[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else is waiting on these lovelies?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (295 KB, 1064x1484) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
295 KB, 1064x1484
ITT: post where you applied from and how long you've been waiting versus your last wait time.

I applied from the US, Boston consulate. My wait time so far is 9 weeks with no update on the DFA tracking.

Between the US presidential race and the Brexit, I feel that everyone's applying.
>>
Already got one :)
>>
>>1127336
Was it recently or before all of the excitement? Are you from Ireland or born abroad?
>>
>>1127342
Born in Lucan, West of Dublin. I don't have to worry about anything so i'm happy )
>>
>Apply for Polish citizenship using muh heritage rules
>Apparently the documentation I supplied was insufficient and was denied
I'll never leave this shithole
>>
Generally speaking, what are "muh heritage" rules for getting a passport. Parent or Grandparent born in the country?

My great grandparents on my Dad's side were born in Italy... But that probably doesn't count.
>>
>>1127449
>>1127451
>>1127451
Irish rules allow for citizenship if a parent or grandparent was born in Ireland. In rare cases great grandparents but I've never seen that. If it was a grandparent you have to register with foreign births registry.

Italian rules actually allow for great grandparents but they are very particular in their rules- to the point I was confused.

If you are Polish though, you already have EU citizenship, and have the freedom of movement laws.
>>
>>1127481
Thanks m8. I looked into it and it looks like I'm good to go if I can get my great grand parents birth certificates, marriage certificate and my great grandpa's US naturalization documentation.. I also need certificates of grandparents and parents but that's easy.

Seems too easy to be true. There will probably be some catch or hurdle that prevents me from getting an Italian passport, but I'm going to pursue this for now. Thanks!
>>
>>1127502
People I have known to get dual citizenship usually say it is a matter of getting all documentation- a matter of time and money. I would also recommend speaking with a member of your nearest consulate to make sure everything is correct.
>>
>>1127315
I applied for my UK passport (Australian here) about 3 weeks ago, and I got it in the post a few days ago.

Never been to the UK but my parents are from there so I'm eligible by descent to have one
>>
>>1127510
That's pretty cool. Ireland isn't a part of the U.K., but my mother was born in Glenamaddy (co. Galway), which is also how I received Irish citizenship
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.