[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So are all hostels filled with annoying stoners and dudebros?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: LhkbZss.jpg (295 KB, 1279x853) Image search: [Google]
LhkbZss.jpg
295 KB, 1279x853
So are all hostels filled with annoying stoners and dudebros? I am considering booking one for my next trip because it is so cheap, but I absolutely despise that crowd. I don't travel to make friends (Unless I meet someone spontaneously ofcourse) or 2 smoke weed erryday xDD
>>
>>1120044

Depends on the hostel and locale.

If you're going to stay at some place called The Australian Bunker on Bangkok's Khao San Road, I'd imagine the crowd there wouldn't sit well with what you're looking for. Different hotels have different vibes, as do the neighborhoods in which they're located. Consequently, you'll come across some places which are rated or regarded as "party hostels," and others which are known for having a more chilled out, family-friendly atmosphere.
>>
>>1120044
>2 smoke weed erryday xDD

Wow you are a humongous faggot.
>>
>>1120044
I suggest getting the most expensive hotel you can as that would eliminate all the undesirables.

Then go to the roof, tie a rope to a pipe and your neck, and jump off.
>>
File: 333242.jpg (27 KB, 460x426) Image search: [Google]
333242.jpg
27 KB, 460x426
If the Toulouse anon from the other thread sees this: Add guitou4869 on skype, this pic is avatar
>>
When I went travelling, I used hostels exclusively. The people I met were all pretty cool, and I normally hate people. You get out what you put in, I went out of my way to get to know people, something I never did before, and actually enjoyed it. Pleasantly surprised that not everyone is a dick. I remember getting wrecked in Taupo watching the entire extended LotR with a load of people. It was pretty fun.
>>
>>1120044
Get the single rooms and its just a cheap hotel. If people are cool you can kick it in the public rooms or just bounce out or to your hobbit hole. This is my experience as an americunt within the states and Caribbean/central America, Europe may be hash fueled gaybro orgies 8 bunks deep.
>>
>>1120044
If you ever actually stayed at a hostel, you'd know that the kind of stereotypes you describe are actually pretty rare.

>So are all American deserts filled with annoying indians and cowbros? I am considering booking a tent for my next trip because it is so cheap, but I absolutely despise that crowd. I don't travel to make friends (Unless I meet someone spontaneously of course) or 2 rustle cows erryday xDD
>>
>>1120044
>So are all hostels filled with annoying stoners and dudebros?
No

Although you're possibly a cunt, so maybe hotel booking is yes
>>
>>1120044
Why do you travel then?
>>
>>1120044
Theres literally nothing wrong with having a smoke after a long flight/busride
>>
>>1120339
Inhaling smoke is bad for your lungs, no matter what you are smoking.
>>
>>1120153
>implying
>>1120044
Yes, that is 99% of hostel inhabitants, assuming you are at normie places. This is however not a problem as there is nothing keeping you there, it is just a place to sleep and store your things.
>>
Don't forget the uber pretentious 21yo girls that are trying to find theirselves while traveling on daddy's dime and shitposting selfies on instagram.
>>
>>1120380
>trying to find theirselves
I.e. fuck foreign men

Travel is the softcore version of getting kidnapped by another tribe, it's no wonder women are so attracted to it.
>>
>>1120383

They're such messes. And the sad thing is they think they're better people for it.
>>
>>1120074
Y'heard of this thing called irony?
>>
>>1120339
Nothing prompted this. Why are weed fags so desperate for attention?
>>
>>1120392

Their identity is literally tied to smoking weed. Pretty sad desu.
>>
>>1120339
> people who use "literally wrong"....
>>
>>1120383
Neckbeard detected
>>
>>1120044 (OP)
I've almost never met that kind of person while travelling.

>>1120339
>Theres literally nothing wrong with having a smoke after a long flight/busride
All smoking is inherently harmful, smoke is terrible for lung tissue. There is literally no way that you can smoke without harming your lungs.

>>1120390
>>1120383
>Ellioting
>They're such messes
That's what makes them so much fun in bed. They're one of the best things about hostels. Well, when you actually find one which isn't all the time.

>>1120392
>Why are weed fags so desperate for attention?
My 2c, it's an attempt to normalise their behaviour. If they talk about it and people eventually stop responding then they convince themselves that what they're doing is normal.

It's soooort of the same thing as grooming children for abuse, you reset the concept of normal so that your actions seem ok. I had a gay friend who was always trying to turn conversations with me to gay sex, basically so that he could eventually make a move on me and it would seem like the natural thing to do. I guess passive-aggressive guys do it to girls too now that I think about it, friend-zone->friendly-hug->goodnight-kiss->etc.

>>1120396
>Their identity is literally tied to smoking weed. Pretty sad desu.
That too.
>>
>>1120044
I've met plenty of stoners travelling but haven't found that many of them annoying about it, they mostly just do their thing and only talk about it if someone asks. The dudebros I almost never encounter because I don't go to the same places they do. They usually aren't hard to avoid.
>>
>>1120117
>Taupo

Which hostel were you at? I was there a couple months ago at Base. That was a fun little place, and I got lit the fuck up every night at the bar they had on the ground floor. Had some good times, especially playing bodyguard for one of the german girls who worked at the hostel and keeping dudes off her while we danced together.
>>
>>1120566
Never? you're not very social then.

stoners and dudebros are a pretty large constituency of hostels

not to say op shouldn't go anyway. but OP you should be more afraid of the spiritual guru/sjw types. they're more numerous than the stoners, and twice as annoying.

that said, there's tons of decent people. and even if there weren't, where else would you go? would you just travel alone and get solo rooms and keep to yourself?
>>
>>1120383
underrated post. can a mod plz sticky
>>
>>1120383
>t. angry virgin with no game
>>
>>1120391
You heard of this thing called fucking little boys in the ass?
>>
>>1121325
>you should be more afraid of the spiritual guru/sjw types

Is funny, I got so used to just going along with whatever SJW opinions are common travelling since it's the easiest thing to do that I eventually got called out for being a massive pussy by a 30 year old deeply religious farmers daughter from texas with some pretty conservative views. Is what I deserve of course but still, didn't have her pegged as that type at all.

She properly slated all the vegans who won't stop going on about animal rights and stuff when the farmers have no other choice. Best conversation I think I ever had travelling actually.
>>
>>1121529
a lot of us have to just keep quiet. when they start harassing people like me though I punch back.

one day a bunch of euros started to lecture me for my country having the death penalty as "barbaric." some members of my family have been murdered, and so that made me pretty angry. I slugged the main guy in the face.

I think sjws change their tune real fast when they're exposed to the consequences of what they think
>>
>>1121326
No?
>>
>>1121325
>Never
almost never != never

>>1121325
>be more afraid of the spiritual guru/sjw types
Why the fuck would I be afraid of them? They're pretty harmless desu and I'm not a goback2kitchen poltard so I don't have anything to fear from them.

Also, I don't find that many anyway, just regular people. I guess normal people can look pretty sjw if you're a poltard. Reality has a well-known left-wing bias.

>>1121649
>when they start harassing people like me though
This has literally never happened to me.

>>1121649
>I think sjws change their tune real fast when they're exposed to the consequences of what they think
You mean they don't try to debate violent morons with a persecution complex? I don't blame them.

How do these problems not happen to me? Is it me? Is it you?
>>
>>1120044

The ones I stay in aren't because I keep watch for 420fags and immediately report them to the authorities or personally beat their ass.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.