[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/etg/ Euro trip general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Eurotrip-DI.jpg (243 KB, 1330x748) Image search: [Google]
Eurotrip-DI.jpg
243 KB, 1330x748
Hey fellow travellers.

I see maybe 30% of the threads are currently about Europe.
I think it makes sense since most people see more than 1 country when travelling Europe to post in one thread. That way we can share our questions and answers together.

I have a question. I'm doing a euro trip for a month in July and have most of what I want to do planned out. However, I'm finishing it in Rome and was wondering, I'll be there for 5 days and want to know what are some must sees. Should I buy tickets to stuff like the coliseum beforehand (online)? 1 or 2 of those nights, I'd like to go out to a club or bar, what are some good ones? (will be there from Thursday to Monday.)

Thanks.
>>
>>1119503
I had no trouble getting into the Colosseum without any booking. There's a 1-2 hour queue in high season, but there's no entry limit to worry about.
>>
File: 1460942968426.jpg (330 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1460942968426.jpg
330 KB, 720x720
I'll bite, Wroclaw or Krakow? I have 3 days to spend in either or on my way to Prague. Can't make up my mind.
>>
So for a first time traveller, I get that this is a massively subjective question, so I'd like to preface with this-

How long do you guys usually amble around Europe for? I've got this idea in my head of just wandering around for a month or two, so with that in mind I'd like to ask for a ballpark number, how much would it be prudent to take with me?
>>
>>1119582
i stopped reading your question when i read "time traveller"
>>
>>1119586

But then how will you know who wins the franchise wars?
>>
>>1119533
How much did you pay?
>>
>>1119580
Krakow for sure
>>
Going to Europe in a month exactly.

What is the best Sim card to get so I can have data and shit while I'm there?
>>
>>1120804
>What is the best Sim card to get so I can have data and shit while I'm there?
Finn here. The prices of calls/data was recently capped within the European Union.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=maximum%20data%20prices%20eu

^ So up to 0.05€ extra if you cross a border. Just get any prepaid SIM really, not at an airport. Seven eleven would do I think
>>
>>1120866
How do I check if my phone is unlocked?
>>
Two questions.
1: which is a good city to use as a hub in Europe?
2: is it worth it to buy a bicycle to ride around Europe? Can I easily transport the bike international trains?
>>
>London
3 days
>Warsaw
3 days
>Krakow
4 days
>Wroclaw
3 days
>Prague
4 days
>Vienna
4 days
>Bratislava
2 days
>Budapest
4 days
>Dublin
3 days
>>
>>1121996

>which is a good city to use as a hub in Europe?
Munich possibly. It's centrally located, has a large train station/airport, lots of overnight trains leave out of there. It's has enough going on to keep you interested if you just want to hangout there. It's not the cheapest however.

>is it worth it to buy a bicycle to ride around Europe? Can I easily transport the bike on international trains
Don't know about transporting it on trains, it might cost extra. Honestly though it seems like a pain in the ass to have to haul it around everywhere. Biking is quite popular in Europe, it's affordable to rent a bike for a day if that's something you're interested in, most cities are rather bike friendly.
>>
If anyine wants to know here is my wuld and fun as fuck euro month:

Vienna:2 days
Innsbruck+surrounding alpine trekking: 10 days
Berlin: 5 day
Bad belzig: 1 day
Paris: 4 days
Normandy: 3 days
Milan: 3 days
Roma: 4 days
Anzio: 1 day
Wien: 2days and home. Italian girls are crazy and I love tinder.
>>
>>1121599
Download a su* console app and see if you can do anything
>>
>>1119580
Two days in Krakow and one in Wroclaw
>>
>>1122050
>Krakow
Give that three days
>Wroclaw
Needs just one or two
>Bratislava
Basically just need one day

With that extra time you could spend more time in another city or visit places such as Cesky Krumlov, Cork, York, Bohemian Switzerland, etc.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.