[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys So I'm traveling to Brazil to visit my relatives
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: br-lgflag.gif (11 KB, 414x302) Image search: [Google]
br-lgflag.gif
11 KB, 414x302
Hey guys
So I'm traveling to Brazil to visit my relatives soon. My mother says it's very dangerous there.
Have any of you travelled to Brazil and where? How dangerous is it really?
I'm traveling to Sao Paulo which isn't extremely dangerous but we're considering Salvador too. I heard it's really dangerous there.. Have any of you been in some of these places or just Brazil?
>>
>>1131781
Wish I could help with the questions but I've never been there, but I am curious how long you want to go and do you have a budget in mind? Brazil seems very expensive to travel to.
>>
>>1131782
We're going there for three weeks in December. No we don't have a budget in mind, but I doubt it's more expensive than Southern Europe, is it?
We're also considering traveling more south and maybe to the Iguazu waterfalls because it should be safer there than in the north.
>>
>>1131781
Do not go there. Go somewhere else. You do not belong there with your insecurity. Also always listen to your mum fag
>>
>>1131797
um what?
>>
>>1131797
Don't be rude
>>
>>Is it safe?
The country as a whole has its fair share of security problems. Public safety is one of its problems.
São Paulo city is an extremely dense, overly packed piece of garbage, just like NY. The public transportation system doesn't work, there's too many cars, too many people, the air is totally polluted and it just sucks to be there in general.
Is it safe? For the most part, I'd say yes, it's safe. There are really unsafe places, but you should be smart enough not to go to those places. If your relatives are from São Paulo city, they'll probably know where the hell you shouldn't try to venture in.
For Salvador, it has its own problems while being a more touristic spot (not only for international travelers but also for Brazilians). Again, if you know how to navigate yourself through touristic places (avoid scams and pickpocketers), you'll be fine.
As for Foz do Iguaçu, I have no clue. Never been there but I reckon it's a mild version of Salvador. It's another touristic trap so expect some high priced shit, scams and pickpocketers.
Also, all of these 3 places are used to tourists, in a way, but if your act screams "I'M A TOURIST!", you may attract more attention than you'd wish for.
>>
Im living in SP and it can be unsafe, america, in general, is less safe than most parts of Europe but try not to look too touristy and flashy, women are gorgeous or men if youre into that, also, id recommend going to rio de janeiro, ilha grande, buzios (theyre in the state of rio)
>>
>>1131968
>women are gorgeous or men if youre into that
and by extension the transsexuals
>>
>>1131782
>Brazil seems very expensive to travel to.
yes

Salvador specially, very expensive, its the capital with the big assed tanned skin chicks, perhaps that's why it atracts more unitedstadian and euro tourists.

brazilians go to chile, mexico, argentina, brasil is too expensive for us brazilians! heuheuheu

in currency exchange at least, since 2015, USD has skyrocketed to 4 BRZ

so an ok 3* hotel should cost $15-30
and a hostel $10-20

a lunch meal costs about 30-60 BRZ per kilogram in restaurantes SELF-SERVICE, yep we use this phrase like that, so you can even ask anyone on the streets
>"self service on dee 10?"
onde = where, pronounces On Dee;
tem = there is, pronounces "ten" as in "10"

you can also find a cheap ready meal called Marmita [mar MEE tah], some people sell it out of tiny bars, homes, and some self-services restaurants as well, its just a basic lunch meal with cheap meat cuts, its very generous in rice and either beans/potato or some other cheap veggie in that season
usually 10-15 BRZ for a marmita, some come with almost 1 Kg, so you can eat twice with $3.
>>
>>1131781
If you never been to Brazil and want to go to the top touristic places go to Rio de Janeiro in some places direfent than the cliches, like >>1131968 said.
If you wiling to go to beaches, you will be more please with beaches from the south of Brasil, because in December (with season), Salvador and all the Northeast of Brazil gets too packed with people.. Try Santa Catarina (state) beaches like Florianópolis, Balneário Camboriu, Imbituba! And it's relatively close to the Iguaçu Falls
>>
File: neojiba[1].jpg (30 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
neojiba[1].jpg
30 KB, 300x200
>>1133382
>Salvador specially, very expensive, its the capital with the big assed tanned skin chicks, perhaps that's why it atracts more unitedstadian and euro tourists.
>tanned
>Bahia
you mean black
pic related in america all these kids would be considered black
>>
>>1131781
Brazilian here OP

So, SP is not that dangerous indeed, specially as most things you have to hop on a cab to reach so you're probably safe afterall.

