[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bulgaria
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: Vitosha_Blvd._2.jpg (528 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Vitosha_Blvd._2.jpg
528 KB, 1920x1080
OP just accepted a job offer at Sofia, Bulgaria. The job is language specific customer support.

Any experiences in travelling or living there?
>>
>>1117257
Not my favourite place in the world, but it's a very hectic, vibrant city with lots going on. Also everything is very cheap, so if you have a bit of money saved up you'll be able to live very nicely. You'll need to watch out for the traffic, drivers are insane there
>>
>>1117257

I've never been but I lived with a Bulgarian guy a couple of years ago, he was cool

Prepare to drink a lot of rakia and say "nazdrave!" a lot
>>
The noodle place on the street in ops pic is pretty good.

I know a few people who are doing customer support for big companies in Sofia. It's a shitty wage if you only speak English but the Italian and Dutch guys that I met who do it get like 150 euros more a month.

Bar scene there is pretty cool. It doesn't have a name but there is a bar that used to be a horses stable then an underground publishing house during the communist period and now it's an illegal bar. Heaps of candles and no electric lighting. Fire waiting to happen but the vibe is pretty sweet there.

Plovdiv is nicer and there is a lot more to do there but Sofia is pretty chill. I lived in Istanbul through 2014 and 15 so I would go to Bulgaria a couple of times a month because it was cheaper to drink and have fun there. Also for private healthcare since the stuff on offer in Turkey was shit.

If you're happy getting paid shitty wages for a full time gig then I'd say Sofia is an okay place to live.
>>
Spent a week there last summer. Liked it well enough, but I kinda like seedy dirty places, so Sofia was kinda perfect.

The hookers in my hostel doorway were a nice touch. So was the hot young lady who popped a squat and took a piss in the middle of the day, middle of the street, in front of me and many other people. No one but me even seemed to notice.

Very cheap all around, good beer and food if you like cheap beer and meat, which I do. Very nice bars, not clubs. Clubs were unpleasant, bars were awesome and people actually shared good weed with me, best I had in eastern Europe.

8/10 would consider living there and drinking beer every day with the old dudes chillen on every coner
>>
OP here, should I try lo learn the Cyrillic alphabets? I am planning on staying one year.

Any local Bulgarians here?
>>
>>1118616
Definitely, it's not that hard, I could read basic Cyrillic within a week. It helped that I already knew how to read Greek though
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.