[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have any of you guys done wwoofing? Where you essentially work
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: the_GOAT.jpg (154 KB, 500x474) Image search: [Google]
the_GOAT.jpg
154 KB, 500x474
Have any of you guys done wwoofing?

Where you essentially work on a farm in a foreign country in exchange for food and lodging.

It seems like a pretty good way to travel on the cheap, and was interested in personal experiences.

Pic unrelated
>>
Yes! It is awesome. Definitely try it, but talk the host for bit first just to make sure they're cool
>>
>>1129089
Where did you stay?
>>
>>1129086
not OP but anyone done Workaway or Helpx?
>>
File: IMG_2078.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2078.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
I did in Japan, stayed at 3 different hosts. Overall experience was good but some I enjoyed more than others.
At the first host I worked to much, at the third the relations were OK but not as personal as I expected. The second host was fantastic, it was just great.

I understand each country has its own website, system and rules. This is what I learnt about Japan and might be relevant to other countries:
1. Make sure your hosts know English and see your level of interaction (Eating meals together or seperately ect.)
2. Read reviews.
3. See that you are OK with the working hours
4. Apply in advance as good hosts get alot of applicants.
5. Read that the activities done in the farm and the surronding are to your liking.

pic related: dinner in one of my second hosts' home.
>>
>>1129099
Currently doing my first workaway experience
>>
Any South American countries good to WWOOF on? I can see the host list but that only tells me so much.
>>
Can you just bail if it's shit? Are there any ramifications?
>>
>>1129396
Dont see why there would be, only a small yearly membership fee. If they try to pull something just say it was not as advertised, your word against theirs.
>>
>>1129280
Where at, and how are you liking it so far?
>>
>>1129099
I did workaway in Florida. Just did yard work for this lady on the beach. It was a little annoying because my friend who was a girl got to hang out inside and walk her dogs while I was digging up stumps and painting fences out in the heat.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.