[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
itt: we share our ideal road trips i'll make a detailed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
itt: we share our ideal road trips

i'll make a detailed one later because i'd like to read everyone elses but i'd like to go through europe and hit unvisited hidden gems in places like switzerland, germany, porutgal, italy, the netherlands, belgium, and spain
>>
The Oregon Trail
>>
File: 88cirque1475_57lft.jpg (94 KB, 483x725) Image search: [Google]
88cirque1475_57lft.jpg
94 KB, 483x725
>drive to the middle of nowhere border of yukon territory and northwest terretories
>hike through grizzly country for a week carrying 80+ lbs
>spend 1-2 weeks getting rained on waiting for 2 days clear
>climb pic related
>hike a week through grizzly country out, carrying 60 lbs
>drive home

except replace "drive" with "fly". so not really much of a road trip i guess...
>>
>>1117105
what is that cliff/mountain thing?
>>
File: lft.jpg (84 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
lft.jpg
84 KB, 600x450
>>1117467
lotus flower tower, in the cirque of the unclimbables.

2500', goes free at 5.10c or pull on gear through one move and it drops to 5.9 c1, perfect bivy ledge halfway up.

unfortunately it's so iconic and goes at such a low level that in spite of the massive approach (though most people take a float plane to drop the hike to 8 hours) you're pretty much guaranteed to be sharing the wall.
>>
Mongol Rally

>UK to France, through western Europe
>loop down through the Balkans
>loop back up through Moldova, see Transnistria
>through Ukraine, haul ass through the east
>Russian Caucasus to Kazakhstan, across the Aral Sea
>Central Asia, up back into Kazakhstan
>through Siberia, to Mongolia
>maybe drive through the mountains to Tuva if the car isn't broken down
>get a tattoo from a shaman, drink fermented horse milk, fire an AK-47, don't get smallpox and learn to throat sing

Another road trip idea involves going up through BC, to the Yukon. Hop on the Dempster Highway and head up to Inuvik. Wait a few years and they'll have a road built to Tuk, right on the arctic sea.

Or Spain, Morocco, Western Sahara to Mauritania and Nouadibou, although that's basically to say you've driven through Western Sahara
>>
>sitting in a car for hours is fun

Americans are weird
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.