[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Traveling while sick
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 0
How do you guys handle being sick while traveling? I'm 3 days into a 2 month trip and I've caught a pretty nasty cold. So I'm currently laying on my bed at an estonian hostel being miserable?

I feel like shit, I don't want to lay around all day but I want to get over this thing ASAP. Going to venture out to a supermarket and a pharmacy in a bit to pick some stuff up? What "on the shelf meds" can you get in Europe for colds? Can you get psuedophedrine here? Please help, or share or own stories of traveling while sick.
>>
Who cares.
>>
Europe isn't a single country, so the availability & brand names vary. Plenty of OTC stuff though.

Go to pharmacy, try English. If it doesn't work just make a coughing gesture at the people and they'll give you stuff.

I haven't gotten sick. Make sure to eat properly, dress accordingly and you'll be fine.
>>
>>1128344
>I'm currently laying on my bed at an estonian hostel being miserable
What hotel? I'll come cheer you up
>>
>>1128344
Codeine based meds will clear your head up enough to do things and enjoy them
>>
>>1128415
But I should add, nothing is going to really fix what is making you sick, only numb the symptoms. Only proper rest can fix you.
So if you numb yourself and do to much stuff, you'll just make yourself worse.
Its 2 months so you've got plenty of time, maybe just relax for a while.
>>
>>1128416
This. I'm not a fan of medicines when I can avoid them. So many people don't realize that you need to take care of yourself when traveling. I'm not saying this is the case for you but so many people eat like shit and drink every day. If you're traveling long-term, you need to eat well if you're going to drink every day. Take care of your body so it can take care of you.

Vitamin C, OP. Eat a grapefruit, have some vegetables, and sleep it off.
>>
>>1128344
>I don't want to lay around all day but I want to get over this thing ASAP
Those are mutually exclusive desires.

The quickest way to get better is bed rest. Drink lots of fluids, eat well and stay in bed.
>>
>>1128385
Eww.
>>
>>1128344

> How do you guys handle being sick while traveling?

I curse the gods.
>>
>>1129022
Is this some atheist joke that normal people don't get?
>>
>>1129045
Nah, it's a polytheist joke.
>>
>>1129065
I got it. Kek.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.