[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a EU citizen. This summer i'm going to the USA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: MoreOfMontana.jpg (427 KB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
MoreOfMontana.jpg
427 KB, 1920x800
I'm a EU citizen. This summer i'm going to the USA for the first time nd I will have to do 2 transit flights to reach my destination. I'd like to know

What's this ESTA all about?
Are security control really a pain in the ass?
Do I have to check my bag again for each stop in the USA?

My itinerary will be: Rome, Paris, Denver and Helena in Montana (yes, I like mountains and quality beer).
>>
>>1116911
>Montana
kek
>>
Also:
suggest me cool things to do there. I love trekking and camping btw.
>>
>>1116911
You will have to go through customs and recheck your bag at your first US stop. After that (assuming you had more than one connection) you wouldn't see your checked bags until your final destination.
>>
>>1116924
Glacier national park, obviously
>>
>>1116911
Esta is something you NEED to do. But if youre not a criminal itll be accepted in like 10 secs.

Security checks are like any other airport desu. If you dont have anything to hide there will be NO problems.
>>
>>1116926
>recheck your bag at your first US stop
are you sure? I bought all the transfers in one ticket.
>>
>>1117223
Doesn't matter. You have to clear customs at first US stop, so you have to pick up any checked bags, walk them by the inspector, and, assuming you pass, put them on a new conveyor belt for loading onto your next flight. (It isn't the same place as where you would check your bags if this were your first flight.)

Not every airport is an international airport with customs facilities, and they can't be bothered to treat connections to other international airports any different from connections to purely domestic airports.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.