[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Me and my friend want to travel the world going treasure hunting,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (135 KB, 1076x494) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
135 KB, 1076x494
Me and my friend want to travel the world going treasure hunting, but we have no skills or money. If I had to list our best qualities, I'd say I'm pretty creative and can tell jokes, and he has a high speech stat and can pick up new skills quickly if he wants to but usually doesn't. Anyone have any tips on taking over a ship so we can get free transport?
Pic related, a ship I found when I googled ship
>>
File: free ships.jpg (285 KB, 1295x1008) Image search: [Google]
free ships.jpg
285 KB, 1295x1008
1. fly to san francisco
2. sneak onto mothballed battleship
3. ???
4. profit!

pic related
>>
In my experience you should take over a non american boat, else the Nave Seals shoot you dead.
>>
>>1115582
>Me and my friend want to travel the world going treasure hunting

Uncharted 4 is a pretty good game, you should stick to playing that.
>>
>>1115582
Big ships use thousands of liters of fuel an hour. You should commandeer a fuel tanker.
>>
>>1115582
Not gonna lie, I'm sure we've all had these dreams, and probably nursed them into young adult age longer than reasonable person should.

Thing is, Lara was already wealthy as fuck British 1% so she can buy and toys she wants, Indy probably had uni funding so he could go lots of places but any relics he found were destined for a museum. Nathan Drake's story is impossible, to hunt treasure you need more than a shovel and a map with an 'X' on it. I don't think he could afford diving equipment, international travel, SCUBA equipment, sonar equipped vessels or anything you'd really need to pull his shit off.....also he has no super powers but can out climb and jump Spiderman?
>>
>>1115582
OP, I haven't had that feeling in a long time. I, of course, loved Indy and Lara Croft, DaVinci Code, National Treasure, Sahara, and "The Librarian" type movies. Of course!

I haven't had that feeling in a while, because 1) I didn't go into archaeology or mining and 2) I prefer different kinds of travel now really. But, there is one show that brings back the urges. Ron LeBlanc with his gem hunters. I love ROCKS. And, I could see a feasible business buying and reselling if you had their skills or had some claim you could filter. But, that alley money changing scene in Tanzania? Oh man, I don't have the balls for that.
http://gemhunter.com/hunters/
>>
>>1117326
National treasure is shit.

You can go to Africa and some gold veins are so unsupervised you can probably just start digging and who know you might find $30 worth of gold. Of course the guy illegally digging next to you will probably steal it.
>>
File: iknowwhoyouare.jpg (236 KB, 711x800) Image search: [Google]
iknowwhoyouare.jpg
236 KB, 711x800
>>1115582
There's still plenty of undiscovered treasures out there. I hear about a bunch of loot the Japs took during WWII and lost somewhere in the Phillipines, I think it's still there. Also Jew gold the Nazi's dumped in a German lake.

If anyone on /trv/ is interested in getting together, we could meet up make a plan, and check these out. We could split costs equally, and split the loot amongst ourselves as well. Even if we don't find anything it would be fun to actually look for the stuff, maybe make a good story.
>>
As someone who works in yacht construction: for a big yacht like that, the rule of thumb for its price is €~1 million for every meter of length. Anyone with that kind of money will make sure his yacht isn't easy to "take over" so two random dudes can go capsize and drown in the Central Pacific.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.