[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ayyyy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: globe1.jpg (33 KB, 436x349) Image search: [Google]
globe1.jpg
33 KB, 436x349
I saved up about some cash and plan to quit my shit for brains job and go on a biking tour.

The goal is to start from Alaska and hit the bottom of SA.

Bringing:
Said cash
Shimano
Helmet
Canteen
Tent
3 pairs of clothes
3 days of food/small provisions

Am I ready or crazy?
>>
Bike tools ?
>>
>>1130916
Spare tubes, tire pump, patch kit, shock pump, levers, chain lube, etc
>>
How do you plan to go across the Darien gap?
>>
>>1130908
You're going to be killed in Northern Mexico so I'm not sure why you even bothered drawing the line into South America.
>>
>>1130938
Walk the bike if I need to. Friends of mine have done it before.

>>1130950
Sure m8
>>
I wouldn't do it. Good luck. Maybe they'll make a movie about you too!
>>
File: 1415989174552.jpg (112 KB, 744x597) Image search: [Google]
1415989174552.jpg
112 KB, 744x597
>>1130971
been a while since I got to used this one
>>
How long that going to take you? How much money you saved?
>>
Have you ridden a bike before?
>>
>>1130975
I was told several months.
I have 9k saved.
>>
>>1130908
Bring a first aid kit and some kneepads
>>
>>1130971
>Walk the bike if I need to.
Walk? More like carry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ylhWPCekdM
>>
>>1130938
What the fuck kind of documentary is this supposed to even be:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toAu2NQ01xM
>>
File: WP_20160127_18_13_04_Pro.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160127_18_13_04_Pro.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1456
>>1130908
Some pretty nice vistas await you if you make it all the way down. Took this one miself. Good luck senpai.
>>
>>1130971
>Friends of mine have done it before.

Darien Gap? Are you sure?
>>
>>1131166
come on, it's not impossible, you just take about across and you skip the gap. Dude...
>>
>>1130908
Question to you, what is your height/weight?
>>
>>1130908
panama chanel is expensive to cross... other then that it sounds like a good adventure. (just came home to canada after hitchhiking 35 000km in 13 months) Learn Spanish as soon as you hit mexico, and keep in mind that mexicans are really friendly but not adventurous at all, it gets cooler in guatemala. And crossing borders its your jobs to ask for the stamps... I had trouble with getting out of honduras without any visa from any surrounding countries ahah!
>>
>>1130908
Get a engine on that bike
>>
Dude I say go for it. I wish I could do a crazy adventure like that.
>>
>>1132713
Not op, but you could.. What's stopping you?
>>
>>1130908
You will burn a lot of calories riding a bike every day. What is your plan to replace them? Do you have stops planned in terms of where you will eat and sleep? How far apart are they?
>>
>>1132739
Who the fucks planning there stopts? Use a map and plan two days ahead. Op keeps food for three and will be ok.
>>
>>1130974
I came to post this.

OG /trv/ meme
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.