[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Going to Amsterdam-Berlin-Warsaw-Prague this summer over a period
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: prague-winter-pink-sky.jpg (402 KB, 1752x1168) Image search: [Google]
prague-winter-pink-sky.jpg
402 KB, 1752x1168
Going to Amsterdam-Berlin-Warsaw-Prague this summer over a period of about two weeks. Anyone got any tips on what to see, where to avoid, and on some lesser known places to see that won't be so packed with tourists? Relatively low budget so looking mostly at free stuff to go see or venues charging less than 10 euros. Travelling by train all the way btw.
>>
Yes, avoid cities. Because why does everyone just city-hop in Europe.
>>
go see some nazi shit in berlin and warsaw mara also go see what anne franks upto marra
>>
I'm from Amsterdam. What are your interests?

General tips are getting weed from Dampkring and chill in Vondelpark, just walking about the Canals, boat tour of the Canals, walking around the Wallen (red light district).

Amsterdam is not really big, outside of the city centre most is residential.
>>
Dont spend more than 2 days in amsterdam. I would skip it if i was you
>>
>>1130744
If you've never been then skipping Amsterdam is crazy. I agree that it's not amazing if you aren't really into what the city offers, as it's not very big and you can see sights in two days.
>>
>>1130748
You misspelled hours by typing days.
>>
>>1130654
I have to go to the cities because I'm going with my family. If it were my choice I wouldn't go near them.
>>1130706
I've been before and I just went to Bierfabriek and looked at hookers so I was hoping to branch out a bit. I'm quite wary of the whole terrorism threat in Europe tbqh so I don't wanna spend all my time in the big tourist areas.
>>
>>1130640
When in German trains you might want to book actual seats rather than just get a ticket (if you've got interrail for instance) because Germans seem to love booking seats and you'll have hard time finding somewhere that isn't reserved for someone
>>
>>1130640
Cracow would be nicer (but also filled with tourist to a level only Prague and venice can compare)
Berlin has, apart from the Brandenbjrg Gate Area, Bundestag and some Holocaust stuff, not much worth visiting. Just walking around, experiencing the city is worth a day though.
I don't think more than 2 days for each destination are worth the time/money
>>
>>1130654
It should be pretty damn obvious.

Cities tend to have lots of interesting things to see, lots of options for places to stay and they are the easiest places to reach by trains.
>>
>>1130957
>berlin has nothing to see
zzZzzzzZzzzZzz
wait actually it's true. berlin is not a sightseeing city - but give yourself some time to get into the vibe - get an airbnb in neukölln or wherever, eat some döner, hang out with turks, visit some galleries, drink a beer at maybachufer, check out the gay scene. it's a cool place but if youre travelling to see beautiful buildings, might as well skip it (though there are some wonderful modernist buildings here. i love the ellington hotel .... )
>>
>>1130957
Last summer I went to berlin and kinda felt the same way about not much worth seeing in the daytime.
It's the nightlife that is very unique. I really enjoyed just walking around the city in the night without any major plans. The nights ended up very unexpectable with all kinds of weird stuff. Prolly my most favourite city in europe
>>
>>1130939
What terror threat? You have more chance to be hit by a taxi than to be killed by a terrorist. I was on my way to the airport on march 22nd, was near a bombing in Spain years ago and whatever. I'm still not scared.

I've toured the US for 3 weeks and near places I was loads of shit happened involving deaths. I even saw dead people. And even the US is relatively safe for tourists. Stop letting the media influence you.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.