Their gimmicky attractions no longer capture that special something that used to make them great.
>>
>>1136579
Oh and nobody can argue that Maelstrom wasnt a popular attraction. The average wait time was around an hour all the way up to the year it closed.
>>
File: Disney Norway.jpg (225 KB, 1228x862) Image search: [Google]
Disney Norway.jpg
225 KB, 1228x862
>>1136579
>That all makes sense to me, but the problem i see is that Disney manages to get a dedicated fan base for all of their attractions and some of those people get pissed enough to stop going to the park when they get rid of their favorite ride.

I have never met anyone in my life that does that.

>it has nothing to with Norway or international culture and completely destroys the theme of World Showcase

It doesn't destroy anything actually. Norway served as inspiration for most of Frozen. Disney even offers tours of Norway to show how that inspiration came to be and as a really fun vacation.

>I just think Disney is losing their touch or "magic"
>Their gimmicky attractions no longer capture that special something that used to make them great.

Once again this is your opinion. And as I've stated before if you can't change your business to match the demand then it's doomed to fail.

>I for one, am no longer a WDW patron.

Hey no harm no foul. Disney isn't going to be upset that they lost one jaded past patron.

>>1136582
Maelstrom was really fun.
>>
>>1136586
Just like the Norwegian narrator said on Maelstrom "The spirit of Norway will always be adventure." I don't think he was referencing a cash-in of the latest Disney IP. He was talking about vikings and three headed trolls and polar bears.
>>
>>1132982
tron though
>>1135446
torn and pirates
>>1132982
But some of the rides are gamechangers.

i am very jealous.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.