I've never been to Salvador but the Northeast is in general not very safe. As tourists I guess you would be okay, just watch out for pickpockets and hold on to your bags. Also do some reading on which areas to avoid and that's it.

But, as a Brazilian, I'd tell you to go to Foz do Iguaçu see the waterfalls (just stay like two or three days, that is plenty).

Since you thought about Salvador, I imagine you want some beach related tourism, and also because summer. So I'd suggest you come to my state (proud with no shame) Santa Catarina.
There are beaches just as good/better than in the north east. Florianópolis, the capital, is full of options and if you rent a car you can go through all the coast visiting the smaller beaches and stuff.

As far as expenses go, Brazil is indeed no as cheap as many might think, but I guess it's still pretty affordable if you come from Europe or the US/Canada.
>>
>>1134171
>Florianópolis
Hey i'm planning on doing a year study abroad there
Any advice for living there and mixing with the locals instead of hanging with my fellow non-BR students?
I want to actually learn and live not hang with some euros and Americans who want to speak English all the time.
>>
Brazilian here:

SP is just a big urban shithole. It's only good for going to restaurants and nightclubs. And soccer, if you like it.
Salvador is one of the worst destinations in our "tropical beach zone - the northeast.

Brazil can be fun, but you're picking the wrong places.
Avoid Rio de Janeiro too. It's another shithole.

I've been to Foz do Iguaçu and it's only good for the waterfalls. So it's not worth it if you're on a budget.
>>
Go visit the central area of Brazil.
Mato Groso do Sul or something.
If you really want to go to the beach, avoid Rio de Janero and Salvador. If you heard about them, it means it's a shitty tourist trap with overpriced garbage and overly crowd beaches (and most likely polluted with sewer).
>>
>>1134526
Don't worry, Brazilians love themselves a good foreign student. They should be all over you trying to befriend you. Just be social and go to the shit they invite you to so you'll get the hang of how we do it here
>>
>>1134591
oh shit sounds simple as can be thanks man
>>
File: The_sleeping_dictionary_poster.jpg (109 KB, 279x400) Image search: [Google]
The_sleeping_dictionary_poster.jpg
109 KB, 279x400
>>1134526
>Florianópolis
"motel" in portuguese, or in Brasil, is like a horizontal hotel with the entrance like a drive-thru, sometimes you pay at the entrance, and inside are a set of rooms with a private garage in the front so no one sees other people's cars

its price ranges from 70 to 200 reais for a typical 4 hours stay.
>>1134544
>Salvador is one of the worst destinations in our "tropical beach zone - the northeast.
so what are some beach destinations???

ive never been to nordeste but i heard also of

Porto de Galinhas
Coroa Vermelha
Prado

there are of course beaches south of the NE, and north of Rio, im talking about the state of Espirito Santo (ES), the sea water there is chill like in rio, so not warm like in salvador and the rest of NE.

but in ES you have from the capital metro with 2 million ppl

or beaches for all tastes north and south in a bunch of smalltowns of 50k pop

Piuma, Guriri, Iriri, Maratizes,

as for alternative litoranean cities in the State of Rio de Janeiro we have

Macae, Praia Grande, Buzios.

Buzios is highly touristical, gorgeous beaches and fine bars and restaurants,
althewhile not being overpopulated and infested with "touts" pestering you to sell crap like in Rio the city, Salvador and other big NE cities

TLDR

(NE states)
Itacare-BA
Porto de Galinhas-PE
Sao Luis-MA
Morro de Sao Paulo-PB
Fernado de Noronha - PE
(veyr expensive even in dollars, you need to schedule months ahead since visitation and stay is controlled)
its an island city some 300Km off the coast with acquatic natural wonders
(others)
Buzios-RJ
Vila Velha-ES
Vitoria-ES
Guriri-ES
>>
>>1131781
fag, you gonna get banged by tranny on steroids
>>
>>1134899
>implying this isn't the goal
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.